Moparts

AJ.....don't look....it will ruin the surprise.

Posted By: SuperStockWagon

AJ.....don't look....it will ruin the surprise. - 07/18/10 09:30 PM

DRC is reporting that AJ lost an engine in round 2 against KJ..snake bit again!!!
Posted By: John_Kunkel

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 09:33 PM

Thank you for ruining it for those of us who have a recorder running.
Posted By: cudadon

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 09:33 PM

Haven't watched it YET thanks. You could've used a post title that wouldn't ruin the show.
Posted By: SuperStockWagon

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 09:35 PM

Quote:

Nothing to see here..move along now!!
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 09:35 PM

thanks a lot now i dont have watch it
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 09:38 PM

dont come back
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 10:03 PM

Idiot!!!!!
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 10:05 PM

NOT COOL!!

Kasey
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 10:14 PM

Quote:

dont come back

Posted By: Cudajon

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 10:14 PM

While you are recovering from the abuse, go posta video on youtube about your chevy. Sorry couldn't resist.
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 10:25 PM

Quote:

No kidding....
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 10:26 PM

I was getting ready to watch the race when i saw this. not cool at all.
Posted By: 440forPOWER

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 11:10 PM

Same here
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 11:15 PM

thank you...watching it now......
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/18/10 11:51 PM

I'll never buy another Idaho potato again.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 02:39 AM

Oh well, one more DVR'd show I won't have to watch tonight...
Posted By: formula S

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 05:48 AM

Think next time before you give it all away in the subject heading, you should delete the post so it wont ruin it for others
Posted By: Monte_Smith

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 05:56 AM

It's not like this is a new thing, it happens every race (that somebody gives it away) If it is such a big deal that you can't know the results before you watch it.....stay off the internet until you have watched it.

Monte
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 11:19 AM

Quote:

It's not like this is a new thing, it happens every race (that somebody gives it away) If it is such a big deal that you can't know the results before you watch it.....stay off the internet until you have watched it.

Monte

Now that's some funny CH!T ^^^^^^
Posted By: supercomp

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 01:42 PM

I sure wouldn't want to be around AJ in a thunderstorm.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 01:47 PM

Quote:

Monte

You would think the guy called somebodys wife a bad name, wow.
Posted By: bonefish

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 03:02 PM

i read the post and said DANG.then i watched the showw and he blew it again,youd think he would of learned the first time.
Posted By: HEMI472

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 03:11 PM

Quote:

Monte

i agree keep posting the results for the people who dont watch it
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 03:50 PM

Quote:

i read the post and said DANG.then i watched the showw and he blew it again,youd think he would of learned the first time.

Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 04:29 PM

Quote:

Monte

I agree, many people have made this mistake and you guys need to lighten up.

The correct procedure is to NOT put the actual results in the title(subject)line. Just put the venue/race and the word "Results" in the title. Then people who are taping it or in a different time zone will know NOT to read that thread.

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 11:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

I agree, many people have made this mistake and you guys need to lighten up.

The correct procedure is to NOT put the actual results in the title(subject)line. Just put the venue/race and the word "Results" in the title. Then people who are taping it or in a different time zone will know NOT to read that thread.

Its ok to make a mistake, but if your really looking forward to seeing something, and someone bursts your bubble, that is frustrating.

I was not on here to see results, i was on here to look at other posts.

You mentioned the curtious way to do, and im ok with that way, then you avoid the thread.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 11:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

You would think the guy called somebodys wife a bad name, wow.

if you don't want to know don't get on a race web site, just to protect yourself if it means that much to you
Posted By: ro23car

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 11:39 PM

well now i dont feel bad about my boo boo at milan
Posted By: dOoC

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 11:41 PM

Quote:

I sure wouldn't want to be around AJ in a thunderstorm.

HERE .... is good advice
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 11:48 PM

I guess we all shouldnt read Newspapers...watch the news at night...or even as said be on the Internet...
Posted By: 383man

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/19/10 11:54 PM

Quote:

I guess we all shouldnt read Newspapers...watch the news at night...or even as said be on the Internet...

There you go. Ron

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/20/10 08:13 PM

Would you walk into a theater showing a murder mystery movie and shout "the butler did it" as the movie started?

If you're gonna post something about a race in progress it's good net etiquette to word the header "Second round results from Sonoma" or some such.
Posted By: supercomp

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/20/10 09:12 PM

You came up with a fun idea.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/20/10 11:27 PM

I was there for Saturday and Sunday. Best weekend in a long time!
Posted By: Leon441

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 12:48 AM

Somebodies gonna do a bonehead thing and post key results in the subject heading everytime. NHRA ADRL and many other organizations. It doesn't change things the one who post just wants to be the guy who says it first. Probably gets all warm and fuzzy knowing he screwed the East coast guys out of some suspense in watching NHRA Pro Stock. I too love the class and AJ the guy to watch most of the time if you are a MOPAR fan.

But, for those who know all and say stay off the internet on Sunday evening. That's just not possible all the time. When you sit around waiting for the Program to come on and you are not exactly sure it is on this Sunday or what time it comes on this Sunday. You go to the internet to find the info. Sometimes that info is on Moparts such as AJ qualifies # position. Sure that also blows the surprise for those watching qualifying but it lets one know the race can be expected to come on sometime between 6P Sunday and 2A Monday. This is the real world of watching NHRA on the east coast.

So for those of you who want to be the first to post AJ's results, be carefull of the subject title so not to blow it for your fellow Mopar guys.

I was in Vegas and did not know it was on so now I know AJ takes another hit in the points. Sorry to hear this.

Leon

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 01:01 AM

That is very well put Leon!

You expressed what i was trying to say, but did it a whole lot better!
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 01:34 AM

IDEA...!! For those who don't want the results early,,go work on your car and don't look at the computer.
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 02:04 AM

Quote:

IDEA...!! For those who don't want the results early,,go work on your car and don't look at the computer.

BETTER IDEA that had been WORKING GREAT... for those that need to be the first to announce things, just put in the subject that there are results and NO ONE WILL BE UPSET.

It's dumb to think that anyone should have to avoid this site on a race weekend just in case someone cant be courteous to others that dont want to know things before they air on ESPN.
Write whatever you want IN THE POST but leave the message out of the title, thats the only thing people are asking for.

People that come on here and see RESULTS or anything that might give away something dont open that thread and every gets along great... think about it.

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 02:09 AM

Quote:

Quote:

BETTER IDEA that had been WORKING GREAT... for those that need to be the first to announce things, just put in the subject that there are results and NO ONE WILL BE UPSET.

It's dumb to think that anyone should have to avoid this site on a race weekend just in case someone cant be courteous to others that dont want to know things before they air on ESPN.
Write whatever you want IN THE POST but leave the message out of the title, thats the only thing people are asking for.

People that come on here and see RESULTS or anything that might give away something dont open that thread and every gets along great... think about it.

Im glad you said it politly because my response was not going to be PG rated.
Posted By: gofish

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 02:41 AM

I used to work with guy that would not watch a NASCAR race live, he wanted to tape it and watch it at his leisure. He went around for days at a time telling everyone no to say anything about the race because he had not seen it yet.

I don't expect the rest of the world to stand still until I have time to catch up to it.

Danny
Posted By: jamesc

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 04:12 AM

Quote:

I don't expect the rest of the world to stand still until I have time to catch up to it.

well put, i could never really understand how people get so worked up about someone posting results and proceed to bash them relentlessly. it's not like this is some big life altering scenario. imho in the grand scheme of things this is way, way down the list of concerns

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 04:38 AM

Quote:

Quote:

well put, i could never really understand how people get so worked up about someone posting results and proceed to bash them relentlessly. it's not like this is some big life altering scenario. imho in the grand scheme of things this is way, way down the list of concerns

Exactly.......should people post results in the subject line, well not really, but it happens all the time...so I say again, you don't want to know the results before you get a chance to watch it, stay off the internet, or at least race related sites. This is the information age and race results are posted from the stands, from people at the race, on a by run basis, at nearly every event, so might as well expect it.......Personally, I could care less about knowing the result before I watch the race on TV. Takes nothing away from it for me and if it did...well...I would STAY OFF THE INTERNET

Monte
Posted By: Chris'sBarracuda

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 05:32 AM

I can't believe there is 2 pages of posts about something as trivial as this..

Who Cares..

Chris...

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 12:29 PM

I can remember waiting 2-3 weeks for Wide World of Sports to show a film of a Nascar race. Needless to say, I knew the results already, but enjoyed the brief 5 minute tapes between the tennis and the ice skating. As you can probably tell, time AND technical advances have changed alot in the last 50 years!
Posted By: julian2007

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 01:57 PM

This is the biggest waste of web space I have ever seen!the biggest bunch of cry babies on one place.If you are actually bitching about this guy posting a blown motor you are a pathetic excuse fore a American. With all the bad stuff going on in the world around us and you living in the greatest nation in the world with people willing to lay down there lives for you so it will stay that way,You are really going to spit in there faces by crying about this? How old are you five? Be glad you have a country to live in where all you have to worry about is someone spoiling your precious tv program.This web site was not started for babies it was for people to exchange information about race and muscle cars,if you want to cry go to www.gerber.com.
P.S GET A LIFE

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 02:28 PM

Quote:

This is the biggest waist

you haven't seen my wife.
Posted By: 572_HEMI_Cuda

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 02:31 PM

From what i read, it really has to do with losing the motor in round two. Not losing the motor.

Good points though, this thread has really been too long. Its clear people are bent about hearing the results.
Posted By: Eric

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 02:45 PM

"AJ wins next week"....

Guy made a boo boo...world won't stop....Lets keep it real...
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 03:15 PM

And there is NO REASON to call a person a IDIOT or
any other names... explain the screw up and move on

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 04:47 PM

Thanks for the spell check lol, sorry but I hate when people ball about nothing.We have people like that at work and it makes it hell to get THREW a day.

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 04:53 PM

Quote:

makes it hell to get threw a day.

you're killing me!
Posted By: fishy340

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 05:07 PM

he said BALL beavis..lmao
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 05:14 PM

Quote:

This is the biggest waste of web space I have ever seen!the biggest bunch of cry babies on one place.If you are actually bitching about this guy posting a blown motor you are a pathetic excuse fore a American. With all the bad stuff going on in the world around us and you living in the greatest nation in the world with people willing to lay down there lives for you so it will stay that way,You are really going to spit in there faces by crying about this? How old are you five? Be glad you have a country to live in where all you have to worry about is someone spoiling your precious tv program.This web site was not started for babies it was for people to exchange information about race and muscle cars,if you want to cry go to www.gerber.com.
P.S GET A LIFE

Kinda an over kill IMHO, but wow, you manage your body shop with that mentality? When a customer gets pissed about a flaw, do ya tell them to GET A LIFE??

and you are correct this thread is way too long for this little crap.

Kasey
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 06:18 PM

Could someone PLEASE make this post disappear. Its alright to have a little fun but this is getting old. With a popular forum like Moparts, and new members every day this problem will not be going away so learn how to deal with it in your own way. Sit back, enjoy the race, and just be happy were alive to see it.

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 06:31 PM

Annithang tue breng a smyle tue dis thrade.

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 06:53 PM

when a customer has a problem with a flaw there is real problem so there is nothing to get upset about,all you do is fix it.When someone bitches about nothing you don't want them as a customer because there "problem" always = the amount they owe you out of pocket(deductible).I never go nuts on a customer they pay my bills,just on people who have nothing better to do than try to piss in someone's beer glass for fun.All the guy did was post some info and everyone attacked him like shot someone,maybe it was over kill but it's the only way to get a a-holes attention sometimes.
Posted By: Y3 70 BEE

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 07:33 PM

Anytime I see a post with AJ in the subject I expect bad news so I don t get disappointed when I read it.

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 08:27 PM

Quote:

..so I say again, you don't want to know the results before you get a chance to watch it, stay off the internet,

Boy, that's great logic there...let's take it a step further, if you don't want your car dinged don't take it out of the garage and if you do and it happens to get smacked by a drunk it's your fault for taking it out on the road.
Posted By: cudadoug

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 10:59 PM

Quote:

Monte

Well there is that...

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 11:22 PM

"....new members every day...",,,,I am relatively new here. I joined to try to get some info and different ideas on Mopars. What I have found is crap like this. I have tried to give info on things I have found to work in the past 40+ years,but, I get the old 'ignore him', he is a NEWBIE and we don't know him and he is not in our clique so we don't want to encourage him to participate in "our" fun....I see other posts where people encourage others to join. Why would they want to if all they get is ridiculed? I'm sure the AJ post was just an honest attempt to let others know what was going on. Evidently the Mopart's sandbox isn't large enough to let all the kids play.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 11:32 PM

Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/21/10 11:52 PM

Quote:

"....new members every day...",,,,I am relatively new here. I joined to try to get some info and different ideas on Mopars. What I have found is crap like this. I have tried to give info on things I have found to work in the past 40+ years,but, I get the old 'ignore him', he is a NEWBIE and we don't know him and he is not in our clique so we don't want to encourage him to participate in "our" fun....I see other posts where people encourage others to join. Why would they want to if all they get is ridiculed? I'm sure the AJ post was just an honest attempt to let others know what was going on. Evidently the Mopart's sandbox isn't large enough to let all the kids play.

I'm sure once the guys and ladies get to know you more
they would take your word for it.... but this is the
internet and there is alot of BS out there... so dont
get all up over it... it happens to most all that
are new
Posted By: 727builder

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/22/10 12:07 AM

I've been on here awhile now. And surprised at the name calling?
Why would anyone that don't want to know the results clink on any link that might have results in it?
Posted By: unknown

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/22/10 12:58 AM

Quote:

Dude, don't sweat it out one bit.Some of this guys know each other for a long time. I'm still a (newbe) I don't care. I spent the last 20 years street racing on the east side of Detroit , I don't go to the track to much,and don,t have my car running right now, but like to hang on Moparts.SO have a and hang with us
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/22/10 01:52 AM

Quote:

I've been on here awhile now. And surprised at the name calling?
Why would anyone that don't want to know the results clink on any link that might have results in it?

results were in the title of the thread, didnt have to click on any link, thats the point.

no one is saying dont post results, no one is saying put your life on hold til its shown on TV, all people are asking is dont put results in the title of the thread...

personally I dont really get all that upset about results being posted, it happens, but I can understand where others are coming from and what they are asking for as a courtesy, I'm surprised so many people are so against being understanding and just being courteous to others.

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/22/10 03:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

..so I say again, you don't want to know the results before you get a chance to watch it, stay off the internet,

Boy, that's great logic there...let's take it a step further, if you don't want your car dinged don't take it out of the garage and if you do and it happens to get smacked by a drunk it's your fault for taking it out on the road.

Yes, this is VERY good logic. If you have not seen the race and will get your panties in a bunch if you know the end result of what happened to AJ, before you see it.....oh...I don't know, but you may want to stay off a Mopar related web board, until you have a chance to watch it. I'm just saying..............

Monte
Posted By: Eric

Re: AJ loses engine in round 2 - 07/22/10 03:31 AM

Ok...I think the OP understands what he did wrong...nuff said...and for our newer members...Threads like this rarely happen..as far as the unwelcome feel is concerned....Don't be afraid to ask questions...Lord knows I ask enough.
© 2024 Moparts Forums