Moparts

What are you guys using to clean your trailer??

Posted By: BEEQUIK

What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/24/10 12:07 AM

Holy crap I spent 2 days working on this thing and there must be an easier way! I used an electric buffer with a very mild trizact polish and it came clean but I was wondering what you guys use. I have some of that streak remover and it did not work for me. take a look. I havent cleaned the outside in a couple years and did not realize how dirty it was until I cleaned a spot and then it was too late...

Attached picture 5999196-IMG_0030.JPG

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/24/10 12:08 AM

after starting...

Attached picture 5999199-IMG_0034.JPG

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/24/10 12:09 AM

done!!

Attached picture 5999200-IMG_0038.JPG
Posted By: RonP

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/24/10 12:10 AM

Purple Power from autozone/advance cant remenber which one. It works like a charm. Spray it on, let it sit a few, a little elbow greese and it takes that black crap right off.

here is a pic I took for someone a while back while cleaning mine.

Attached picture 5999202-15July20090501.JPG
Posted By: DMax One

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/24/10 12:27 AM

I use some stuff you get at the Dollar stores called "Simply Awesome", and it is!

It's cheap too, about $4 a gallon.

The black streaks practically fall off the trailer.

I'm going to have to clean my trailer again pretty soon also, if I can get it out of the cow pasture.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/24/10 12:28 AM

Go to the dollar store and buy some Awesome. It cleans better than purple power and does not have lye in it.
Posted By: Thor500

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/24/10 12:31 AM

Streak B Gone, is the name of the stuff, company is out of Georgia, stuff works, we tried everything. THE STUFF WORKS!!
I sell trailers for a living by the way. I've rubbe out by hand before, no fun! A good coat of wa does keep the streaks from coming back as quick.
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/24/10 01:06 AM

Quote:

I use some stuff you get at the Dollar stores called "Simply Awesome", and it is!

It's cheap too, about $4 a gallon.

The black streaks practically fall off the trailer.

I'm going to have to clean my trailer again pretty soon also, if I can get it out of the cow pasture.

Same here --- this stuff just works. Wet down the trailer and then spray it with this stuff and use a long handled brush to just run across the trailer with hardly any effort and rinse. Looks like new and all streaks are gone Oh and real cheap too

Russ
Posted By: 72chrgrally

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/24/10 02:06 PM

Also remember to clean the roof, all the grime and pollution gets washed off when it rains and will re-stain your trailer. The doller store Simply Awesome is good stuff.
Steve
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/24/10 05:15 PM

Quote:

I use some stuff you get at the Dollar stores called "Simply Awesome", and is!

Same here... took me 2 days to totally do my 43'
trailer... I did the roof, walls and the awning but
it sure looks good now
Posted By: Bubba

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/24/10 05:16 PM

Dude! Why didn't you give me a call? I would have come down and done it for ya.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 12:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I use some stuff you get at the Dollar stores called "Simply Awesome", and is!

Same here... took me 2 days to totally do my 43'
trailer... I did the roof, walls and the awning but
it sure looks good now

It's actually called "Totally Awesome" and it is the best cleaner out there for your trailer....BAR NONE IMO....it's $3.00 a half gallon at the "Dollar Store"

Rickster
Posted By: Barnstorm

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 03:08 AM

Bought some today. Full strength or diluted?

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 03:15 AM

Quote:

Bought some today. Full strength or diluted?

I used it full strength from a spray bottle.... spray
it on and wipe it off... dont let it dry on there
Posted By: rowin4

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 04:50 AM

Does it work on black trailers?
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/25/10 05:40 AM

Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 05:52 AM

My son
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 11:31 AM

Quote:

Also remember to clean the roof, all the grime and pollution gets washed off when it rains and will re-stain your trailer. Steve

Your wasting your time if you didn't do the roof first, that's where all the black comes from.
Posted By: chryco

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 11:46 AM

Quote:

Does it work on black trailers?

That`s a little more elbow grease ! MGD`s help too !! LOL !!

Attached picture 6001698-IMG_6342a.jpg
Posted By: Plumb Wired

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 12:54 PM

Chris, like mentioned previously the "Awesome" product from the dollar store works well. A good coat of wax will help prevent some of the streaking in the future.

Mike Gray
Posted By: joshking440

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 01:36 PM

If no one here has used the blue beacon truck wash for there truck and trailer, they are missing out. If you are getting ready to do a spring clean on the trailer, I suggest you give them a try. I know they are nation wide. The trailer will come out looking like new, and they use 100% reverse osmosis water, so no water spots, even on a black rig!!!
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 01:54 PM

Quote:

If no one here has used the blue beacon truck wash for there truck and trailer, they are missing out. If you are getting ready to do a spring clean on the trailer, I suggest you give them a try. I know they are nation wide. The trailer will come out looking like new, and they use 100% reverse osmosis water, so no water spots, even on a black rig!!!

I have used them in the past many times while on the road. They do nice work and fast, But make sure they don't use the alkaline cleaner on your polished aluminum, it will put a haze on your polished aluminum. It polishes back out but is more work to get rid of the haze.

Like I said above, do the roof of your trailer or RV first so the sides stay cleaner longer, otherwise it will streak again after the first rain. Been there, done it many times.

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 02:05 PM

Quote:

Chris, like mentioned previously the "Awesome" product from the dollar store works well. A good coat of wax will help prevent some of the streaking in the future.

Mike Gray

Yeah I forgot to say that in my 2 days of cleaning it
I also did a coat of wax... I just used spray on
floor wax after the cleaning... worked well
Posted By: JSR1485

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 02:38 PM

This is the best stuff I have found to use. Was at Division race a few years ago and watched a guy clean his trailer in no time with this stuff.
http://www.cleanyourtrailer.net
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 03:15 PM

Quote:

This is the best stuff I have found to use. Was at Division race a few years ago and watched a guy clean his trailer in no time with this stuff.
[/quote

at 35.00 a gallon it beter clean the trailer while I am sitting on the couch drinking a cold one
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/25/10 11:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

[/quote

at 35.00 a gallon it better clean the trailer while I am sitting on the couch drinking a cold one

Yeah, I still have a gallon jug sitting on the shelf.....you can have for half price....wasn't impressed in the least, yeah it works, but it takes a lot elbow grease also.....try the totally awesome and you won't ever spend 30 bucks a gallon again when $6 a gallon will just wipe the black off

Rickster

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/26/10 01:51 AM

Thanks guys !! I will get some awesome cleaner from the dollar store and give it a whirl,I have not done the roof and will need to do that.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/26/10 01:58 AM

Make sure you float plenty of water while cleaning up on top. If "Awesome" even comes close to drying, it is hard to remove the "clean streaks". Plus, it strips any protective finish from the aluminum panels, so wax on, wax off. All and all, enclosed trailers are a P I T A.
Posted By: mopar376d

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/26/10 02:22 AM

Quote:

Make sure you float plenty of water while cleaning up on top. If "Awesome" even comes close to drying, it is hard to remove the "clean streaks". Plus, it strips any protective finish from the aluminum panels, so wax on, wax off. All and all, enclosed trailers are a P I T A.

Have used awesome a long time. Found something better a guy let me try. It is called "Fastball" I am about out of it and need to find some more.

spray fastball on and wipe it with a rag and it will even remove the clean streaks or stains. Before I was buffing them out.

Best stuff I have ever seen.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: What are you guys using to clean your trailer?? - 05/26/10 09:56 AM

I may try some. Thanks!

http://www.ourstoresonline.com/fastball.html
© 2024 Moparts Forums