Moparts

MAXXIS RACE TRAILER TIRES d or e

Posted By: bonefish

MAXXIS RACE TRAILER TIRES d or e - 06/15/10 02:57 PM

i need four tires,the ones i have are maxxis d rated and they are 7 years old and are showing signs of seperation the e rated tires arnt much more than the d rated,whats the difference?
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: MAXXIS RACE TRAILER TIRES d or e - 06/15/10 02:59 PM

Get the E rated tire, has a higher weight load rating..the d rated tire might be 2500 lbs per tire, the e rated might be 2850 per tire..Phill
Posted By: bonefish

Re: MAXXIS RACE TRAILER TIRES d or e - 06/15/10 03:05 PM

Quote:

Get the E rated tire, has a higher weight load rating..the d rated tire might be 2500 lbs per tire, the e rated might be 2850 per tire..Phill

for the extra 22 bucks per tire i think it might be worth it,i found a site that sells them for arounf 122.oo per tire with free shipping,dose that sound about right?
Posted By: Troublemaker427

Re: MAXXIS RACE TRAILER TIRES d or e - 06/15/10 03:17 PM

I just bought 4 E rated Maxxis tires. I bought them online from Discount Tire. They had the best price I could find and free shipping.
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: MAXXIS RACE TRAILER TIRES d or e - 06/15/10 03:18 PM

I buy them whole sale and cost me about 98.00 Ea. this is for a 15". 16's will be more money...Phill
Posted By: MRMOPAR

Re: MAXXIS RACE TRAILER TIRES d or e - 06/15/10 04:34 PM

I was going to purchase MAXXIS from Discount, for my trailer. When I went to pick them up, the date codes said they were already 2 years old... no deal on that..

Check the date codes to be sure they are relatively new (no more the 6 months old).

Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: MAXXIS RACE TRAILER TIRES d or e - 06/15/10 09:20 PM

I replace my tires at 5 years MAX and I alway get EEEEEEeeeeeee's

Attached picture 6038800-MVC-001F.JPG
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: MAXXIS RACE TRAILER TIRES d or e - 06/15/10 11:48 PM

I always get more capacity than what I could "get by on", axles, tires, etc. It's an extra measure of insurance. It will last longer.
Posted By: MattW

Re: MAXXIS RACE TRAILER TIRES d or e - 06/16/10 04:54 PM

Quote:

I was going to purchase MAXXIS from Discount, for my trailer. When I went to pick them up, the date codes said they were already 2 years old... no deal on that..

Check the date codes to be sure they are relatively new (no more the 6 months old).

Alot of poeple don't know this. I believe it is four numbers First two the year and the last two the week it was made. Matt
© 2024 Moparts Forums