Moparts

Tubular Automotive header info/specs

Posted By: CHRONiklyDEMONic

Tubular Automotive header info/specs - 07/06/10 08:53 AM

I have what I believe to be a set of A-Body tube auto headers. The headers I have are 1 7/8" primary & 3.5" collector, individual slip together tubes w/slip on collectors, complete underchassis design, they have adapter plates that bolt to the head...

First and foremost, can someone confirm the brand please? Pics attached.

Second, are the tube auto headers still being produced? How much are they when purchased new?

How do they compare in fit/quality to the TTi W2 headers?

Thank you for your help.

Attached picture 6071133-headerDS.jpg

Re: Tubular Automotive header info/specs - 07/06/10 08:53 AM

Attached picture 6071134-HeaderPS.jpg

Re: Tubular Automotive header info/specs - 07/06/10 08:54 AM

Attached picture 6071135-headerSpacers.jpg
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Tubular Automotive header info/specs - 07/06/10 01:08 PM

Quote:

Second, are the tube auto headers still being produced? How much are they when purchased new?

Give them a phone call, and post their response.

Tubular Automotive
248 Weymouth St.
P.O. Box 279
Rockland, MA 02370
(781) 878-9875
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Tubular Automotive header info/specs - 07/06/10 03:45 PM

they look like the tubeular automotives I got used.

Re: Tubular Automotive header info/specs - 07/06/10 05:20 PM

Just got off the phone with them, thanks for the number. They are still being produced. Still handmade. Same specs as mine - uncoated, with buyers preference of head plates and collector dia. = $729, or $580 without plates. Sweet.

I bought these off of ebay a couple years ago from a guy who didnt know what they were. I contacted TA at that point too and had them tool up a set of plates for me (pictured) but my plans are always changing and idk what I'm going to do yet for sure, but I may end up listing them in the FS section... not sure, its good to know though that they ARE still making their killer headers.

But yeah, fyi.. tubular automotive is still strikin' em out, anyone use their BB A-body headers?

Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Tubular Automotive header info/specs - 07/06/10 09:16 PM

I bought my first set of TAs used , I am now on my 3rd set (2 sets new) over many years, I have plates for W2 heads (on car now) and standard heads, I like them and haven`t had any problems and have a flange to hook up mufflers/exhaust. Be sure and study the installation diagram as if you don`t follow it they don`t go in. Ask me how I know! after many years I finally have the tube installation order memorized.

Attached File
Posted By: 446acuda

Re: Tubular Automotive header info/specs - 07/07/10 01:31 AM

Quote:

anyone use their BB A-body headers?

I ran their BB headers on my '69 440 Barracuda. It's the best big block A-body header IMO, good starter access, fit 4 spd bellcrank with no issues and has good tire clearance.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Tubular Automotive header info/specs - 07/07/10 08:25 AM

So you can still buy the adapter plates for the standard heads?
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Tubular Automotive header info/specs - 07/07/10 10:30 PM

I believe so, they still list them in their catalog.

Attached File
© 2024 Moparts Forums