Moparts

E-85 or Race Fuel

Posted By: Fast Yeti

E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/11/10 10:23 PM

I am at a cross roads with regards to what fuel to run with my new motor.I am having a new bullet built and it is going to be a high compression combo, approx 14/1. This car will have limited street use and raced 1or 2 times a month. E-85 is available at a few stations here so it is an option. I am not looking for additional maintenance. I know some of you run E-85 and whats your experience? does it store it for any length of time? are the blends consistant or are you having to change jets often? Do you have to change oil more often? Or maybe just run VP 112.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 12:38 AM

Quote:

I am at a cross roads with regards to what fuel to run with my new motor.I am having a new bullet built and it is going to be a high compression combo, approx 14/1. This car will have limited street use and raced 1or 2 times a month. E-85 is available at a few stations here so it is an option. I am not looking for additional maintenance. I know some of you run E-85 and whats your experience? does it store it for any length of time? are the blends consistant or are you having to change jets often? Do you have to change oil more often? Or maybe just run VP 112.

It'll store just fine in a sealed steel drum(out of
sun light... once you get the jetting right it covers
a better range than jets in a gas set up... once
you get the SUMMER BLEND (E-85) it stays that way
till the fall rolls in then they start to drop the
blend down to about E-70 as the colder weather starts
so in the fall through the spring it could be anything
from E-85 down to about E-70... there are tester you
can buy cheap to check it.... you cant beat E-85
for a couple of reasons... cost... runs cooler...
makes 105 octane... will run with higher compressions.... mine is 14.1:1

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 01:08 AM

Thanks Mike. I currently have a Malory 250 fuel pump. What fuel pump would you reccomend? So would you say that outside of the periodic jet changes from summer blend to winter blend that ther is really no other maintenance?
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 01:16 AM

Quote:

It'll store just fine in a sealed steel drum(out of
sun light... once you get the jetting right it covers
a better range than jets in a gas set up... once
you get the SUMMER BLEND (E-85) it stays that way
till the fall rolls in then they start to drop the
blend down to about E-70 as the colder weather starts
so in the fall through the spring it could be anything
from E-85 down to about E-70... there are tester you
can buy cheap to check it.... you cant beat E-85
for a couple of reasons... cost... runs cooler...
makes 105 octane... will run with higher compressions.... mine is 14.1:1

I agree, 200%. I love E85.

I was running race alky (methanol) for a few months before E85. Some of the same precautions are a good idea. The last run of the day, get some heat in the motor. This might require leaning the mixture after racing, but that is good preventative precaution anyway.
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 01:21 AM

Who and where and how much for these e-85 testers??

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 01:24 AM

Quote:

Thanks Mike. I currently have a Malory 250 fuel pump. What fuel pump would you reccomend? So would you say that outside of the periodic jet changes from summer blend to winter blend that ther is really no other maintenance?

Tom there really isnt any more maintenance issues than
the regular gas stuff... except when you race it you
need to get the temps up to pull any moisture out of
the oil... remember that its a alcohol base fuel and
in any alcohol fuel it tries to absorb moisture...
on your pump you need to make sure that it can flow
30% more volume than it did over gas... the ethanol isnt
any where near as corrosive as methanol so the
standard pumps will handle the E-85 but you just
need the added volume

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 01:27 AM

Quote:

Who and where and how much for these e-85 testers??

Quick Fuels Tech sells them... they're cheap

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 02:06 AM

In your opinion, does E-85 make as much power as race fuel. this may sound like a dumb question but where can I get a steel drum to keep the E-85?
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 02:26 AM

I make more power on E85. Picked up .3 and 5 MPH with my combo which is a low compression 446.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 02:28 AM

Quote:

In your opinion, does E-85 make as much power as race fuel. this may sound like a dumb question but where can I get a steel drum to keep the E-85?

Well on my engine with JUST the carb (changed to E-85)
I went exactly the same ET 9.08 with both fuels...
I still havent added any timing which most engines
will want some added timing with the E-85... I expect
to add about 4* of timing... maybe more, I dont know
yet... in the end do I think it makes as much power
as gas... yes... maybe a little more due to a few factors...
and it can/does it at a MUCH CHEAPER price tag...
so its a WIN WIN
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 02:33 AM

Posted By: rck850

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 04:19 AM

This may be a dumb question. I have a mild 440 that runs real well on a mix of cam2 and 93 pump can I mix the 93 pump with the E-85 and get near the same results? Do I have to change anything other that the jets?

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 12:09 PM

E85 requires a different carb than gasoline. Just like methanol (race alky) needs a different carb than E85 or gas. Just jetting changes isn't recommended.
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 12:17 PM

Quote:

E85 requires a different carb than gasoline. Just like methanol (race alky) needs a different carb than E85 or gas. Just jetting changes isn't recommended.

I think what he was trying to ask is:
Can/could you mix E-85 with other fuels and get SOME improvement?
I.E. 3gal. 93oct. with 1gal E-85 go up 2 jets and basically have a 96ish octane blend. As an example
I`ve been wondering the same thing.Can you "blend" it just as you would race fuels?

Attached picture 6032836-6012309-dennyatMagnolia1.jpg

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 12:44 PM

You would be basically making your own fuel mixture of gasoline and ethanol. So the carburetor changes would be unknown. E85 isn't a replacement for race gas when mixing.

Remember, E85 (and ethanol) isn't a gasoline.
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 12:47 PM

I agree with Jim that E85 is no replacement for race fuel mixing. However you could mix up some E50 - E40 by adding 93 pump gas to the E85. This wouldnt require the big carb mods that true 85% would require.
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 12:58 PM

Quote:

I agree with Jim that E85 is no replacement for race fuel mixing. However you could mix up some E50 - E40 by adding 93 pump gas to the E85. This wouldnt require the big carb mods that true 85% would require.

So obviously it would be trial and error on the jetting.
BUT,,,, if you kept track of it like mixing 2-stroke gas it could work?
Also would one of those fueltesters be able to measure a lower blend, just like a nitro-car checks "the mix".
For someone like me with 6bbl.carbs. modifiying them for E-85 ain`t so simple.
Also I think quite a few guys just need some "insurance" to have a little more octane,but don`t need fullblown race gas or E-85.

Attached picture 6032878-08-08-08_1208.jpg

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 02:43 PM

Is the E85 something you could buy a drum of for the season,,,check the blend with a tester like Mike mentioned,,,get your jetting dialed in for that particular blend,,,and forget about it ?

Would if require messing with the jetting ALL the time,,,or just when you get a new "batch" of fuel .... and have to figure out what the blend is.........?
Posted By: cudadon

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 03:09 PM

I think what he was trying to ask is:
Can/could you mix E-85 with other fuels and get SOME improvement?
I.E. 3gal. 93oct. with 1gal E-85 go up 2 jets and basically have a 96ish octane blend. As an example
I`ve been wondering the same thing.Can you "blend" it just as you would race fuels?

I have read that LEADED fuels don't mix well with ethanol. That is something to keep in mind
You could try it and watch your results. I don't think you would hurt the engine if you are carefull.
Sounds like AJ is doing very well, and having good results with his mods! Don

Attached picture 6033040-cordova.jpg
Posted By: slippery440

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 03:18 PM

I switched to E85 and love it.Once you get the carb right you can leave it alone. Why some of you guys want to screw with mixing your own combanation of fuel is beyound me.To hit the right jetting and right air bleeds and keep the mix the same everytime would be hard. Go all the way or stay with gas and pay the 4 to 7 dollar a gallon mix fuel.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 03:31 PM

Quote:

I switched to E85 and love it.Once you get the carb right you can leave it alone. Why some of you guys want to screw with mixing your own combanation of fuel is beyound me.To hit the right jetting and right air bleeds and keep the mix the same everytime would be hard. Go all the way or stay with gas and pay the 4 to 7 dollar a gallon mix fuel.

... basically you would be down blending straight
E-85... remember E-85 starts out as E-100(not really,
its E-99 or its booze) and they add a small amount
of gas(15%).... it would take some high octane to
increase the currant level... and it would be more
costly than the straight E-85 and you still wouldnt
know what jetting and bleeds....... JMO
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 04:29 PM

My opinion on does e-85 make more power is it allows more timing and cools the intake charge which should = more power, as far as the potential of e-85 being more potent than gas idk.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 04:39 PM

Quote:

My opinion on does e-85 make more power is it allows more timing and cools the intake charge which should = more power, as far as the potential of e-85 being more potent than gas idk.

Well we know the E-85 has less BTUs than gas per
equal volumes... but yes the cooling has a couple
of factors that help(less prone to detonation so
you can add timing) and its 105 octane at a lesser
price tag
Posted By: Unslow1

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 04:57 PM

A bunch of us were discussing this over dinner at the HotRod Power Tour on Sunday. Some of the guys run E85 race series and some don't. I was wondering if you could run it without damage to a non-anodized Weiand 6-71. It's a gas blower unstripped. Is an alcohol blower required?
Posted By: rck850

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 05:12 PM

Well if mixing isn't easy what can I do to just run the car on E-85? The only thing is there is only one station within 40miles that sells E-85 so I either need to fill a 55 gallon drum or be very careful how far I drive.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 05:13 PM

Quote:

A bunch of us were discussing this over dinner at the HotRod Power Tour on Sunday. Some of the guys run E85 race series and some don't. I was wondering if you could run it without damage to a non-anodized Weiand 6-71. It's a gas blower unstripped. Is an alcohol blower required?

Being that its not corrosive like methanol I would say
you should be able to... I have a 6-71 blower engine
here but I havent run it on E-85 yet... but it would
still require the normal change over to E-85 in the
carbs

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 06:01 PM

Quote:

Well if mixing isn't easy what can I do to just run the car on E-85? The only thing is there is only one station within 40miles that sells E-85 so I either need to fill a 55 gallon drum or be very careful how far I drive.

Don't do it. There is no E85 stations here ether but I choose to buy barrels of E98 and mix my own.Once that is gone I will buy E85 from a station 45 miles away by the barrel.But I only use mabe 10 to 15 gals. a week.If I had a street car NO WAY would I consider E85 without a station close by.But if you are a hard head and you like to buck the normal E85 will give you more performance and runs cooler and you can run alot more compression on the street.
Posted By: racerx

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 06:44 PM

This e-85 thing sounds very impressive I don't have any helpful info but I'm learning allot about this e-85 fuel Thaxxx and keep em coming

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 06:59 PM

By the way welcome to the jungle... Unslow1
Posted By: Unslow1

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 08:49 PM

Thanks!

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 11:24 PM

Has anyone used the Rocket brand e85? I heard it is higher octane 110 vs 105 for pump e85. Is the cost of the Rocket brand e85 worth it over the pump stuff? How much compression can you take a NA motor to with the pump e85?
Posted By: v8punch

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 11:42 PM

Let me know one thing, is it possible to find E100 on usa?
if the answer is yes, why not rum e100? the only reason to use gasoline on ethanol is cold start...

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 11:43 PM

I have heard of guys running 14 to 1.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 11:50 PM

Quote:

Let me know one thing, is it possible to find E100 on usa?
if the answer is yes, why not rum e100? the only reason to use gasoline on ethanol is cold start...

E-100 is booze... fuel companies CANT sell E100 or
they would have to be taxed for selling booze...
E98 is the normal spec for so called straight E-100

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/12/10 11:54 PM

Quote:

Has anyone used the Rocket brand e85? I heard it is higher octane 110 vs 105 for pump e85. Is the cost of the Rocket brand e85 worth it over the pump stuff? How much compression can you take a NA motor to with the pump e85?

Tom I'll bet that the 110 is E-98... I've never run
Rocket brand... I buy my fuel at Meijer

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 12:01 AM

ok, why not run e98?

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 12:11 AM

Quote:

ok, why not run e98?

You can if you want... I switched to E-85 for convenience
and price... I can buy the fuel a couple of miles
from my house for 2.30 a gal... if I want E-98 I
have to drive about 40 miles one way for a much higher
price tag... same place for race fuel

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 12:20 AM

ok, i ask that cause we have E100 on all gas station here, i never saw in usa... we have regular cars in Brazil that use ethanol or gasoline (flex fuel) with 13:1 compression ratio.
I`ll use ethanol on my race car and it`s necessary to cleam carburator with gasoline to prevent corrosion. My quick fuel carb don`t like ethanol inside for long time.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 12:25 AM

Quote:

ok, i ask that cause we have E100 on all gas station here, i never saw in usa... we have regular cars in Brazil that use ethanol or gasoline (flex fuel) with 13:1 compression ratio.
I`ll use ethanol on my race car and it`s necessary to cleam carburator with gasoline to prevent corrosion. My quick fuel carb don`t like ethanol inside for long time.

We dont have any problems with corrosion with E-85,
I leave it in my QF 1050 over the winter

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 12:28 AM

Thanks Mike. Can you leave e85 in your fuel cell and lines for extended periods of time or does it attract water? Are you refilling an old race fuel can to store the e85?

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 12:41 AM

Quote:

Thanks Mike. Can you leave e85 in your fuel cell and lines for extended periods of time or does it attract water? Are you refilling an old race fuel can to store the e85?

I leave it in the system all winter... I have a 30 gal
steel fuel drum that I store my fuel in(its sealed
when not in use... when I want fuel I have a hand pump
I screw into the drum... get what I want(usually 5
gals) then screw the bungs back in so its air tight
The fuel that I leave in the system I think keeps
my gaskets from shrinking(at least it has so far)
I fire it up in the spring with that fuel and get
it all warmed up real good then drain the little bit
thats left and then open my filters and check and
clean if needed(my pre pump filters) and check the
after pump filter... then fill with fresh fuel(still
left over from the previous summer in my fuel drum)

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 01:23 AM

Thanks Mike!
Posted By: MRMOPAR

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 03:07 AM

Any cooling system changes needed? Can you go to a smaller radiator ie like running straight methanol?

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 04:02 AM

Quote:

Any cooling system changes needed? Can you go to a smaller radiator ie like running straight methanol?

I didnt... I keep the whole cooling system the same,
I just leave the fan and pump off a little longer then
turn on the pump and wait till the temp is up to 160
for the burnout... after the burnout I turn the fan on
for the pass... at the end of the pass I'm at 180
Posted By: Kam*Kuda

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 04:07 AM

Can't wait for some E85 in Ontario Sounds like the sweet ticket.

I wonder if I can run 10:1 compression with a procharger and E85??

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 04:36 AM

Quote:

Can't wait for some E85 in Ontario Sounds like the sweet ticket.

I wonder if I can run 10:1 compression with a procharger and E85??

I would think thats still to much... even for E-85
but if you feel like trying... go for it but make
sure you can detect detonation and quickly

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 02:57 PM

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 03:00 PM

I have heard that the fuel ethanol that is sold in Brazil is not dehydrated (water removed). In the United States, the ethanol is dried, so that they can put gasoline in solution. Once you reach a certain level of water in solution, gasoline will separate. And the water in the ethanol can create higher corrosive conditions.

I don't know how accurate that information is, just heard it.

What does fuel ethanol sell for in Brazil?
I will have to convert the currancy.
In the U.S. E85 is about $2.30/gallon, and finding a supplier of high percentage fuel ethanol (E98) is not easy and I am not aware of any within 100 miles of me.

http://www.x-rates.com/calculator.html
And 3.7854 liters per US gallon

Attached picture 6034616-Currancy.jpg

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 03:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I didnt... I keep the whole cooling system the same,
I just leave the fan and pump off a little longer then
turn on the pump and wait till the temp is up to 160
for the burnout... after the burnout I turn the fan on
for the pass... at the end of the pass I'm at 180

I don't run the cooling fan on my race car going down the track. In fact, I don't use the fan much at all! I actually lean the mixture with the fan off to put heat in the motor, I like to stage at 170F. I could use a smaller radiator, but this works for me.

My experience running race gas, E85 and methanol is that E85 cools more than gas, but not as much as methanol. That makes sense since you are not burning as much E85 as methanol, which evaporates and cools the motor in the intake ports.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 03:35 PM

Jim, I will have an aluminum block. Do you think that will make it more difficult to get and keep heat in the motor with e85 or e98?

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 04:16 PM

I have never run an aluminum block, so I don't know.
Posted By: WBR

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 04:23 PM

Donīt mean to hi jack but... Iīm converting my sb 360 to E-85 and bought the quick fuel conversion metering blocks for my holley 750vac. javascript:void(0)Didnīt work out very well probably due to the lack of changeable airbleeds. Can i get it to work with a pro form main body and for a starting point jet it like a QF carb. Iīd also really want to make it a double pumper. What would it require Besides the main body?
Posted By: cbarracuda

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 06:07 PM

A good gas mix is about 12.5 to 1 with air. What would be a good mix of e.85 and air?
Posted By: MRMOPAR

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 07:22 PM

Quote:

on your pump you need to make sure that it can flow 30% more volume than it did over gas...

How about... what fuel pumps are you E85 guys running, rather than 30% more. That number is not really instructive to a lot of readers.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 07:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

on your pump you need to make sure that it can flow 30% more volume than it did over gas...

How about... what fuel pumps are you E85 guys running, rather than 30% more. That number is not really instructive to a lot of readers.

I have a Pro Comp 140 thats fine.You only need 6 to 7 pounds of fuel pressure.E85 is lighter than reg.gas so it flows easier. If you are using AF readings they are the same as gas.Lambda readings 8.7 idle and 7.6 WOT.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/13/10 08:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I run a pair of Holley black 150s... will depend
on how many revs or how big of a carb... I know
that my pair of 150s is more than enough... I run
a QF 1050 dom for E-85
Posted By: QWK_ENUF

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/14/10 11:16 PM

2 holley blues in my car (10.0's)

1 holley blue on my dads car (11.0's)

both set at 6 psi
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/15/10 07:22 AM

For the most part - I like the prospects of E-85 and am considering using it for my current EFI project. HOWEVER keep in mind, NHRA considers E-85 as "alcohol". If running alcohol faster than 9.99 with a supercharger or turbo, a 3.2A/15 firesuit is required instead of a 3.2A/5 suit for race fuel in the same car.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/15/10 12:43 PM

Quote:

For the most part - I like the prospects of E-85 and am considering using it for my current EFI project. HOWEVER keep in mind, NHRA considers E-85 as "alcohol". If running alcohol faster than 9.99 with a supercharger or turbo, a 3.2A/15 firesuit is required instead of a 3.2A/5 suit for race fuel in the same car.

Scott, what about NA combos?
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/15/10 03:04 PM

When running 2 fuel pumps, like 2 Holley black pumps, do you connect them in series (on one line) or have them each on their own dedicated fuel line?
Posted By: dragram440

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/15/10 03:11 PM

My friend is running E-85 out of the pump in his low 9 sec twin turbo small block chev and just keeps bugging me to change to E-85. We have no race gas withing 100 miles and E-85 within 30 miles and it has a much better price tag. I have seen a couple cars run real crappy with there carbs converted to E-85 by a local person. Anyone use CSU for carb conversion? I run a pro comp 140 pump,this prob isnt going to cut it is it?
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/15/10 04:40 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Scott, what about NA combos?

N/A you are good with race fuel, E-85, or alcohol, to down to 7.50 with a 3.2A/5 suit, 3.3/1 gloves, and 3.3 neck collar. Don't even need shoes (assuming a .024 steel firewall and in a door car).

And I would suggest an "SA" rated helmet rather than a "M", as the SA has a fire retardant liner.

Scott

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/15/10 05:06 PM

Quote:

When running 2 fuel pumps, like 2 Holley black pumps, do you connect them in series (on one line) or have them each on their own dedicated fuel line?

I have 2 ports coming out of the fuel cell 1 going to
each pump then out of the pumps to a Y then forward
to the front with a #10 braided line
Posted By: nhramark

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/15/10 06:40 PM

Quote:

I have 2 ports coming out of the fuel cell 1 going to
each pump then out of the pumps to a Y then forward
to the front with a #10 braided line

Long ago I ran 2 Holley pumps, 1 to each fuel bowl. Seemed like a good idea till the pump feeding the front bowl expired after a burnout and I couldn't even keep it running long enough to stage the car.

Definitely run them into a Y.
Posted By: street_dart

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/16/10 12:00 AM

My motor made 780Hp on E-85 and 840Hp on VP109 unleded. Same dyno same day.

My friends cebby BB made 120 more Hp on VP109 compered to E-85.

This was with Garry Williams e-85 carbs and ordinary Holley Dominator gas carbs.

Do i need to say that i run VP109?

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/16/10 12:06 AM

Quote:

This was with Garry Williams e-85 carbs and ordinary Holley Dominator gas carbs.

Lots of things could have caused this result, but I am thinking those Garry Williams carbs are junk, not setup right for E85, IMO.
Posted By: street_dart

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/16/10 12:21 AM

The AFR(gas scale) was tested upp and down. I dont have any numbers here but i think it made the best @12.somthing on my motor and 34spark adv.

Some guys over here runing turbo motors now konverting from e-85 to race gas. They say that e-85 make more power than pump gas and that race gas make more power tan e-85.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/16/10 12:08 PM

You guys in Sweden don't know how to make MOONSHINE right!! You really need to get some made in the USA from the southern states.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/16/10 01:46 PM

Braziliam ethanol (C2H6O) has 3.7% of water on it. It's corrosive...
It cost like u$2.2 to u$2.6/gallon, but 1/2 are duties

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/17/10 01:27 AM

Quote:

Braziliam ethanol (C2H6O) has 3.7% of water on it. It's corrosive...
It cost like u$2.2 to u$2.6/gallon, but 1/2 are duties

Thanks for the info.
If I understand it right, at 1.80 Brazilian Real per US Dollar, you pay about 4.00 Brazilian Real per gallon. And is that US gallons or Imperial gallons? As I recall, 1 Imperial gallon is 1.2 US gallons.

Yes, fuel taxes in the US are pretty low compared to many countries, except oil producer countries which sell gasoline to their citizens at less than production cost (govt subsidized by oil export sales).

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/20/10 03:42 PM

Is it possible to purchase this e-85 fuel in 55-gal. drums from distributers? If so who sells it? Thaxx.

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/20/10 04:40 PM

This race fuel provider makes their own "race" blend of E-85, but it is much more expensive then the pump blend sold at gas stations.

http://www.rockettbrand.com/index.html

Check out the natiowide stations carrying E-85 at the pump so far (and growing).

http://www.e85refueling.com/
http://e85prices.com/

Re: E-85 or Race Fuel - 06/20/10 08:26 PM

Quote:

This race fuel provider makes their own "race" blend of E-85, but it is much more expensive then the pump blend sold at gas stations.

http://www.rockettbrand.com/index.html

Check out the natiowide stations carrying E-85 at the pump so far (and growing).

http://www.e85refueling.com/
http://e85prices.com/

Cool Thaxxx 4 the link.
© 2024 Moparts Forums