Moparts

Jegs disc brakes...

Posted By: tboomer

Jegs disc brakes... - 06/28/10 02:23 PM

Anyone use this setup??
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/630200/10002/-1
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/28/10 02:30 PM

Looks like a reproduction '73+ A body kit. Probably comes from Master Power or Right Stuff. Should work fine but you might find the same thing in a wrecking yard depending on where you live.

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/28/10 02:35 PM

Thanks,Andy! Any mopars in a junkyard in this area are as scarce as hens teeth!! That is why I am looking at new stuff...
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/28/10 03:25 PM

Man those just look heavy

Get a good quality race brake kit and shave some weight while your at it.

I put Wilwoods on all 4 corners and dropped the ET just becuase of the lighter rotating mass.

Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/28/10 03:29 PM

I use the kit. For the money, it's hard to beat.

It is heavy, and it is a factory setup, but the parts are brand new, and you can get brake pads at Advance Auto Parts if you need them.

It's the single best thing I did to my car over the past forty years. The improvement over those old drum brakes is incredible.

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/28/10 03:35 PM

Steve...That is what I wanted to hear!! Real world results!! Thanks,buddy!!
Posted By: mark42202

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/28/10 03:44 PM

tboomer,
You could always just pick up the tubular front I'm selling... it comes with discs!!! LOL.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/28/10 11:23 PM

Like I said earlier, it is the single best thing I ever did to the car.

If you bought the pieces seperately it would no doubt cost more and is a lot more screwing around. Ditto digging through some old boneyard, being bitten by insects and snakes and the like.

Everything is new, it fits, and you just take it out of the box and bolt it on. You can do it in a couple of hours. The only additional thing I bought was a $20 Jegs proportioning valve and plumbed it in.

You won't regret it...you'll wonder why you didn't do it years ago.
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/28/10 11:52 PM

ted i know a mopar guy that lives close to me that has 3-4 73 disc A-bodys that you could probably buy cheep.I could call and ask him if you would like.all you really need is the A-body disc brake spindles. the rest you can get at the parts store that's how i did my 65 Plymouth. but he does have everything that goes with them.This is going on the 64 Right? thanks Bobby
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/29/10 12:25 AM

Late 70, early 80's 5th Avenue's is interchangeable. I ended up using those spindles, turned the rotors that come off the car, and purchased new calipers...I had about $150 in everything including new hoses

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/29/10 04:27 AM

Thanks,guys! I would rather buy everything new...
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/29/10 02:39 PM

You can't beat it for the price, and its nice to have everything there in kit form. Sure you can save a few bucks pulling stuff off crusty old junkyard cars, but how much is your time and energy worth to you? Its not race weight, but if you are still running factory drums with that 512" I've been reading about , this kit is a MUST!!!Jegs comes through again.
Posted By: DoctorDiff

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/29/10 04:51 PM

Jegs is rebranding an existing brake kit. I carry the same stuff for the same price.

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 06/29/10 07:22 PM

If you call DoctorDiff he can make up a custom kit for you using those knuckles and lighter calipers. All the stuff is available today to build full kits off the shelf. Late model reproduction knuckles, my adapters, WW calipers, 11.75 rotors, bearings, seals, hoses, etc.

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/01/10 12:12 AM

Cass...I will get a hold of you after the holiday...Thanks!!
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/01/10 02:12 AM

putting them on my dads 71 wagon and we have put them on a couple other customers cars good stuff... and a good price too.

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/01/10 11:27 AM

Cass...Where did your web page go??
Posted By: codfish

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/01/10 11:42 AM

Does this kit fit the A bodies as well?

Description only says B and E bodies.

Scrapyards around here with available parts are non-existant too.

codfish
Posted By: David_in_St_Croi

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/01/10 01:00 PM

Quote:

Cass...Where did your web page go??

It is here now, just looked it up a couple of weeks ago:

http://www.doctordiff.com/

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/01/10 02:14 PM

My website is incomplete and out of date. I'm working on a new one.

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/01/10 02:23 PM

cass...Can you e-mail me some prices and pics?? My e-mail is in my profile...After today,I have a bad work schedule so I may not respond right away... Should be out at the farm trimming brush...

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/01/10 02:38 PM

Quote:

codfish

It can fit A body cars but the details are a little confusing so Jegs probably finds it easier to just skip that issue. Basically you need the later model ball joints mounted on the car in order to work with the later model knuckle. There are several ways to do that trick.

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/02/10 11:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

codfish

It can fit A body cars but the details are a little confusing so Jegs probably finds it easier to just skip that issue. Basically you need the later model ball joints mounted on the car in order to work with the later model knuckle. There are several ways to do that trick.

So the kit isn't "complete" for an A-body. Just need to buy 4 ball joints too?

What about you're kit for an A-body with 10" drums Cass?

codfish

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/02/10 03:13 PM

tboomer: I don't have pictures, but I sell the same kit as pictured.

codfish: Pre '73 A-bodies require changing upper control arms and lower ball joints. I also make tapered bushings so you can re-use the early A-body upper control arms.
Posted By: Jeff_383

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/02/10 03:28 PM

Don't you need a non-power disc/drum master cylinder as well?
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/02/10 03:48 PM

We have tons of the Mopar disc and drum set ups remove from cars that were converted to after market brakes.We have everything from nine inch to 11 inch drum set ups and single and daul piston front disc brakes.Some of this stuff is like brand new and some well used but in good shape.Also have spindles and other related suspension parts if anyone is interested.
Posted By: JACKSON

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/02/10 05:34 PM

TBOOMER, im sure one of these great guys on here should be able to hook you up!
Posted By: TonyS451

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/02/10 06:59 PM

Ted - If you can afford the wilwood caliper upgrade, I would go that route, especially for a race car that could stand to shed a few pounds. I

I picked up the Dr Diff kit for my 62 Savoy(that I no longer own) and it was perfect. It had Wilwood calpipers Andys brackets, spindles, braided hoses, stock rotors, etc. No missing parts and I'm pretty sure Cass shipped everything before he got the money! Your shipping results may vary, but point is Dr Diff is a super guy to do business with.
(he did the Dana also, which was sa-weet)

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/02/10 09:47 PM

Quote:

tboomer:
codfish: Pre '73 A-bodies require changing upper control arms and lower ball joints. I also make tapered bushings so you can re-use the early A-body upper control arms.

Cass do you sell a basic (read cheap lol) kit that WILL fit my 10" drum spindles?

thanks
gary

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/03/10 05:21 AM

Gary,

I made a prototype brake kit that used A-body 10" drum brake knuckles, 5 x 4 1/2" Mustang rotors and GM metric calipers. Everyting fit, but the kit wouldn't be much cheaper than the other I sell.

Re: Jegs disc brakes... - 07/03/10 04:15 PM

Thanks

Just looking to do a swap without changing out my spindles.

gary
© 2024 Moparts Forums