Moparts

Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20

Posted By: B G Racing

Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 05/27/10 01:21 PM

I would like to remind and invite everyone to the CC/Curt race June 18,19 and 20 at PRP.We are planning an interesting program.Come on out and enjoy some great SW Pa.hospitality and some of the best"all Mopar" racing and racers.
Posted By: ajcasini

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/27/10 01:25 PM

This is one of the best races to attend. I always enjoy it. It is one big Happy Family. Thanks to BGR and all those who support the race to honor a racing great Curt.
Posted By: Steve1118

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/27/10 01:30 PM

Ronnie, Kyle and myself will all drift down from the mountain.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/27/10 01:40 PM

Good Luck with it Bob... I cant be there.... hopeing
for good weather for you guys
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/27/10 01:41 PM

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/27/10 01:47 PM

Quote:

A SUPER EVENT well worth the ride from NJ.
excellent racing and the best group of racer's you'll ever find. Right in the heart of farm country

I have my trailer packed,rooms booked and made dinner reservations at Clem's BarBque. [/quot

Sorry Fred,this year the "hog pen and barn" will be "locked and guarded by Maximus"We will take you to the "Cheese House" for some "Goat Cheese" See you soon!
Posted By: sixpackbee

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/27/10 01:50 PM

The Wellsville crew will be there. Might even bring the Stocker down.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/27/10 01:54 PM

You guys sure have some quality races out that way!! That has to be on my bucket list!! Good luck to all!!

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/27/10 02:14 PM

Posted By: Butch

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/27/10 06:41 PM

Where in the world do you find these pictures Fred?
Posted By: biff426

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/27/10 07:09 PM

Can you stay at the track in a motorhome?
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/27/10 07:46 PM

Quote:

Can you stay at the track in a motorhome?

From my understanding you can stay at the track at
ALL of the CC Events... have in the past

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/27/10 08:58 PM

Posted By: Wv68charger

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/27/10 09:42 PM

This is the one race I won't miss this year!

Fred you kill me just spit tea all over the table!
Posted By: SmokeyBurnout 67

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/27/10 10:07 PM

Hey Bob,

OF COURSE the BOWMAN Crew will ALL be there! Looking forward to a great time with awesome people and burning rubber. We strongly support the CCEVENTS and the CurtGeorgeMemorial Race at our hometown PRP. Thank you for bring this event series to the Burgh. Can't wait to see some surprises you and the Blankenships have up your sleeves for the racers!

See you all soon!!!!!!

Kara Jo Bowman

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/27/10 10:11 PM

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 12:36 AM

Quote:

Hey Bob,

OF COURSE the BOWMAN Crew will ALL be there! Looking forward to a great time with awesome people and burning rubber. We strongly support the CCEVENTS and the CurtGeorgeMemorial Race at our hometown PRP. Thank you for bring this event series to the Burgh. Can't wait to see some surprises you and the Blankenships have up your sleeves for the racers

See you all soon!!!!!!

Kara Jo Bowman

Kara Jo,thanks for all the support,especially at the CC/Curt Race.It's great to see the Bowman family carry on the tradition of family racing.We are planning a "special event" for Mopar family racers at PRP this year.We also want to thank Bowman Performance for their sponsership of the CC Pro class.There are so many racing families that attend the CCs that it feels like a big family reunion at all the CC events. to all Mopar racing families.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 12:46 AM

Once again this year I am going to head east to PRP for a weekend of fun and racin', I have never done very good there but I keep trying.
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 12:51 AM

I'll be there doing my best to support the memory of Curt, by having fun and enjoying time with friends and extended family. Can't wait for the time to pass. Have always seemed to race well at Pittsburgh too.

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 01:04 AM

Casey and I had a great time last year and can't wait till time to head your way Bob. Also looking forward to seeing Fred as well. BGR and PRP really put on a great event. Breakfeast again Friday Mr. George?
poppaj

Attached File
6006731-ww3.bmp  (91 downloads)
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 01:09 AM

is this an actual bracket race? can you TNT there... thx
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 01:17 AM

Bob, We can not wait to come out for the Curt Memerial at PRP. The cars normally run really well there. Girls normally cut their best lights at PRP. Hopefully we will have a different pair of heads on the Dart they are at the Fast Racing machine shop now. Mike said he will have them done for the CC EVENT PRP. Our sponsor's decals shoud be on both cars then too. Ron & Debi
Posted By: b1headman

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 01:41 AM

With luck we should be there with the lake erie monster.Fred i will bring some of the jungle juice just for you and BG
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 02:10 AM

I might just have to come up for this one, if I can get that lazy auto mech to get off his butt and finish this car
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 02:26 AM

Quote:

Where in the world do you find these pictures Fred?

The shoe boxes in his closet and old family albums
Posted By: 340_Dart

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 02:37 AM

My crew from western MD and I will be there...
Posted By: Labratt

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 02:38 AM

Bob,Best of Luck with the BIG RACE! I pray the weather is sunny,and the cars run fast! And ALL have GREAT FUN,ALL WEEK-END LONG! RandyB

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/28/10 07:28 AM

Posted By: Moore & Moore

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 11:38 AM

I hope to make it given the doctor gives me the OK after my hernia operation. The work that the entire Bob George Gang puts into the event is second to none. The event is always great and one of my favorites every year. If I get OK still not for sure which car/cars we will bring? I look forward to seeing everyone Hopefully.

Jack
Posted By: DJVCuda

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 11:42 AM

I'll be spending my weekend there!

Looking forward to it!

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/28/10 02:05 PM

Breakfast at the Cracker Barral in New Stanton Pa.,Friday.
Posted By: biff426

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 05/28/10 03:54 PM

How late can you get into the track on friday night was going to try to not take a day off work how is the parking there if I got there saturday am

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 05/28/10 09:36 PM

Quote:

How late can you get into the track on friday night was going to try to not take a day off work how is the parking there if I got there saturday am

Check with CC Events on the times the gate will be open,there is plenty of parking.
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 05/28/10 10:20 PM

I plan on being there,
need some hotel recommendations.

pm me with any suggestions

thanks

Attached picture 6008040-117_117small.JPG
Posted By: cgall

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 05/28/10 10:49 PM

Have they done anything about the sharp gravel that is everywhere over there? I went there once and heard of 4 guys having flat tires. Two teenagers with brooms near the staging lanes could have fixed that.

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/29/10 03:49 AM

Posted By: Bob'sdaughter

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/30/10 02:34 AM

I heard some Big Dogs are coming out for the Curt George Memorial Race.

Attached picture 6009854-prp6014.jpg
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/30/10 03:51 AM

Does PRP have shower accommodations? I can sleep in the trailer, but after a couple days without a shower I don't think I could stand myself!
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/30/10 03:56 AM

Quote:

Does PRP have shower accommodations? I can sleep in the trailer, but after a couple days without a shower I don't think I could stand myself!

No showers available but a friend of mine that I use to race with bought one of those portable shower kits and loved it. You placed the rubber bag in the sun to warm it up. There is a state park named Keystone State Park. Google it and call. Maybe they will let you shower for a couple of dollars.

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/30/10 04:14 AM

Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/30/10 04:16 AM

Will be their with the Daytona.. Mopar Mafia Racing... plan on the Party on Saturday Night!!!!

Hey!! Can we have a small camp fire??

Attached picture 6010008-P9180031.JPG

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/30/10 09:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Breakfast at the Cracker Barral in New Stanton Pa.,Friday.

SATURDAY TOO I HOPE

Friday,Saturday and Sunday.
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 05/30/10 11:43 AM

Kay and I would not miss this event, looking forward to it.

Attached File
6010231-BobGeorgeandKay  (86 downloads)
Posted By: steelhead

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/30/10 12:13 PM

Quote:

take a milk jug of water and washrag and deoderant you'll be fine
Posted By: Chad Bittle

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/30/10 07:19 PM

Dad and I will be there as well.

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/31/10 07:18 PM

Does anyone know what the host hotel is or a list of hotels are. I cannot remember which one I stayed at last year but it was nice because ther was lots of folks from the track there. There is always a list on the CCevents web site but they have not updated it yet. I have waited to the last minute in the past (in Pittsburgh) and had a hard time finding a room.
Jack
Posted By: 360904

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 05/31/10 08:42 PM

Hey Jack, I'm staying at the Comfort Inn about 10 minutes east on Rt 22. Phone number is 724-459-7100.

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 06/02/10 11:28 AM

Quote:

Have they done anything about the sharp gravel that is everywhere over there? I went there once and heard of 4 guys having flat tires.
Quote:

Flat slicks not good This will be the first time heading to this track, with the motorhome. I understand that the pits are just a bunch of SHARP ROCKS!!! BGR is their any place to park with out the SHARP ROCKS!!! ... Can I get their on Thursday to get flat land to park on
Need some advice from those Mopar Racers that know the track..

Attached picture 6016244-2010TT012.jpg
Posted By: sleepyhead416

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 06/02/10 11:49 AM

U can park on tower side of track NO rocks.

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 06/02/10 12:38 PM

Lower 40 is all grass and asphalt road,above the upper pits and restroom is grass and the upper last half of the track(Curt George Memorial Blvd) is grass and level.
Posted By: Bob_Spelic

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 06/02/10 02:40 PM

I will be there with the mopar powered dragster. I hope to make the Q16 field, but I'm sure if I do I'll be #8 in the open bodied field.

Bob Spelic

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 06/02/10 02:43 PM

Quote:

I will be there with the mopar powered dragster. I hope to make the Q16 field, but I'm sure if I do I'll be #8 in the open bodied field.

Bob Spelic

Bob,the important thing is your going to be there.

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/02/10 04:13 PM

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 06/02/10 04:43 PM

Thanks Bob, and your definitly correct. The main thing is to go and have fun which I have from the very first Curt George Memorial!

Eric; Minimum dial for the open body is 5.3. I can usually manage a 5.1 in PRP bad air. Fully Bodies can run a 5.70. If you sign up for Quick and do not make the field you get an automatic entry into Super Pro.

Bob spelic

Bob Spelic
Posted By: LAR_414

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 06/02/10 04:50 PM

Bob G,
For the 5th year in a row, I can't make the full event due to family commitments.

But I'd like to come out for Friday if it's a Test and Tune kinda day, to test out this 4sp stuff. Is this possible? Can I just come out for Friday only and Test and Tune? If so, how much would that cost, and is it test and tune all day (wondering how many runs I could possibly get in). I'm not interested in doing the gamblers race.

Thanks,
Larry

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 06/02/10 05:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Bob Spelic

What's the bump for door cars usually for the Q16... ...I'm going to figure out how to stop the Arrow...then I'll be there..

The bump for quick 16 is a floating number.
8 cars 8 dragsters. If you qualify Eric you won't have a problem stopping Eric as they run 1/8 mile only.

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 06/02/10 06:07 PM

Quote:

Bob G,
For the 5th year in a row, I can't make the full event due to family commitments.

But I'd like to come out for Friday if it's a Test and Tune kinda day, to test out this 4sp stuff. Is this possible? Can I just come out for Friday only and Test and Tune? If so, how much would that cost, and is it test and tune all day (wondering how many runs I could possibly get in). I'm not interested in doing the gamblers race.

Thanks,
Larry

Sorry Larry,I can't answer your questions,the CC Events directs the program Friday,Saturday and Sunday.You can check their site or contact them directly.

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/02/10 06:39 PM

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 06/02/10 06:59 PM

Thanks Bob,...I e-mailed Eddie at CC events.
Posted By: MrMopar95

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/03/10 01:21 AM

Steve, KEVIN better get his butt to the track, cowboy boots and all, and fat heads lookin for anther final round in the pick up truck

Glad too hear the lake erie monster might make it, you guys rock! ps save some of that jungle juice

& yes, the DEEP STAGER will be back in for some BOX & NO BOX on friday night...

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 06/03/10 02:34 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Lower 40 is all grass and asphalt road,above the upper pits and restroom is grass

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/03/10 03:15 AM

Quote:

Will be their with the Daytona.. Mopar Mafia Racing... plan on the Party on Saturday Night!!!!

Hey!! Can we have a small camp fire??

Yes CAMPIRE is aloud...

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/03/10 04:01 AM

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 06/03/10 12:41 PM

I will have Brad Penn oil available at the event. Send me a PM or email to let me know what you need or for any questions.

ajcasiniracing@hotmail.com

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/03/10 04:35 PM

Nick...I'll pass the word. He works about 90 hours a week, though, so it will be iffy.

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 06/03/10 04:51 PM

on the CCevents page it lists this race as a double race weekend.

What exactly does that mean as I cannot see a flyer on CCevents page or PRP's page that lists the times and activities?

It's probably in front of me and i just don't see it...help?

Bob Spelic

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 06/03/10 05:02 PM

Hey Bob what they did last year for the double race weekend was to run points both days. Saturday was 1/2 price 1/2 purse and Sunday was Regular payout regular purse.

Friday night will be box and no box racing gamblers race.

If you visit the PRP site the flyer is listed their which explains it as well.

www.pittsburghracewaypark.com
http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/files/CurtGeorgeMemorial.pdf

Thats what I know.
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/03/10 05:21 PM

Looking to make the trip really thinking about it.. And Nick i took your place at NTR since u wasnt there. went 3 rounds in Box in a 16 second car
Posted By: ChuckT

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/03/10 09:27 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know what the host hotel is or a list of hotels are. I cannot remember which one I stayed at last year but it was nice because ther was lots of folks from the track there. There is always a list on the CCevents web site but they have not updated it yet. I have waited to the last minute in the past (in Pittsburgh) and had a hard time finding a room.
Jack

Click the link, and you'll come up with some of the hotels nearby.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com/SponsorsPage.php

Going down that page, there is:

Hampton Inn in Blairsville, about 15 minutes east of the track on 22. (Puts you close to Clem's BBQ)

Holiday Inn Express in Delmont, about 15 minutes west of the track on 22, on the hill above the Lamplighter Restaurant (Puts you close to The Boulevard, movie theater, Wal Mart on the other side of 22)

Super 8 in New Stanton, off of the I 70/I 76 junction, about 25 minutes from the track

Hampton Inn - Monroeville - about 25 minutes east of the track

There is also a Super 8 (I think that's what it is) in Delmont, on Route 66 just off 22, next to the King's Restaurant

CT <--- trying to find a Mopar

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 06/03/10 09:57 PM

Hey Bob,

Just like AJ said. Friday is no box/box and Sat/Sun are regular classes with points each day. Also, Bob George is planning something fun for event- I am excited to find out! YAY! See you there!

Kara

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/03/10 10:22 PM

Quote:

Looking to make the trip really thinking about it.. And Nick i took your place at NTR since u wasnt there. went 3 rounds in Box in a 16 second car

kewl dustin, glad to here it, any thought in making PRP's race??? wheres that aspen AT!!!
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/03/10 11:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No showers available but a friend of mine that I use to race with bought one of those portable shower kits and loved it. You placed the rubber bag in the sun to warm it up. There is a state park named Keystone State Park. Google it and call. Maybe they will let you shower for a couple of dollars.

Thanks Pitsburghracer
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/04/10 02:09 PM

Quote:

Quote:

kewl dustin, glad to here it, any thought in making PRP's race??? wheres that aspen AT!!!

It was there too.. im really kicking around the idea of heading east for the race.. thinking about leaving here early sat morning to get there.. keepig my and trying to get some of the spring gang to come too
Posted By: RC91

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/05/10 12:21 PM

I will be there to spectate, take pictures, and maybe video. I love racing at CC events, but sold all my stuff a few years ago, a new ride is in the works.
Posted By: CRT

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/07/10 03:15 PM

How is the swap meet & mid way at this event ?
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/08/10 02:19 AM

Quote:

How is the swap meet & mid way at this event ?

Unfortunately John its pretty non-exsistent. It is mainly a racer's event.

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/08/10 12:26 PM

Anyone know any times yet for the 2 races and what classes they will be running each day. According to the flyer on PRP site that would be full price for Sunday and 1/2 price for Saturday. It would be nice to see at least a tentative schedule of times (need to know if I need to take a vacation day on Friday). Friday is listed with gates opening at 8:00AM but no details on what is happening that day (or at least I don't see them). I checked CCevents.com and PRP site and can't find any details.

Anyone in the know care to share some tentative times?

Bob Spelic

Attached picture 6026198-2008Dragsteratbyron.jpg

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/08/10 12:54 PM

Last week,I e-mailed Eddie at CC events, and he got back to me (about Friday). I had some follow up questions, and haven't heard back from him in days.

I can only make it Friday to Test and Tune. I have a couple other people that would like to join in the fun and just test and tune their own cars on friday. Some of us aren't "racers", but would like to participate in an all mopar event a little.

We don't really want to come out to a Test and Tune to get 2 runs in. That's a waste. Hopefully, we can test and tune a few more runs, while the rest of you guys join in the gamblers race.

Waiting for an answer from Eddie.

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/08/10 01:56 PM

Hey Bob,

If you plan on racing the BOX/NO BOX race on Friday you need to take a vacation day. I am as well. I believe TT's start before noon on Friday and pending on the car count usually two TT's then racing about 5:00pm. Saturday and Sunday, the Pro class kicks of TT's at 8am. Super Pro would follow Pro.

See you there!

Kara
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 03:19 AM

I have noticed that there are people that want to test and tune their Mopars at the Curt George Memorial on Friday.I know they have TT (Time Trials) for the racers, but do they have T&T (Test&Tune) for the people that are not qualifying for the event? As a "Race Director" Eddie Blankenship should respond to this.

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 03:39 AM

Usually Friday's are two time trials and then No Box and Box eliminations. I think PRP's regular Test N Tune may be running on Thursday.

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 11:52 AM

Quote:

I have noticed that there are people that want to test and tune their Mopars at the Curt George Memorial on Friday.I know they have TT (Time Trials) for the racers, but do they have T&T (Test&Tune) for the people that are not qualifying for the event? As a "Race Director" Eddie Blankenship should respond to this.

Test and tune is just that test and tune.Many of the inquires are from local mopar racers and friends of BGR and PRP.As long as they meet the criteria(Mopar only) and pay their entry why would anyone turn them away.The whole idea is to keep the sport alive and bring racers and fans through the gate.I don't think anyone needs to respond here and if they have any questions they can contact the CC Events directly.As far as BGR is concerned we welcome all our "Mopar Family" to join us at PRP if for the entrie weekend or just one day,T&T,showcars,racers,swap meet and others.Lets not use this event for any personal agenda,just support the sport,CC Events,PRP and Curts memory in the best honorable manner.It just pisses me off when anyone trys to create issues and drama at this event for their own personal agenda and I will take it as a personal insult.Sorry for the but we go through great efforts to make this event enjoyable and memorable for everyone and it is very "special" to me,my family and all of Curts' friends.

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 12:02 PM

Eddie got back to me (he's had some personal things taking up his time).

He said that if we want to Test and Tune on Friday only, it's $30 and he can only guarantee 4 runs. Sounds good. I sure hope it doesn't end up at only 2 runs, that would really irritate people that came out for one day, to have some fun. But Thanks Eddie for getting the word out, from the horse's mouth. If Eddie says 4 minimum, then 4 minimum it is. Thanks again.

If that doesn't work for people, Thursday is the normal T&T night at PRP and it's $25 and usually get 4 runs between 6pm-11pm.

Hope to see everyone on Friday 18th to have some fun

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 12:08 PM

Quote:

Eddie got back to me (he's had some personal things taking up his time).

He said that if we want to Test and Tune on Friday only, it's $30 and he can only guarantee 4 runs. Sounds good. I sure hope it doesn't end up at only 2 runs, that would really irritate people that came out for one day, to have some fun. But Thanks Eddie for getting the word out, from the horse's mouth. If Eddie says 4 minimum, then 4 minimum it is. Thanks again.

If that doesn't work for people, Thursday is the normal T&T night at PRP and it's $25 and usually get 4 runs between 6pm-11pm.

Hope to see everyone on Friday 18th to have some fun

Thanks,it's best to get your info right from the source.Hope to see you and maybe your dad Friday.

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 12:13 PM

I know my Dad is doing the whole weekend...he's excited. I should be there Friday, barring bad weather or something crazy with family life. We'll Stop and say hi, or you feel free to stop over too Bob. See ya later.

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 01:21 PM

Here is the weekend of scheduled events. I have seen some asking about times for the weekend figured I would post what is on the CC Events website.

Racer Tech Inspections: Friday 10:00am-TBA, Saturday 8:00am-TBA, Sunday 8:00am
Radio Frequency: 88.5 FM. It is your responsibility to tune in and listen for information concerning your race class.
Schedule: Double Race Weekend
Friday
12:00pm Time Trial #1 All Classes
2:00pm Time Trial #2 All Classes
4:30pm Qualifier #1 Quick 16
4:45pm CRT Ten O Shootout Time Trial
5:00pm Gamblers Race Box & No-box $20.00 entry

Saturday Half Price Half purse Points race. If you wish to enter this race you can buy the Tech card at the Event trailer Friday & Saturday
9:00am Time Trial #1 All Classes
11:00am Qualifier #2 Quick 16
11:15am CRT Ten O Qualifier #1
11:30pm Time Trial #2 All Classes
1:30pm Qualifier #3 Quick 16
1:45pm CRT Ten O Shootout Qualifier #2
2:30pm Eliminations Begin

Sunday
9:00am Time trial for all Classes.
11:30am Top 20 Car show parade
12:00pm Eliminations Begin

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 03:56 PM

Just to avoid any Test and Tune confusion,....per my discussions with Eddie, if you are doing (and paying for) only Test and Tune on Friday, you will get at least 4 runs guaranteed.

He told me that if you come out for the day on friday to just test and tune, and pay the test and tune fee of $30, you will get 4 runs minimum.

If you have paid for the full race program (weekend), then you will do 2 test runs and then gamblers race if you wish to participate, on friday.

I hope that helps people out, and gets a few more Test and Tune only guys to come out and play for fun.

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 04:49 PM

Nicely said Bob. My family and I couldn't agree more.

AJ- thanks for posting the schedule

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 05:05 PM

Quote:

Nicely said Bob. My family and I couldn't agree more.

AJ- thanks for posting the schedule

Thanks Kara Jo and all the "Racing Mopar Families".The Georges,Bowmens,Casinis,Cadamores,Quasts,Smiths,Johonsons,Hass's,McCellands,Reasbecks,Biddles,Vernens,"WOW" crap can't begin to name them all.Thanks everyone,and sorry to at Larry(Glassman) but I'am sure if he is the friend I think he is, he will understand where I was comming from.We can't wait for the event and our "special surprise" I miss Curt everyday but at this event I always feel he is still with me and can only honor those who join my family at this event to honor Curts' memory.
Posted By: julian2007

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 05:31 PM

Lets not forget that Eddie and the rest of the gang work other jobs too.There is no way to make a living for four people on this events car count.When you have a job and a family it is almost impossible to run a show this big to make most everyone happy.So if we want it to continue lets offer a helping hand rather than pi$$ing and moaning about things that don't really matter.Instead lets offer are ideas of what might make this show bigger and better so they can spend more on payouts,web updates and things like that.This is the only show around here so lets help keep it alive.btw Bob George racing Bruce Gaier Racing will be there Friday night Frying fish and raising a beer glass to Curt's memory so stop on down

Attached picture 6028180-dragster009.jpg

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 05:58 PM

Quote:

Lets not forget that Eddie and the rest of the gang work other jobs too.There is no way to make a living for four people on this events car count.When you have a job and a family it is almost impossible to run a show this big to make most everyone happy.So if we want it to continue lets offer a helping hand rather than pi$$ing and moaning about things that don't really matter.Instead lets offer are ideas of what might make this show bigger and better so they can spend more on payouts,web updates and things like that.This is the only show around here so lets help keep it alive.btw Bob George racing Bruce Gaier Racing will be there Friday night Frying fish and raising a beer glass to Curt's memory so stop on down

Couldn't say it any better
Posted By: Prostock

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 07:52 PM

Quote:

Bob G,

Same with me. I'm hoping I can change that for next year though. I guess I need to start earlier.
Posted By: eddie_ccevents

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 08:33 PM

Bob I just want to say that no other event means more to me and my family then this event. Thank You for all you do and I hope you have been listening to 3ws.
To everyone out there we had some issue with are on-line registration what hopefully will be fixed soon. The secured site that we run it thru is not getting the info for some reason.
I have also had a sick grandma who has been in the hospital for the pass two weeks so I apoloize for the slow response. If you call the office please leave a message my mom has been with her mom and will get back to you soon, grandma is finally back at home so things are getting better.
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/09/10 11:53 PM

I am so stinking excited, can't wait for the next 9 days to pass.

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/10/10 11:17 AM

Quote:

I am so stinking excited, can't wait for the next 9 days to pass.

hopefully the stink will be gone by the time you get to PRP.

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/11/10 12:54 AM

I just wanted to let everyone know the pre-registration is working again on the ccevents site for Pittsburgh. The purse for each class also has been posted.
Jack
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/11/10 12:59 AM

Eddie, glad to hear grandma is doing better. Give your mom our love your family have been in our prayers. Since we heard about your grandmother.

Bob, We are so excited also. We love PRP. Can't wait to see everyone.
Debi, Ron, Chasity and Melissa
Posted By: whiskeyrunner

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/11/10 04:35 AM

well...as of the good runs tonight at the track...looks like ill be running next weekend! see you guys there

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/13/10 01:05 PM

Put the blue jeans away and break out the white legs we're gonna need them HOT HOT HOT Should see lots of BG's tank tops if he remembers to bring them heck I'll even pass them out for him see ya thursday The Doorman

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/14/10 03:55 AM

Well the Cadamore's are half ready for the Pittsburgh's Chrysler Classic. After Thursday test and tune and racing Saturday and Sunday the 70 Duster is running some consistent number and Matt (Whiskyrunner) was cutting some pretty good lights. Now its time to finish the Daytona and try to make some test runs Thursday. We look forward to seeing some of our good friends and having the honor of remembering Curt George and celebrating the life he lived and the great things he and his family have brought to the racing community. See ya soon.
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/14/10 10:37 AM

Well the new tunnel ram is all installed with no runs on it, will be leaning on Bob for tuning advice, can't wait to try it. Sure sounds stout! Kay started loading trailer yesterday, will see you-al soon! Larry and Kay

Re: Chrysler Classic?Curt George Memorial Race - 06/15/10 03:10 AM

This event can't come fast enough! Coronet is clean and shiny, alternator installed (Kevin's way- haha, but it worked great and we have voltage!) , Professor Plum (Challenger) is shining , golf cart clean but not going to make it due to the new four passenger roof not fitting in the trailer but the quad is sparkling ready to go and we got Smores - what else do you need?!?! Mom's got the motorhome loaded, Dad's ready to rock and Nick is ready to roll and Uncle Bruce is ready too!

See you all there!!! Let's pray for sunshine!

Kara

Attached picture 6037704-DSC00836.JPG

PRO RATED PURSE - 06/15/10 03:23 PM

i understand pro rated purse based off of 200 cars on sundays race...but for saturdays cut entry/purse day...how could u possibly pro rate that race as well, its already cut, the pay is super low... am i the only one not happy with that?

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/15/10 05:24 PM

Yep your the only one, want some cheese to go with your wine?

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/15/10 06:05 PM

Quote:

Yep your the only one, want some cheese to go with your wine?

Nick,If you got a gripe please take it to the CC Events directly.This post is to invite eveyone to come and have agood time,not to use as complaint thread.Remember why we are having this race.We should be glad that we can have a CC Event at PRP and honor Curt.The alternative is not to have it and not to remember Curt in a venue that we all can enjoy.If it was only about the dollars then we have all missed the point and we all should just let the event die or go to another track and let PRP put on its' own event with bigger payouts,like the Memorial Day Bash.Anyway that's only my opinion and I'am sorry that your not happy.

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/15/10 06:34 PM

im gonna kick your butt when i see you skipper!!!!
the race does have a meaning bob,i miss curt too and want to remember him aswell...

they need to open the ET limit up alittle in PRO to get more cars involved. help the car count out. there is NO WAY IN HELL we will get 200+ cars in Sportsman on EITHER of the two days. i garuntee it. and for PRO and TOp, they have less cars than sportsman all most. it wont happen. consider this weekend already CUT!

see ya all there.

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/15/10 07:19 PM

Time out guys. There was misinterpretation on how Nick (and I am sure some others) read the flyer. Everyone is good to go now.

Correct Bob, this is not a complaint thread, let's have a great time with family, friends and burning rubber!

To clarify: 200 cars total NOT per class.

Back to the basics, if you are not sure or unclear just call CC Events. They will answer any questions you may have. Please do not assume. We all know what happens when we assume. HAHA

See you all soon!

Kara

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/15/10 07:26 PM

Yes ill double that up, If there is not a TOTAL OF 200 CARS ENTERED IN SATURDAY OR SUNDAYS RACE, the purse of each class THAT DAY will be cut.

as i read, i was in disbelief to know that they wanted 200 cars in each class perday for the purse...but is was miss understood...

so again so everybody knows. the PURSE WILL ONLY BE CUT ON SATURDAY IF THERE IS LESS THAN 200TOTAL CARS racing that day. thats a TOTAL OF ALL THE CLASSES COMBINED!!!
same goes for Sunday... sounds alot more reasonable too me.

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/15/10 07:32 PM

Quote:

Time out guys. There was misinterpretation on how Nick (and I am sure some others) read the flyer. Everyone is good to go now.

Correct Bob, this is not a complaint thread, let's have a great time with family, friends and burning rubber!

To clarify: 200 cars total NOT per class.

Back to the basics, if you are not sure or unclear just call CC Events. They will answer any questions you may have. Please do not assume. We all know what happens when we assume. HAHA

See you all soon!

Kara

Thanks for the clarification Your right about assuming it makes an azz of you and me That's why I suggest any concerns be directed to the CC Events for explaination.When things are misunderstood they need to addressed directly not cause panic or It only hurts the event.Lets all stay positive and look for a great weekend.

Curt George Memorial - 06/15/10 08:13 PM

Still looking for a Mopar so I can play too... wonder if mom and dad would miss their mini van for a weekend?? Or can I put pentagram emblems on the Cutlass and enter??

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/15/10 08:16 PM

get something chuck...somebody has got something to loan out there. ask rich penn to run his durango, he let joe tharp jr race it b4 i think last year!

weather looks good so far. 2/3 days shining. hoping for better. but so far thats ok.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/15/10 08:50 PM

Bob....What a great way to remember Curt... I wish each and every one of you best of luck!! Be safe and have a good time!! Ted

Attached picture 6038761-64race.jpg

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/15/10 10:01 PM

Quote:

Still looking for a Mopar so I can play too... wonder if mom and dad would miss their mini van for a weekend?? Or can I put pentagram emblems on the Cutlass and enter??

Hey Chuck just go to A1 rental and get a mopar for the weekend. One thing for sure is the way you race you won't be charged for extra mileage.

Just kidding Chuck.

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/15/10 11:35 PM

We could always unhook a Hemi or Cummins truck from a trailer.
Posted By: fullmetaljacket

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/16/10 12:05 AM

The "Brooklyn Dodges Super Bee will be there from Brooklyn, New York.
My car isn't ready as of yet or it would be there also. I'll be there in person talking smack.

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/16/10 03:44 AM

The Waacks!! (Mopar Mafia Racing Member) will be driving down.We got the few bugs worked out in the Daytona so we are getting loaded up for the trip.!!!
Never been at this track,so we are looking forward to having a great time with you all,and remembering Curt. We never met the Man but looking forward to meeting and racing with the people that knew him well.

Question??? To All: Can I get my ET license runs in at this event on Friday. I would like to enter the car on Saturday/Sunday. My dad Ed might not be able to drive both races..I have my paper work completed for (NHRA). Just need the runs now..

Attached picture 6039470-P9180030.JPG

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/16/10 03:58 AM

cant say that for sure,thats a ? for CC events. but if u show up on thursday for prps test and tune, you can make lisence runs.

Re: Chrysler Classic/Curt George Memorial Race June 18-20 - 06/16/10 04:35 AM

Looking forward to the weekend. Thank you BGR, CC Events and all the sponsors that make this weekend possible. The Bowman's are pumped for a fun filled weekend w/ family and friends. Here's to Curt!

I would like to share this with everyone-

A message from Bob on PRP's website:
Curt George Memorial Sponsors and a message from Bob George
I would like to remind and invite everyone to the Chrysler Classic Events 6th Annual Curt George Memorial double race weekend June 18, 19 and 20 at Pittsburgh Raceway Park. We are planning an interesting program. Come on out and enjoy some great southwestern Pennsylvania hospitality and some of the best "all Mopar" racing and racers anywhere.

It's great to see the tradition of family racing carried on by so many Mopar racing families, like the Bowmans, Casinis, Cadamores, Quasts, Smiths, Johnsons, McClellands, Reasbecks, Biddles, Vernens, Hasses and so many more I can’t begin to name them all. It is that tradition that makes it feel like a big family reunion at all the Chrysler Classic events. We can’t wait for this weekend - we are planning a "special surprise" for Mopar family racers at PRP this year!

Bob George Racing welcomes all in the Mopar Family to join us at PRP, whether it’s for one day or the entire weekend, to test and tune, to show a car, participate in the swap meet, or race. The whole idea is to keep the sport alive and bring racers and fans through the gate to support the sport, CC Events, PRP, and Curt’s memory in the best honorable manner. We go through great efforts to make this event enjoyable and memorable for everyone and it is very special to me, my family and all of Curt’s friends. I miss Curt every day, but at this event I always feel he is still with me. I hope you can join my family and me this weekend honor Curt’s memory.

Thank you to all who make this event possible, fans, racers, spectators, vendors, car show and swap meet participants, and all of the sponsors.

Thank you Bob!

The Bowmans's

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/16/10 11:30 AM

Quote:

Hey Chuck just go to A1 rental and get a mopar for the weekend. One thing for sure is the way you race you won't be charged for extra mileage.

Just kidding Chuck.

LMAO John, nice one! But now I need a hug too.

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/16/10 11:35 AM

"To everyone,thanks"

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/16/10 03:12 PM

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/16/10 06:24 PM

Chuck,

You can race our dually if you want! Let me know.

Kara

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/17/10 11:39 AM

Thanks Kara! I really appreciate the offer, but now I'm pretty sure I'll be working Saturday and Sunday. If you hear "What's up what's up?" a couple times over the P.A./88.5, then it means I'm your humble announcer. Or I'll be the eagle eye up top making sure it's clear. Kinda bummed to not be racing, but hopefully it keeps me hungry to get back in my hot rod and light some lamps the rest of the year. And I'lll earn a couple bucks towards the WFC trip.

Eric, happy belated birthday!

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/17/10 11:58 AM

Quote:

as of now I have no tow vehicle. both of my Dodge's are in the shop awaiting parts.
Looks like I may come out with my Caddy

fred,you mean your not going to make your 1 infamous solo pass. :eyes

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/17/10 03:07 PM

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/17/10 03:18 PM

Posted By: 1BadLiLCharger

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/17/10 04:46 PM

Quote:

Question??? To All: Can I get my ET license runs in at this event on Friday. I would like to enter the car on Saturday/Sunday. My dad Ed might not be able to drive both races..I have my paper work completed for (NHRA). Just need the runs now..

Seeing that this is an IHRA track, I would guess no.

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/17/10 07:10 PM

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/18/10 11:35 AM

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/18/10 01:05 PM

Was up there last night and saw quite a few guys already there for the weekend. The weather looks awesome for the weekend, abundant sunshine. I know one thing I am ready to get back to the track but have to finish up here at work this morning. see you all there around 1.

Posted By: RonP

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/18/10 01:32 PM

Good luck guys. Can't make this one as I work all weekend. be safe and have a great time.
Posted By: Red Express

Re: PRO RATED PURSE - 06/18/10 02:34 PM

Dads leaving Toronto now... have a safe race everyone.. wish I was coming down... I'm hoping to get to US 141..

Stop in and say Hi to the old man... he gets lonely... lol

Darcy

Attached picture 6043196-trucksmall.JPG

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/18/10 05:38 PM

finally have the motor home packed and almost ready to head to the track. Whiskyrunner already has the car there as he wanted to make some passes last night. Did not finish the Daytona so I will be crew chief,cook,and have more time to BS some good friends. Really looking forward to the weekend. If you get a chance stop by and introduce yourself. Our car is a black 70 duster with white stripes. Hope to see you there. John Cadamore (pittsburghracer)
Posted By: sleepyhead416

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/18/10 09:14 PM

WELL beleive it or not I'm loaded up & ready to roll!!! Be there bright & early SAT.

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/18/10 10:03 PM

Loaded up here and ready to pull out early in the AM.

Kyle just called me, he was there and drove Ronnie's Hemi car today, as well as his own 64 wedge car. He also tells me that Bob Roles went a 9.30 today in his Hemi 64, in the heat of the day. Plenty stout.

Weather looks gorgeous over the weekend....maybe a bit on the wrm side. Can't wait..

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/19/10 01:45 AM

Friday gambler's race results:

No Box:

WINNER
Dennis Kohr, Myerstown, PA 1968 Dodge Superbee
Dial: 10.93
RT: .0696
ET: 10.9447
MPH: 123.76

R/U
Bob Schrader, North Canton, OH 1973 Plymouth Duster
Dial: 12.85
RT: -.0162
ET: 12.9375
MPH: 97.91

BOX:

WINNER
Jeff Russell, Brookville, IN, 1980 Dodge Omni
Dial: 9.60
RT: .0121
ET: 9.6014
MPH: 136.24

R/U
Jeff Johnson, Reedsville, OH 2002 Dodge Dakota
Dial: 8.89
RT: .0314
ET: 8.9712
MPH: 151.16

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/19/10 02:26 AM

Posted By: BENCHRACER

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/19/10 12:59 PM

I'm tryin to make it up. Just so much crap goin on here at the house. May just drop everything for a day and come walk around.

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/19/10 10:59 PM

Great racing out here today, tons of .00x and a handful of .000x light, lots of margin of victories in the same .00x and .000x range!

Unfortunately... it's 7pm Saturday, and an ugly result of 2 fronts meeting has ended the day early.

The remaining cars in today's program will finish the race on Sunday. No class finished - I believe Max Wedge, 10.00 Shootout, and Q16 are in the finals, Pro and Super Pro in the quarters, and 12 cars in Sportsman.

Plenty of racing action coming on Sunday, with an awesome weather forecast.

Post deleted by Defbob - 06/20/10 01:24 AM

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/20/10 01:35 AM

Attached picture 6045367-_DSC1893_S.jpg

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/20/10 01:37 AM

Attached picture 6045373-_DSC1897_s.jpg
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/20/10 12:11 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately... it's 7pm Saturday, and an ugly result of 2 fronts meeting has ended the day early.

The remaining cars in today's program will finish the race on Sunday. No class finished - I believe Max Wedge, 10.00 Shootout, and Q16 are in the finals, Pro and Super Pro in the quarters, and 12 cars in Sportsman.

What was the total 1st round car count in each class (est)? Does the above mean there was a better turnout in Sportsman than the rest, or they didn't get as many rounds in before the rain?

Re: Curt George Memorial - 06/21/10 12:00 PM

Eric - someone did get Eddie the word. It started with just a few drops, and the lanes were able to be emptied before it became a monsoon. I think everyone was able to batten down the hatches.

Not sure if Sportsman had the most cars or not, but their lanes were pretty full in round 1, and round 2 with the buybacks.

After the car show parade, the special event that Bob talked about here was a Generations Race, and it was 1 round, grudge runs of family against family. Curt Jr went .027 red to Bob, who claims he scared him into it. We won't say what Bob's bulb was though! Well, maybe Curt will! It was fathers racing sons and daughters, brothers racing brothers, husbands racing wives... great stuff, lots of stories I'm sure coming out it, along with some bragging rights.

All results from the weekend:

Chrysler Classic results
Sunday results:
Hemi:
W - Gary Murphy, '70 Challenger, 9.57 dial, .0318 r/t, 9.5689, 139.88mph
R/U - Kyle Reasbeck, '66 Coronet, 9.75 dial, .0058 r/t, 9.7475, 135.71mph

Max Wedge:
W - Jim Guy, '64 Savoy, 10.50 index, .0508 r/t, 10.5255, 117.00mph
R/U - Ramon Powell, '65 Belvedere, 10.50 index, .1950, 10.5955, 123.09mph

Quick 8 gamblers (1/8th mile):
W - Ron Stayer Jr, dragster, 5.23 dial, .0105 r/t, 5.2678, 124.58mph
R/U - Larry Smith, '68 Dart, 5.51 dial, .0420 r/t, 5.5445, 126.90mph

Sportsman:
W - Richard Schrader, '69 Roadrunner, 12.17 dial, .0034 r/t, 12.1750, 109.62mph
R/U - Terry Knott, '73 Dart Sport, 11.51 dial, .0553 r/t, 11.5118, 115.38mph

Pro:
W - John Rendes, '68 GTX, 11.23 dial, .0169 r/t, 11.2037, 118.95mph
R/U - Pat Norton, '67 Dart, 9.57 dial, -.0169 r/t, 9.5877, 135.38mph

Super Pro:
W - Ron Stayer Jr, dragster, 8.30 dial, .0099 r/t, 8.3085, 158.67mph
R/U - Lennie Claypoole Jr, '72 Duster, .0057 r/t, 8.5540, 157.07mph

Saturday results (finsished on Sunday)

Hemi:
W - Ken Krejci, '68 Barracuda, 9.94 dial, .0396 r/t, 9.9549, 128.68mph
R/U - Dirk Hale, '68 Dart, 9.76 dial, .0330 r/t, 9.7876, 136.70mph

Max Wedge:
W - Jeff Day, '64 Fury, 11.00 index, .0904 r/t, 10.9939, 123.15mph
R/U - Tom Shirey, '64 Belvedere, 11.50 index, .0460 r/t, 11.4493, 115.41mph

CRT 10.00 Shootout:
W - John Gray, '80 Volare, .0154 r/t, 10.0051, 133.45mph
R/U - Pat Norton, '67 Dart, -.0215 r/t, 9.9440, 124.76mph

Quick 16 (1/8th mile):
W - Lennie Claypoole Jr, '72 Duster, 5.43 dial, .0047 r/t, 5.4255, 126.69mph
R/U - Ron Stayer Jr, dragster, 5.22 dial, .0264 r/t, 5.2097, 129.87

Sportsman:
W - Nick Bowman, '70 Duster, 14.26 dial, .0467 r/t, 14.196, 96.88mph
R/U - Johnnie Kubalek, '71 Demon, 13.40 dial, -.1728 r/t, 19.4065, 37.65mph

Pro:
W - Scotty Campbell, '73 Dart Sport, 12.00 dial, .0409 r/t, 11.9894, 106.41mph
R/U - Jason Wheatcraft, '67 Barracuda, 10.58 dial, .0034 r/t, 10.5680, 122.05mph

Super Pro:
W - Lonnie Smith, '68 Dart, 9.75 dial, .0036 r/t, 9.7487, 134.73mph
R/U - Lennie Claypoole Jr, '72 Duster, 8.55 dial, -.0031 r/t, 9.2784, 109.70mph

Friday night gambler's race:

No Box:

WINNER
Dennis Kohr, Myerstown, PA 1968 Dodge Superbee
Dial: 10.93
RT: .0696
ET: 10.9447
MPH: 123.76

R/U