Moparts

Recommendations for a tranny cooler

Posted By: BloFish

Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/15/10 11:40 PM

Thinking of getting a tranny cooler for the car, as temps can reach 220* with just a few romps on the throttle, no thanks to the 3,500 stall converter. Any recommendations on brand and or mounting location.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/16/10 12:19 AM

Posted By: moparniac

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 12:20 AM

B&M super cooler
Posted By: tubtar

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 12:39 AM

Quote:

B&M super cooler

This is a good'un.
Any stacked plate design is preferable to the old single pass radiator looking coolers from what I am told.
I have no experience with the heat sink type that Fred is showing , but he has the voice of experience IMO , so I might give them a look too.

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/16/10 01:22 AM

Posted By: 2DoorPost

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 01:24 AM

The bigger,the better...

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/16/10 02:10 AM

Posted By: mopar376d

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 02:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B&M super cooler

x2...

X3.
If it's put in a spot that doesn't get strong air circulation, mount an electric fan to it.

X4

I run two of them and double enter my car every weekend.
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 04:31 AM

Any of the available stacked plate designs work very well. Sold by B&M, Earls and many others.
Posted By: BeEtLeJuIcE !

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 04:38 AM

The bigger ....the BESTer ? ..... might be the plan on a tow-rig or motorhome ..... but on a racer ? .....

...uNless you want to kill-some stall-speed.
Posted By: rebel

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 07:05 AM

another B&M supercooler here. mines mounted above the diff & has a fan. the fans great for blowing your burnout smoke away. burnouts look impressive with long trails of smoke wofting away behind you,

Attached picture 6039676-Dec13_3376.jpg
Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 07:22 AM

B&M supercooler!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 04:36 PM

Quote:

Thinking of getting a tranny cooler for the car, as temps can reach 220* with just a few romps on the throttle, no thanks to the 3,500 stall converter. Any recommendations on brand and or mounting location.

Don`t see why a 3500 stall vert should matter.....I`m running a 5000 stall 8" on the street/strip and have been for years and it takes several passes/miles to get to 160 degrees. I run the flat plate type B&M cooler sold at Kragens, Pep Boys etc. and it is mounted behind my ft. lic plate where it gets lots of air. Good luck...
Posted By: sshemi

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 06:54 PM

Quote:

another B&M supercooler here. mines mounted above the diff & has a fan. the fans great for blowing your burnout smoke away. burnouts look impressive with long trails of smoke wofting away behind you,

Any pics???
Posted By: sshemi

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 07:12 PM

Quote:

I used one like this but a double pass. both fitting are on one end from SUMITT

I like the look of those coolers. and that you could mount it on the inside of a framerail.
That way if you blow a line maybe it wont spray the rear tires?
Posted By: BloFish

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/16/10 09:23 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Don`t see why a 3500 stall vert should matter.....

Perhaps it doesn't, I just wanted to give some info: that might explain the quick generation of heat. And when I say :a few romps on the throttle" it is more like after a couple of 1/4 mile passes
I appreciate all of the advice and suggestions

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/17/10 05:32 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Any pics???

yeah but you might need your night vision glasses to see it. everything is black under there.

Attached picture 6041196-05-07-09_20221.jpg
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/17/10 05:51 AM

FWIW mine is mounted at the rear of the car as well. We did it more to get more weight back there than anything else.

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/17/10 07:18 AM

Quote:

We did it more to get more weight back there than anything else.

same here plus it keeps the engine bay from looking cluttered.
Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/17/10 12:48 PM

here, B&M Supercooler. The biggest one. From Summit.

Attached picture 6041407-19.JPG
Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: Recommendations for a tranny cooler - 06/17/10 12:49 PM

un mor

Attached picture 6041409-12.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums