Moparts

Super stock spring question

Posted By: fiddlestix

Super stock spring question - 05/08/10 02:11 PM

Can anyone tell me if super stock springs with the b-body front hangers will change my wheel base? I am changing to Dana 60 in an otherwise stock Challenger.
Posted By: jp66charger

Re: Super stock spring question - 05/08/10 02:34 PM

Don't know much about E bodies, but I can tell you that super stock springs have a 20" front segment, same as factory A body. In a B body car you need to order a longer front perch to compensate for shorter front segment. I can only assume it would be the same for the challenger, but Mancini could answer that question with one phone call. Good luck, JP.
Posted By: 446acuda

Re: Super stock spring question - 05/08/10 02:38 PM

Quote:

Don't know much about E bodies, but I can tell you that super stock springs have a 20" front segment, same as factory A body. In a B body car you need to order a longer front perch to compensate for shorter front segment. I can only assume it would be the same for the challenger, but Mancini could answer that question with one phone call. Good luck, JP.

'65-up b and all E have 22" front segment so will need the 2" extended hanger to use superstock springs with a 20" front segment.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: Super stock spring question - 05/08/10 02:55 PM

fiddlesticks
You will need the 2" longer front spring perch for the S/S spring with the 20" front segment.

....and no it will not change your wheelbase
Posted By: fiddlestix

Re: Super stock spring question - 05/08/10 04:34 PM

Thanks guys. That helps!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums