Moparts

Anyone played with Car Chemistry Header Inserts????

Posted By: Canuck

Anyone played with Car Chemistry Header Inserts???? - 07/26/10 07:38 PM

Looking for an easy way to quiet the race car down in the driveway so I don't get thrown out of my subdivision when i want to set the timing. These look to be a cost effective way of doing it. Just wondering if anyone around Moparts has actually tried them

http://www.jegs.com/i/Car+Chemistry/176/3DI35L/10002/-1
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Anyone played with Car Chemistry Header Inserts???? - 07/26/10 07:56 PM

I tried them and didn't have much luck - still loud. Put the washers in and that helped a little - still too loud. Also tried the perferated cones. Also didn't help much. I have had the best luck with a pair of Summit race mufflers #638230 - under $30 each. Short piece of 3" pipe clamped to my headers ( stainless exhaust clamp ), those muffs, and down spouts dumping in front of the axle and angled towards the center of the car. Quiet enough not to PO the neighbors too much and easy to remove for the track. I also use them for any T&T on the street that I might do.
Posted By: fbernard

Re: Anyone played with Car Chemistry Header Inserts???? - 07/26/10 10:06 PM

"Played". You got the right term. I could not hear any kind of real-life difference afterwards (3-row with washer/reducers, 3.5" ID).
One friend's full-out racecar with (see a pattern?) single Summit stainless mufflers isn't nearly as loud as my car. I'm thinking dual Summit muffs, one before and one after the rear-end.
Posted By: Canuck

Re: Anyone played with Car Chemistry Header Inserts???? - 07/27/10 11:14 AM

Thanks Guys, I might head to Carquest and see if they have anything similar....or call Summit

You saved me $100.00 today
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: Anyone played with Car Chemistry Header Inserts???? - 07/27/10 04:22 PM

i bought the collector inserts (bolt on) they were quieter at an idle compared to open headers but were just as loud driving, i took them off and went with a flow master mufflers 2 chmber
Posted By: MoparBilly

Re: Anyone played with Car Chemistry Header Inserts???? - 07/28/10 12:43 PM

Stay away from those, waste of money! Unless you are looking for a way to slow the car down by a tenth or 2.

Tommy Johnsons motorsports warehouse sells some collector insert mufflers that basically look like a mini glass pack...they are more effective at sound cancellation, and slow you down less. But in the end, a good race muffler is usually cheaper and more effective.

Attached picture 6109479-IMAGE0006.JPG
Posted By: 69dart

Re: Anyone played with Car Chemistry Header Inserts???? - 07/28/10 07:51 PM

I agree they are terrible. I tried them years ago and they added so much back pressure it blew the dipstick out and oil went everywhere. O and slowed the car about 3 tenths.

The dynatech splitfow mufflers are very good. I saw no ET loss with them. The only problem I had with them was it was difficult to hear my car start in the lanes with all the open header cars...lol.
© 2024 Moparts Forums