Moparts

Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP

Posted By: QuickDart 502

Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 06:57 AM

Man I just got back from the race today and man was it scortching hot the past two days. Congratulations to Joe for making the Pinks all out 32 car field. There were actually two 32 car fields picked for the event. A low 11 second class and a low 10 second class. The low 10 second of 32 cars were seperated by .12 seconds and the low 11 second of 32 cars were seperated by .18 seconds, so what they did was run off both 32 car fields and which ever group of the 16 car fields were the closest the other group went home. Well the 11 second guys pulled it out and got to run for the money. Joe made it to the 16 which was awesome and he had the quickest car in his first of the 16 pairing, well Joe was on his game and nailed the guy on the arm drop and had him covered by a car length but when he shifted to high gear the car started popping and sputtering and his apponent drove around him man I couldnt believe it. It sounded like an ignition problem. man what a time for that to happen. For the heat of the weekend Joes car put him right were he needed to be. Again congrats Joe for a job well done. I was rooten for ya.

Attached picture 6023130-091709_1647[00].jpg
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 01:10 PM

Posted By: BobK

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 01:26 PM

Posted By: gtsdon

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 02:01 PM

Great job racing your way into the field! Sorry to hear about your problems during eliminations. I was pulling for ya man!
Posted By: Kindafast

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 02:19 PM

Thanks Guy's I really felt like I had a win in my old a$$ this weekend. The car had been running deadly consistant and this old fart was doing his job too. I had the race car Chevelle covered from the arm drop to about 1000' and then the ignition went crazy it sounded like a rev limiter was kicking in or something. Oh well I sure could have used the money but the experience was priceless. That is one story all my buds will have to hear for a long time.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 05:02 PM

Congrats on making it to the final 16 Joe

Even though you had a gremlin I hope you had a fun weekend
Posted By: 9 Sec Phill

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 05:20 PM

Way to go old guy!
I made it to the 16 at Maple grove in 07 with the old cuda. Sorry to hear about your problems but im sure you will get it taken care of...How did the new motor do? any new best?....Phill

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 05:31 PM

Thanks, Phill and everyone who has posted. No new best this past weekend ., but it did run good. The field was off 2 to 3 tenths due to the humidity and heat. everyone I was paired with normally ran 10.80s or better and I was the fasted car in the field.
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 06:12 PM

We we're pulling for ya all the way down.. then when it popped and you fell off , i was hoping another Moparts member hadn't suffered our fate ( either we blew the motor or the trans Friday night in the last session ) Congrats on a great weekend you looked awesome all day !@!@!@

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 06:38 PM

Quote:

We we're pulling for ya all the way down.. then when it popped and you fell off , i was hoping another Moparts member hadn't suffered our fate ( either we blew the motor or the trans Friday night in the last session ) Congrats on a great weekend you looked awesome all day !@!@!@

Man that stinks about your car. I hope it's not too bad and you can get it back together soon.
Posted By: hemiparts

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 06:57 PM

it acted funny off the starting line so about 60 ft i pulled 2nd and thats when it really started so i pulled over and coasted down to the first turn off. The way it wobbled around at first i thought I had blown a rear tire then they said it oiled the track ( odd cause there's no fluid under the car and all the fluids are where they should be ) so i tried to re crank it to get back to the pits and it's locked solid. can put tranz in neutral and roll so who knows
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 11:02 PM

So who won????????????

Attached picture 6023941-PINKSMAPLEGROVE240.JPG
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/06/10 11:09 PM

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 11:25 PM

Quote:

So who won????????????

I think a young guy in a camaro. I didn't watch the rest after all of the mopars went away.
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/06/10 11:51 PM

CONGRATS!!
Posted By: chris3

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/07/10 01:48 AM

Congrats Joe. Car looked really good and thought you had a shot until I heard the ignition problems. Fred I saw Ed on Saturday Morning for the pro tree run he ran good just not a tight enough group of cars. This time they had cars in the 10.50's range and 11.50's range. They selected 32 cars in each group and someone correct me if I have the numbers wrong but the 10's were like .06 top to bottom and the 11's were like .08 top to bottom. They gave the drivers 15 minutes to get their car in the staging lanes. They ran each group and the group which were the closest after that run was in the final 32. A pretty unique way to select considering 98 degrees 86% humidity and a track temperature of 150 degrees. Lots of nice MOPARS were there and put on a good show. The week-end was good even with the damaged car. Hemiparts and I set it on kill and pushed it on Friday night trying to meet our time and if you are running "All Out" in a steam bath we broke and could not make the call on Saturday morning.

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/07/10 01:48 AM

Quote:

any news on Ed Miller and his orange 65 plymouth

Ed was there in his 65 but didnt make the show. I see he has it up for sale.

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/07/10 01:51 AM

Quote:

Quote:

So who won????????????

I think a young guy in a camaro. I didn't watch the rest after all of the mopars went away.

Yes it was a guy in a green 74 camaro I believe. He was from Chesterfield, Va.

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/07/10 01:59 AM

http://www.facebook.com/n/?video%2Fvideo...rt502%40cox.net Joe here is my run were I red lighted footbraking on a 400 pro tree by -.001
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/07/10 02:33 PM

Cool!! Making the feild isn't easy!! When will that episode air?

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/07/10 03:07 PM

Hey Ted, They said it will be aired at the end of aug or the first of sept. Hopefully I don't look like a darn fool on tv.

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/07/10 03:09 PM

Looking forward to it!! I hope one of us Moparts guys makes the feild at Route 66!!

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/07/10 03:28 PM

Man I sure hope you do. It is a great feeling just to be part of it. But the money would be nice also.

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/08/10 02:40 AM

Hey Joe have you found out what exactly the problem was yet? What abbout the oil pressure, did you cut open the oil filter yet.

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/08/10 08:42 PM

Hey Ron, I did cut open the filter and found a little metallic in it. The oil has only been changed three times since new and I run the mess out of this past weekend. I put a new filter on it and it seems to be running great with the same oil pressure it had prior to running it hard. The ignition problem I still have to figure out. The darn thing is running great now. It's hard to fix it when you don't know whats broke.
Posted By: SmokeyBurnout 67

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/08/10 10:07 PM

AWESOME CONGRATS!!!!!! I am in PINKS ALL OUT in Norwalk in August, so you are saying there is hope for us low 11 sec high ten second cars! YAY! Congrats and hope it was fun!

Kara

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/08/10 10:15 PM

Quote:

AWESOME CONGRATS!!!!!! I am in PINKS ALL OUT in Norwalk in August, so you are saying there is hope for us low 11 sec high ten second cars! YAY! Congrats and hope it was fun!

Kara

Oh yea there is a chance. . The field we were in was closer than the low 10 cars , and the final decision on which cars to run were with the spectators. They all seemed to want us 11.0 cars. I hope it's not as hot on you guy's as it was here. Good luck you will have a blast.
Posted By: chris3

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/09/10 01:06 AM

Any body got pictures? We went to Pinks All Out in Virgina and Friday night the number 2 connecting rod went "all out" through the oil pan. It was hot but the racing was hot also. Looking forward to Bristol.

Attached picture 6027225-PinksVA(a)size.jpg
Posted By: JACKSON

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/09/10 01:57 AM

i was there in the thick of it at maple grove pinks. once in a lifetime experience.SUPERSTOCKRACER got into the final 2 at 12:45 AM.
wrenching all day for SSR while he cooked and drank SSR into the poorhouse at night. all in all, had a great time.

Attached picture 6027323-5987399-MapleGrove-0510-6569x.jpg

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/09/10 02:00 AM

Sure wish he had won...
Posted By: 77DragracerR/T

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/09/10 02:00 AM

Congrats Joe! Things are going your way this year for the most part. Hope you get the problem figured out.We don't get "PINKS" up here but we do have Arm Drop Live so I'm hoping to get this Aspen noticed at our event in July,in a good way that is

Brad
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/09/10 02:43 AM

Nice job......sorry about the issues though.......

Re: Congrats to Joe (KINDAFAST) Pinks All Out @ VMP - 06/09/10 10:53 AM

Thanks again everybody, I still don't know what happened with the ignition . It has never done that wierd stuff before. I was pretty pissed at the car to begin with, but I would rather the car screw up than me. Now I can at least say I did my job. I felt prety sure that race was mine. I was already counting the money.
© 2024 Moparts Forums