Moparts

8.75 Snubber

Posted By: flatiron

8.75 Snubber - 05/27/10 02:04 PM

On a 72 Dart automatic strictly strip. Where should I have the Snubber? Distance to floor boards
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: 8.75 Snubber - 05/27/10 02:17 PM

A snubber is a band aid for wear or shot springs
Posted By: flatiron

Re: 8.75 Snubber - 05/27/10 02:24 PM

I won't diagree with you about that as my springs are old. But I just built my first motor and the wallet is pretty empty at this time. I do have a set of Caltracs just need to save alittle more for the rest of the setup
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: 8.75 Snubber - 05/27/10 02:28 PM

Quote:

I won't diagree with you about that as my springs are old. But I just built my first motor and the wallet is pretty empty at this time. I do have a set of Caltracs just need to save alittle more for the rest of the setup

Put the Caltracs on with your springs... would be a
better way to go... JMO or if you want the snubber
and its a race car put it so it touches, that way it
lifts from the get go
EDIT
either way your going to need good shocks or its
all a waste.... it'll lift too fast
Posted By: Crizila

Re: 8.75 Snubber - 05/27/10 02:52 PM

Quote:

On a 72 Dart automatic strictly strip. Where should I have the Snubber? Distance to floor boards

I run mine just touching. Welded a plate to the floor and cut the rubber snubber in half so it contacts the plate flat to flat. I run it with 3800 pound springs ( heavy B body automatic car ) with the front halfs clamped together. 50/50 shocks. I have no launch problems with my set up( 11.70 car ).
Posted By: BeEtLeJuIcE !

Re: 8.75 Snubber - 05/27/10 05:14 PM

ANOTHER snubber topic ? ..

HECK .... a set of TRACTION BARS are BESTer than a snubber.

Mr P ... said it ... NOTHING but a band-aid ....and NOT a very good one at that
Posted By: Crizila

Re: 8.75 Snubber - 05/27/10 06:24 PM

Quote:

ANOTHER snubber topic ? ..

HECK .... a set of TRACTION BARS are BESTer than a snubber.

Mr P ... said it ... NOTHING but a band-aid ....and NOT a very good one at that

Just trying to answer his original question. Not necessarily a proponent of pinion snubbers - Cal-tracs, 4 links, ladder bars, slapper bars, or ewectwic gitars!
Posted By: BeEtLeJuIcE !

Re: 8.75 Snubber - 05/27/10 06:29 PM

THERE you go ... Criz....

A gitar strapped to the springs would work BESTer !!

But SERIOUSLY .... just get a GOOD set 'o springs ...and be done-with-it !!
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: 8.75 Snubber - 05/27/10 07:05 PM

Quote:

Where should I have the Snubber?

Put it in the garbadge can IMO. LOL Just saying what worked for me and many others for years.
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: 8.75 Snubber - 05/27/10 10:00 PM

Mike, those S/S springs might have had 150 passes on them since they were installed. Since the car never went quicker than 13.74, I cannot see them being old or worn out.

Also, I had the snubber set about an 1 1/2" from the floor and since the car was set to rise at launch, it should have never touched it.

Then again, I don't know what all you have changed.
Posted By: The Shocker

Re: 8.75 Snubber - 05/27/10 11:24 PM

If your straped for cash or just dont want ot go with the flow ,get a set of Comp type slapper bars.I know ,i know, forget what you have heard about how they dont work on Mopars.Im getting low to mid 1.5 60 foots on 8 inch slicks with a $35.00 set of Foxcraft bars that i got off of Craiglist here local.If you choose this route make sure you get a real comp set with the sping plates made to them and not the cheapo ones that just clamp to the springs ,because they dont work .The key is to get the snubbers right under the spring eyes and have them preloaded a tad with you in the car.Im using a transbrake at 3500 rpm and it dead hooks every time with no wheel hop on the tiny slicks with wore out 6 cylinder stock springs .I was only getting mid 1.6 60 foots without them.I have no doubt that my setup will hold a 1.4 60 foot as im almost there .My car lifts front and back when i drop the button and seems to work better the harder i hit it.I dont like pinion snubbers either BTW ...

Attached picture 6006579-000_0003.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums