Moparts

6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT

Posted By: 10secGTX

6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/12/10 11:15 PM

Lets not forget our good friend and fallen Officer Gary Davis. Post The GOOD times one of my favorites !!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/styleelements#p/u/12/8JgoBG7z_OU
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/12/10 11:37 PM

RIP

I never saw that vid before, did you both run 11.11? Too cool
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/12/10 11:59 PM

Posted By: ProSport

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 12:10 AM

The first time I met Gary in person was at a Norwalk Classic event. He asked me if I'd drive to the other side of the track and get his EZ-UP tent, and tossed me the keys to his Chally. It drove like a brand new car. What an awesome person he was, still miss him.
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 12:26 AM

I've never met Gary in person....but I bought some parts off him and they showed up to my house before I even had a chance to mail him the money.

Gary was always the man of reason around here....and was the first to help if he could. We traded a lot of PM's and he was a great guy and is sorely missed. There are mopar guys that live around here... half way across the country from where he lived and they still talk about him and his awesome car.
Posted By: Leigh

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 12:27 AM

Thank you for sharing that, Dave. Great story. Nice folks.
Leigh
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 05/13/10 12:32 AM

Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 12:39 AM

Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 01:26 AM

Glad I saved the link to the tribute vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBg7o06eKC0&feature=player_embedded

I never knew him and now I know we were in the same events a number of times and that bothers me a little.

Rest In Peace Gary
Posted By: Sport440

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 01:29 AM

Quote:

He sure did like my chicken wings ....People like Gary leave a legacy....not all of us can say that when our time has come....

He sure did!! The First time I met him was at the Norwalk Classic event. He was admiring my Souped up Golf cart I had there, So I said hey take it for a ride and he did.

After coming back with a Big smile he was adament about making sure I would come back to have some of "Erics Wings" later that evening.

There were alot of Members there that day and I felt he played a Big Role in bringing them All Together.

Eric was there with his Winny, Wings, and his Green Duster

Bob/Prosport and Challenger Rick!, Fran/10sec GTX and Rich/Sunroof, 440 Jim, Calculating stuff and Many, Many, Many others.

Gary was the catalist that bought alot of us together at that event. Even though ,I never made it back to try Erics wings and hang around.

Im glad I had the Priviledge of meeting him and shall always miss him. mike
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 01:36 AM

6 years ago? Somehow it feels like it was a lifetime ago that he was on the board. Anyone know where his car ever ended up or did his family keep it?
Posted By: Labratt

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 03:12 AM

R.I.P. Officer Davis! You will NEVER be forgotten!
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 03:27 AM

I had just joined the board a month before Gary Died...he would PM me as if we had known each other for a long time...we would discuss different setups and he explained his car in detail to me...I miss him on here..
Posted By: FY1TA

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 03:39 AM

Gary built the 408 stroker in my AAR Cuda . Good man gone way to early .
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 03:39 AM

Never met him in person but a GREAT friend!!!! He would ALWAYS answer his phone when I would call with problems with my duster. He even rebuilt my carb with a PRO-FORM body and didnt charge me a dime!!! A true HERO in my book and TRUELY missed!!!!
I will see you one day my friend.
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 04:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMtHXT9YlPY

My UN tribute, sorry U-tube took out the music. I think this is only a portion. I do have these.

Diego
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 04:13 AM

Hard to believe it has been 6 years already. Then again it is hard to believe I have been on Moparts for 12 years already.
Posted By: 10secGTX

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 06:31 AM

TT
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 09:43 AM

I knew Gary for a while(not long enough) but I was
fortunate to have been able to help him out... when
Gary wanted to take his car to the Detroit hotrod
show he asked if he could borrow my enclosed trailer
of course I said no problem...this was the show that
his car was in the magazine... he was quite thankful
for the use of it......... RIP
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 09:46 AM

he is missed by all
Posted By: tboomer

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 01:38 PM

Never met him in person...We exchanged lots of pms and e-mails..Even yakked a couple of times on the phone...Heckuva nice guy...He touched everyone with kindness...Gary is still deeply missed...RIP,Officer Davis....
Posted By: sunroofgtx

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 04:52 PM

Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 05:44 PM

I do not want to open old wounds for anyone, I don't remember if it was posted on how and when he died and his history of his work on Moparts. I would like to know, if anyone wants to post it on here or PM me with that information. Maybe a permenent tribute posting on here about him and what he did on and off the job and what he did on here would help everyone, especailly the new members, know who and what he was and why this forum is named for him
Posted By: Prostock

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 06:35 PM

Several years in a row we pitted beside each other at Norwalk and had a cookout. Everyone always had a great time, and I know I always looked forward to it.

He is missed.
Posted By: Scotts72Rallye

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 07:06 PM

I went to my first Mopar Nats with my #1 goal being to see Gary's car and ask him a few questions about it. I saw it in a parking lot on Brice with a few other Mopars but didn't get the chance to meet Gary. The car is perfect in my eyes.
Scott

Attached picture 5980667-Unlawflrear.jpg
Posted By: MIKES_DUSTER

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 07:09 PM

Quote:

The car is prefect in my eyes.
Scott

TOTALLY!!!!!!
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: 6 YEARS AGO TONIGHT - 05/13/10 08:28 PM

First time i met him was when he came over to my house to help me degree in the cam on my Charger,,,had only met him on Moparts,,,and was having trouble getting the cam correct,,,he stopped over,,,and helped me.

Sometime later,,He called me and said,,"hey,i have some old slicks and rims if you want,,,good price",, I picked them up at his house,,,before leaving he insisted on taking us for a ride in the Challenger,,,my son and I got the ride of our life,,,some small side roads,,,going side ways,,,smoke all over the place,,this was when his car was green with a silver side stripe.

We went to the first moparts party at his house,,,drove the Charger there,,,and burnt a plug wire in the process,,,next thing ya know,,he finds a new wire,,,and puts it on the car,,,,"dont worry about it"

He also said,,,"you know,,when you leave,,,you have to do the serimonial burnout on the driveway",,,no problem,,,tires screeching as i left the house....

Was on Woodward Ave,,,1 week before he died,,,we hung out at 13 and Woodward,,,have a picture of him and his car and mine.....

Drove to work at Beaumont Hospital,,,May 13th,,am,,,and,,doing my Internal Medicine and GI fellowship there,,,,,always cut through the ER to get to my office,,,,tons of police cars in the ER lot that am,,hmmm,,,
My brother in law was on that night as well,,,works as a ER trauma nurse,,,,usually i stop and talk a bit in the AM with him,,as i pass thru the ER ,,, he yelled to me ,,, as i ran down the hall,,,but i was late,,,and couldnt talk that AM,,,, Apparently he had taken care of a Police Officer that died a few hours prior,,, and a drunk driver as well,,, and was just coming off shift to tell me about his night,,,,i didnt know it at the time,,,but it was Gary he took care of ... My wife called me a hour later in clinic,,,and said,,,did you hear a Police Officer got killed ?,,,i said,,no,,but there were alot of cars at work,,,,she said,,,,Doug,,,that was Gary Davis !!!
Couldnt believe it,,,,i had ran by that morning,,,usually stop,,but didnt,,,,and he was there,,,,

Went to the Funeral,,,took the Charger,,,was in the procession,,,put the "180" on the window as did everyone else,,,,TONS of cops,fireman,,etc,,,,very said,,,,

Jack Irons started Garys car at the grave site,,,,pretty sureal,,,it was very quiet,,,and off in a distance,,,you heard the car roar to life,,,gun the throttle a few times,,,and then nothing,,,, last time i heard the car run....

Those are some of my memories,,,,
I didnt know him as well as most people,,,like Jack, Steff, Bubba,etc,,,but thought alot of him,,and thought he was a great guy,,

Doug
© 2024 Moparts Forums