Moparts

quality of summit house brand parts??

Posted By: jamesc

quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/24/10 01:46 PM

i'm going in circles about what to do for a bracket door car and am thinking hard about doing something with the 72 swinger i had originally intended for a street car. has anyone used the summit house brand aluminum radiator/shroud/electric fan setup and/or their electric water pump that goes in the stock housing? also wondering about their poly race seat setup? tnx
Posted By: therocks

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/24/10 05:31 PM

We have the poly seats in 2 cars.Mine 4 years the kids 10 years.No problems with them.They arent for a 100 mile drive but we both street drive the cars and they arent too bad.Ive heard the Rads are decent.Never heard of any problems with them.Most of their parts are made by Major companies and just changed a bit and their name on it.Rocky
Posted By: Runner

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/24/10 05:41 PM

dont know about the fan and shroud, but i have the radiator in 2 diffeent cars and they work nice. my first aluminum radiator was a griffin and that piece of crap started leaking after a couple years of use. the summit radiator that replaced the griffin has been in the car for 5 years now. they are made by northern radiator.
Posted By: 727builder

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/24/10 05:43 PM

Will never buy another skummit SB double roller timing chain. Dont know who makes them for them? But the last 2-3 i bought have been junk. More slack in the chain than the old chain.
Posted By: 512 VALIANT

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/24/10 06:02 PM

Dont know about Summit, but Jegs electric water pumps are good. This is the 1 I run.
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/50930/10002/-1
Posted By: jamesc

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/24/10 07:01 PM

thanks, i was looking at that one too. $175 with the racer discount.
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/24/10 07:15 PM

Quote:

We have the poly seats in 2 cars.Mine 4 years the kids 10 years.No problems with them.They arent for a 100 mile drive but we both street drive the cars and they arent too bad.Ive heard the Rads are decent.Never heard of any problems with them.Most of their parts are made by Major companies and just changed a bit and their name on it.Rocky

Exactly. I have a lot of jegs branded parts on the 2 smallblocks I am building. I really like them. I think the billet aluminum parts are csr possibly. If not they are identical. I have the throttle brackets, thermo housing, fittings, and all kinds of other stuff. I'm pleased with all of it too.
Posted By: 67Charger

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/24/10 07:15 PM

I've been running the Summit electric w/p (CVR) and radiator (Howe Racing) with either 1 or 2 16" SPAL fans for 3+ years and am completely satisfied. I actually have some OVERcooling issues when at full speed, but a drilled T-stat (none in there at the moment) should solve it without dead-heading the pump.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/24/10 07:32 PM

I've been happy with the Summit brand parts... I have
their poly seat and cover also... its been in there
for 12 years now and still fine... from time to time
they do change manufacturers on parts... they go by
the cheapest bid... so todays part could be different
from 1 year ago
Posted By: Dartin

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/25/10 12:10 AM

I've used their radiator and some hose fittings. No trouble from any of it.
Posted By: mopar65

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/25/10 12:55 AM

I am also happy with my summit rand and summit electric water pump.thanks Mopar65

Attached picture 6001074-100_0520(Large).JPG
Posted By: Chilort

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/25/10 04:13 AM

Summit "brand" parts are nearly always made by someone else and then rebranded and boxed. That means you have to figure out who is making what for Summit and when to get a real accurate idea. Goo luck with that.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/25/10 04:42 AM

I noticed today that some of the Jegs brand parts were higher priced than the major brand. I don't shop summit but it's done by low bid. Who will sell there relabeled parts the cheeper than the next guy.

Posted By: 493_DART

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/25/10 07:12 AM

no probs with Summit branded parts in 6 years.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/25/10 06:29 PM

Quote:

Will never buy another skummit SB double roller timing chain. Dont know who makes them for them? But the last 2-3 i bought have been junk. More slack in the chain than the old chain.

Interesting. I have two of the Mopar BB timing chain sets and they are great. Taught chain, 9 index keys, torrington bearing against the block, etc. Now I run a flat tappet cam, not a roller with 800 open pressure.
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/25/10 07:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Interesting. I have two of the Mopar BB timing chain sets and they are great. Taught chain, 9 index keys, torrington bearing against the block, etc. Now I run a flat tappet cam, not a roller with 800 open pressure.

same upinhyuh. i was impressed with the quality and fit. i have punished the big block sets beyond description- no failures.
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/25/10 07:13 PM

Quote:

i'm going in circles about what to do for a bracket door car and am thinking hard about doing something with the 72 swinger i had originally intended for a street car. has anyone used the summit house brand aluminum radiator/shroud/electric fan setup and/or their electric water pump that goes in the stock housing? also wondering about their poly race seat setup? tnx

i have the seats in my turd. they're fine. reasonably comfy, and still plenty solid after hundreds of thousands of runs and millions of miles. ok. maybe not that much. but a lot!
Posted By: 69dart

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/25/10 08:09 PM

I picked up a really nice aluminum radiator for my challenger on ebay. It was direct factory replacement only aluminum. It was really nice and only around $150.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aluminum-...sQ5fAccessories
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/25/10 08:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I bought the Summit chain set for my 440 build and it looks very much like the Rollmaster that is on the other engine...
Posted By: cowbay

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/25/10 09:07 PM

Quote:

Summit "brand" parts are nearly always made by someone else and then rebranded and boxed. That means you have to figure out who is making what for Summit and when to get a real accurate idea. Goo luck with that.

I have some summit items over the years. I know from my experiance that they can not tell you exaclty who it is made by, but I have had some very good luck where the phone persons will tell me it is very similar to another part made by company X. Which is about as far as they can go in telling you who made the part. As a result I will have to say I had very good luck with Summit products all except for a tach, but they exchanged without question.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/26/10 02:40 AM

I like their radiator, but have given up on any kind of electric fan for the time being.

ps check the archives for molded hoses that work with the summit radiator.
Posted By: cowbay

Re: quality of summit house brand parts?? - 05/27/10 08:51 PM

I just recieved the summit air filter for my wife's mustang and it is made by K and N even came with the decals. Even the instructions say Summit/K&N air filter
© 2024 Moparts Forums