Moparts

Transmission Issues- **FIXED**

Posted By: moparniac

Transmission Issues- **FIXED** - 05/30/10 04:25 PM

well it seems I can roll the car around in park tried asjusting the cable and no help either!!!! even without the cable attached and I move the lever by hand to Park I can still roll the car and here the clicking

thoughts
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/30/10 04:51 PM

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 05:01 PM

when I slightly push the car it fells locked but a little more pressure it just seems to come out and then start making the clicking sound!

A local shop built it ......
Posted By: dOc !

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 05:07 PM

what year trans?

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 05:13 PM

Quote:

what year trans?

no idea on that one.... how do you check? or numbers at to check... thx

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 05:32 PM

Push button trans ? ...two cables? ...or is this a single cable aftermarket shifter .... like B&M ? ...with a lever off the drivers side of the trans itself.

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 05:40 PM

B&M pro ratchet with single cable........ even without the cable installed and its moved the whole way into park it still jumps out and clicks...
Posted By: StripeHOG

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 05:42 PM

are you using the same hard part's as before or is this a new tranny??

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 06:04 PM

tranny was just rebuilt and has not been used yet.
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 06:08 PM

It might be a easy fix. The pan will need to come off of coarse. Then take a look at things. The valve body might need to be pulled and with this will out come the parking rod. You will see then how it works.

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 06:12 PM

Sounds like the park-rod is messed-up.
Posted By: DodgeCharger

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 08:42 PM

It sounds like the park rod is damaged or in wrong. I had this happen once when I installed a new valve body. I fortunately tested the park before installing the pan.
I would pull the valve body and reinstall then put the shifter in park and try and turn the wheels on jack stands before even installing the pan.
Posted By: turbocolt2.4L

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 11:39 PM

there are two style parking gears one has wider /deeper notches than the other i ran into this one time putting some parts i bought from a vender on this site but after i spoke to them they sent out the rite part see if shop changed the parking gear.

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/30/10 11:45 PM

the VB just kinda fell out meaning the rod going into the tranny did....... i cant get it up past the slot door and im thinking the end piece circled is on backwards why it wont go in?

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 12:28 AM

well after some research that end peice is on right. seems it was never engaged and is a pain in the xxx to get in there. any tips

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 12:29 AM

Did you try turning the wheels and then try again to reinsert.

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 12:31 AM

It doesn't look backwords but I'm not an expert

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 12:31 AM

Quote:

Did you try turning the wheels and then try again to reinsert.

yea no luck

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 12:32 AM

i can reach up inside the tranny and slide it over with my finger but pushing the rod up there dont work!
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 12:52 AM

there are two length rod's one for 904's (short) and one for 727's (long) is that the same VB that was in the trans before the rebuild? the rod will fit but sometime's they can be a pain, I always put a dab of grease on the end that slip's into the parking pawl, I have even had to take the extention housing off, installed the VB and then reinstalled the housing to get it to go together.

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 01:54 AM

when in park I can look up in there with a small round mirror and see its not the whole way in there past the paw... what are the lengths of the short and long rod? new valve body.

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 01:56 AM

just googled and the 904 is 8" and the 727 is 8 3/16 . gonna run out and measure

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 02:10 AM

its the long one when its in park how can I see the end not fully engaged if its the right length one

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 03:30 AM

well i got it in. however even with the car in park (and i looked up in there to see if it was in and it was)you can still turn the rear tire and it wont hold and make that dumb clicking sound

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 12:10 PM

Quote:

well i got it in. however even with the car in park (and i looked up in there to see if it was in and it was)you can still turn the rear tire and it wont hold and make that dumb clicking sound

any other thoughts ?
Posted By: bonefish

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 01:00 PM

too bad you dont have another arm to compare it to ,it doesnt take much of a bend for them to do exactly what yours is doing.

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 01:25 PM

well i went out and tested it again! with the little round mirror I can see the rod ball end is clearly in past the paw. go ever and rotate the tire and its locked. a little bit of force and then the clicking sound again! went back and looked up in there and you can see the rod ball end has come out of the paw ... what is causing this
Posted By: 408Dust

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 02:57 PM

Remove some of the bend out of the parking paw rod so it engages it more.I have seen the rod get tweaked by RR the valve body so many times.

Attached picture 6012117-SGMP001.jpg

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 03:04 PM

I'll try that...

Re: Transmission Issues - 05/31/10 04:32 PM

Well I bent the rod like 408dust said and that fixed it! I turned the wheel with all my might and couldnt turn it

moparts is a GREAT plase sometimes
Posted By: 408Dust

Re: Transmission Issues - 06/01/10 02:48 AM

Posted By: ProSport

Re: Transmission Issues - 06/01/10 03:29 AM

© 2024 Moparts Forums