Moparts

CRT Ten O Rule Changes

Posted By: eddie_ccevents

CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/17/10 02:55 PM

With the first event in the books and being able to witness first hand the .400 tree with Courtesy Staging and the growing amount of Deep stagers in the class the time has come for a rules chance.

My reasoning for this is simple we need to eliminate the Large margin that now exsist for error and problems. With the courtesy staging and the growing number of people who are wanting to deep stage I can see nothing but problems with the staging process going forward as we had a few issues this weekend. If we do auto start the deep staging the Deep stager will hold the power to take his time and auto start the other racer. With the manual tree the starter can make a mistake and start the tree to soon before the deep stager is in. With all that being said we all know that people are trying to deep stage to get a better reaction time because of the .400 tree.

So the Rules for the CRT Ten O Shootout will now be a .500 Pro Tree with Courtesy Staging and NO DEEP STAGING.
Thank You
Eddie Blankenship
Posted By: challenger1320

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/17/10 03:26 PM

I for one like the new rule!
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/17/10 04:11 PM

Quote:

So the Rules for the CRT Ten O Shootout will now be a .500 Pro Tree
Eddie Blankenship

I have been saying this for years. But others thought they knew better. This was how it was the first year, and that started interest in the class.

Good luck getting people to come back.

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/17/10 04:21 PM

440Jim thank you for the I told you so. We where 36 entrys strong with this past event. Had over 40 at Norwalk to end last year.With the .400 pro tree. So with the rule chance we should double the field right??
I hope to see you at the Curt George event next month. If I remeber right that was the last event you came to and you sent me a PRIVATE MESSAGE telling me you had a great time. These new rules rules will be in effect at that event so this race should be right in your wheel house. So i invite you to come over and mix it up with the guys who have Supported this class from the start.
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/17/10 06:04 PM

Coming from a 3x champ in this class I will say that I fully support this decision and look forward to some much closer racing at the stripe.

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/17/10 06:05 PM

Oh yeah I forgot, I can't wait to hear all the cry babies now complaining about the use of delay boxes.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/17/10 06:25 PM

Quote:

Oh yeah I forgot, I can't wait to hear all the cry babies now complaining about the use of delay boxes.

I'll give credit where it's due and thats to anyone that can slow an 8 second car or faster to 10.0 with any control,foot,mechanical or electrical.And as far as any rules,I think the racers and sponsers who partisipate and support the series should be the ones who decide.It should be up to CRT and the 10.0 racers to agree.It certainly is a riot to watch that race. and I don't see it losing any steam,more of the BGR racers are taking interest also.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/17/10 06:27 PM

Outstanding!!! This will definitely level the playing field. I love the rule change. We definitely had a great field of cars but the tube chassis cars had the advantage. I think I may have been the only stock framerail car left at 5 cars and believe me it took some trickery to get on the bulb.

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/17/10 08:23 PM

Quote:

440Jim thank you for the I told you so. We where 36 entrys strong with this past event. Had over 40 at Norwalk to end last year.With the .400 pro tree. So with the rule chance we should double the field right??

Thanks for the acknowlagement.
I think with the right rules, you should be able to attract all your Pro class that can run 10.0-quicker, plus all your Super Pro class that can run 10.0-quicker. The concept is terrific, and the racers are already attending the event, plus any new market share.

But it won't happen in 1 event. It will take years to earn that market share. And the economy isn't booming, yet...
Posted By: big johnson moto

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/17/10 10:45 PM

Quote:

[quote I'll give credit where it's due and thats to anyone that can slow an 8 second car or faster to 10.0 with any control,foot,mechanical or electrical.And as far as any rules,I think the racers and sponsers who partisipate and support the series should be the ones who decide.It should be up to CRT and the 10.0 racers to agree.It certainly is a riot to watch that race. and I don't see it losing any steam,more of the BGR racers are taking interest also.

"mechanical or electrical"?? I guess I'am confussed? do you mean like a throttle stop? thought we couldn't use them ? I had a hard enough time slowing down from mid 9's. how do you do it from the 8's ???
Posted By: ben1692

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/17/10 10:48 PM

talent!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/18/10 12:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

[quote I'll give credit where it's due and thats to anyone that can slow an 8 second car or faster to 10.0 with any control,foot,mechanical or electrical.And as far as any rules,I think the racers and sponsers who partisipate and support the series should be the ones who decide.It should be up to CRT and the 10.0 racers to agree.It certainly is a riot to watch that race. and I don't see it losing any steam,more of the BGR racers are taking interest also.

"mechanical or electrical"?? I guess I'am confussed? do you mean like a throttle stop? thought we couldn't use them ? I had a hard enough time slowing down from mid 9's. how do you do it from the 8's ???

Is a throttle stop allowed off the starting line and not down track ?Air Mechanical with a timer ?
I'm confused
Clarify please Or is any device allowed to be on carb linkage ?
Their seem to havebeen a conflict at another CRT 10.0 MMW race last year .
thanks Don

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/18/10 12:58 AM

No electronic devices timed for throttle control allowed. you can use linkage limiters, trhottle pedal limiters, but not throttle stops of the air controlled ar electic versions. You may also use air shifters which can have rpm activated control.
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/18/10 01:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I put a grease fitting on the piviot point of the gas petal to keep it from catching fire from being on and off the trottle and got to race Eric in the semis, I also agree this is a needed rule change to help level the field for the heavier cars. It is extremly hard to slow down an 8 secound car to 10.00, more luck than cents, but a lot of fun trying. Big Dog

Attached picture 5988315-DSC01335.JPG
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/18/10 10:32 AM

I encluded all types,allowed or not.I guess I forgot everyone plays "fair"
Posted By: B3422W5

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/18/10 10:34 PM

its nice to see after i( me personally and pretty much alone) said last year it should be a .500 tree that now everybody thinks it suddenly is a great idea, after whipping me like a dog for saying it...it was .500 to begin with and never should have been changed in the first place....

by the time i get another car hopefully its still the same as it is now
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/18/10 10:38 PM

O now come on Don..there was some that agee with you..Even if you was wrong LOL...

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/18/10 10:59 PM

Quote:

O now come on Don..there was some that agee with you..Even if you was wrong LOL...

it was because of the politics of a couple of members who dont currently have anything to do with the class that it ever got changed to 400 from the original 500 in the first place that i had a problem with. one of them in particular i had a conversation about this with several years ago..everybody liked it how it originally was..it IS nice to see it is finally right..better late than never

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/18/10 11:13 PM

Now everyone knows why the rule was really changed.
The reasons I listed above where just a cover up.

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/18/10 11:35 PM

Quote:

read much, eddie??????

i said i was glad it got changed

i also said it was too bad it ever got changed from the 500 tree the class originally started out as in the first place, waqy back when the class was started...you are aware it started out as a 500 tree class, arent you??..if i am not mistaken that might have been before you were ever involved with it

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/18/10 11:37 PM

Quote:

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/18/10 11:47 PM

Don you must be one thin skinned person. With any good political deal there is a cover up.
Since those members whoever they maybe or where are gone I had to cover there tracks.
Yes Don I was there from jump start. John Cope had the guts to step up and put some money on the line for everyone to play in this class. We did it on a Friday night and then again on a Saturday. The next season it became a points class.
So since we are in the question mode. Who won the first Shootout which I believe was called the Moparts shootout right Don?

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/19/10 12:02 AM

Quote:

Don you must be one thin skinned person. With any good political deal there is a cover up.
Since those members whoever they maybe or where are gone I had to cover there tracks.
Yes Don I was there from jump start. John Cope had the guts to step up and put some money on the line for everyone to play in this class. We did it on a Friday night and then again on a Saturday. The next season it became a points class.
So since we are in the question mode. Who won the first Shootout which I believe was called the Moparts shootout right Don?

i was there, but i cant say as i remember..i remember racing 9sec phil and quickrunner in his blue runner, and that is about it....hey, i am old

i love the class, raced in it from the beginning, and always did, no matter the rules

i sure didnt ever consider it a way to pay my bills, just wanted it the most fair and fun for all racing in it...presently, that is exactly where you have gotten it, and i am tickled about that

now i dont have a car anymore

me thinskinned?? ..my skin is like rawhide..i own a car dealership, if you dont think selling cars, and being called a liar, cheat and you name it on a daily basis doesnt toughen one up..i will invite you up to work with me for a day..we will see who puts a gun to their head first ...lol
Posted By: 1BadLiLCharger

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/19/10 02:56 AM

Wasn't the original 10.0 winner, Tom Aratakis' son? (not sure on the last name....a guess) Red '69? Cuda.
Posted By: dOoC

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/19/10 03:05 AM

Hey Eddie ... how THIN is your skin ...OR hard is your head ? ....

You want a suggestion on how to LIVEN-UP your events ? .... OPEN UP the car-show and swap-meet areas to just a simple entry fee.

The "other" big event has been for quite-a-while very arrogant. Me thimks they need an attitude "adjustment" with some events that could put a "dent" in that crappy attitude.

And YOU have a line-up of events that could-do just-that.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/19/10 03:14 AM

Quote:

its nice to see after i( me personally and pretty much alone) said last year it should be a .500 tree that now everybody thinks it suddenly is a great idea, after whipping me like a dog for saying it...it was .500 to begin with and never should have been changed in the first place....

by the time i get another car hopefully its still the same as it is now

I believe I was onboard with you last year. I have been an advocate of it from the get go but thats only cause I wanted the rules to play more into my hands just like everyone else

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/19/10 01:47 PM

Quote:

Wasn't the original 10.0 winner, Tom Aratakis' son? (not sure on the last name....a guess) Red '69? Cuda.

Yes, it was Aratakis
Posted By: markz528

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/20/10 10:20 PM

Thank you!
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/21/10 01:05 AM

I put a grease fitting on the piviot point of the gas petal to keep it from catching fire from being on and off the trottle and got to race Eric in the semis, I also agree this is a needed rule change to help level the field for the heavier cars. It is extremly hard to slow down an 8 secound car to 10.00, more luck than cents, but a lot of fun trying. Big Dog

There you go again Larry, rubbing it in. For all that wasn't there, Larry showed me how well that grease fitting works in the first round. It got a lot of use against my turd. That deep staging takes my 10.0-10.teen turd to a 10.20 car in a hurry and i realized I was out classed at both ends of the track. Will I do it again? More then likely. I was LMAO while running Larry because I could he him jacking the throttle over my car.
As for the .500 tree, bring it on. Beep
Posted By: RickRoss

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/21/10 02:49 PM

great rule change.
Posted By: BigFish69

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/21/10 04:05 PM

That was Tom Aretakis jr that won the the first event
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/21/10 06:32 PM

GREAT now i have to worry about redlighting.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/21/10 06:59 PM

Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/22/10 10:40 AM

Quote:

I have an idea...why don't you atleast pay the entry fee for semi's at the PRP main event?....Last year there were three cars left and I walked away with $50....obviously you kept the other semi-finalist cash and I understand that...but 6 rounds of racing at an $85 race for a $50 payout is rather insulting. I attend that race mainly to support BGR and to see other Moparts members but I'm sure there are others who see the payout and stay home. .

I agree on the Payout!!!..
As far as the rule Change I agree with that as well. As I was in the middle of the race that brought this up. the guy in the photo will be impressed or will he!!..

Attached picture 5996542-P9180027.JPG

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/22/10 11:01 AM

Quote:

I have an idea...why don't you atleast pay the entry fee for semi's at the PRP main event?....Last year there were three cars left and I walked away with $50....obviously you kept the other semi-finalist cash and I understand that...but 6 rounds of racing at an $85 race for a $50 payout is rather insulting. I attend that race mainly to support BGR and to see other Moparts members but I'm sure there are others who see the payout and stay home.

At my local track's weekly race:
Footbrake: Win 2nd round (3rd round losers), you get 75% of entry, win 3rd round and you get 150% of your entry.
Electronics: Win 2nd round (3rd round losers), you get 80% of entry, win 3rd round and you get 160% of your entry.

Page 5 has payouts:
http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/rules/pdf/2010/10_et_series.pdf
Posted By: Lil Wedge

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/22/10 12:19 PM

I agree, this year we got to last 3 in Pro, 7 rounds in and got $75.00 with a $70.00 entry, my Son's Girlfriend runs Sportsman, get to semi's also but in the 6th round wins same amount with 1 round less and $50.00 dollar entry?

Re: CRT Ten O Rule Changes - 05/22/10 01:09 PM

Somehow they need to cover the cost of a multiday event. But a hard core racer with limited money to spend, and a local tow, would rather see something like $50 for the Sunday only race with 1 time trial, and $20 for the test passes on Sat (optional). But no matter how you slice it, $75 for semifinals is weak in an 8 round race (semi=7th).

There is a "Raider ET Challenge" mini series (8 races) near me that is a huge success. All races are 2-day double header weekends (1 race Sat, 1 Sun):
4 races at Maryland International Raceway
2 races at Virginia Motorsports Park
2 races at Richmond Dragway

Typical 8 round races (big turnout).
http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/flyers/event/pdf/2010/10_raider_brochure.pdf
MOD ET: $2000 WIN, $500 R/U, $150 Semi, $25 round money, $44.50 each race ($89 for weekend 2 races)
TOP ET: $5000 WIN, $1000 R/U, $250 Semi, $40 round money, $84.50 each race ($169 for weekend 2 races)
So in TOP, sixth round loser gets $160, which is double your entry fee; and the Semis get 3 times entry

Last year in one of those I went to the finals in MOD ET and got $900 for R/U.
As I recall we pulled some money down and it went like this:
$1100 Winner
$ 900 R/U
$ 300 Semis (7th round, 2 racers lost)
$ 200 Quarters (6th round, 4 racers lost)
$ 75 5th round losers
$ 50 4th round losers
$ 25 3rd round losers (pays $25 round starting 2nd round WIN)
© 2024 Moparts Forums