Moparts

looking for Detroit area shop for 4 link or custom rear

Posted By: 71340vert

looking for Detroit area shop for 4 link or custom rear - 06/01/10 04:02 PM

I'm looking for a shop that might be able to help me with my project. I'm putting a new challenger drivetrain into my 70 challenger and would like to use a new challenger rear craddle, and suspension in my Ebody.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: looking for Detroit area shop for 4 link or custom rear - 06/01/10 04:10 PM

Are you going to drag race the car?

Unless you never want to drag race....you really don't want a stock LC cradle nor would you want a stock LC rear suspension.

What is the intended use?

Re: looking for Detroit area shop for 4 link or custom rear - 06/02/10 01:55 AM

I don't intend to race the car, I just plan to use it as a daily driver in nice weather. I just thought it would be cool to have and figured the new tecnology would be better than the old. I can get the whole assembly cheap. What would the disadvantages be? I figured it would make for nice handlling since it's in the new challnger
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: looking for Detroit area shop for 4 link or custom rear - 06/02/10 11:52 AM

I'm pretty sure you can buy a "bolt-in" kit from RMS Bill Reilly at BBDart. It uses the triangulated 4-link.
Posted By: DetMatt

Re: looking for Detroit area shop for 4 link or custom rear - 06/02/10 11:57 AM

Quote:

I'm looking for a shop that might be able to help me with my project. I'm putting a new challenger drivetrain into my 70 challenger and would like to use a new challenger rear craddle, and suspension in my Ebody.

Unlawful Racing, Advanced Suspension Systems!!!!!
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: looking for Detroit area shop for 4 link or custom rear - 06/02/10 01:31 PM

It's main characteristic is excellent handling, combined with horrendous wheel hop on a hard launch.

Re: looking for Detroit area shop for 4 link or custom rear - 06/05/10 07:03 PM

not interested in any anybody elses rears or products, they are way more expensive. I got an an unbeliveable deal on this and want to keep with the theme of my car using as many pieces from the new challenger and fitting them to my old challenger. I'm just looking for a company that has the ability to install this for me if I'm not able to do so myself
© 2024 Moparts Forums