Moparts

Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers?

Posted By: 69dart

Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/06/10 07:15 PM

I was thinking about picking one up at Jegs to replace my open 1" spacer. Has anyone tested one - they state 10-50HP gain ...but we all know how that goes. http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15420/10002/-1?parentProductId=751906

Do these card spacers make a difference or are they like the Splitfire plugs and the magic Tornado?
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/06/10 07:47 PM

I have one on my 363 Small Block it was worth a couple horsepower when we dynoed the motor I don`t remember how much, 8 - 12 hp maybe. My motor liked it.

Attached File
Posted By: 493_DART

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/06/10 08:35 PM

Parts like these should come with a money back guarantee. It sure better do something for $85
Posted By: BobR

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/06/10 08:44 PM

Quote:

I was thinking about picking one up at Jegs to replace my open 1" spacer. Has anyone tested one - they state 10-50HP gain ...but we all know how that goes. http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/15420/10002/-1?parentProductId=751906

Do these card spacers make a difference or are they like the Splitfire plugs and the magic Tornado?

Absolutely depends on the combo. Some like it a lot and others not at all. As far as hipo parts having guarantees. I've spent thousands just this year on stuff that has yet to amount to anything.
Posted By: rt66jim

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/06/10 08:54 PM

On my W2 headed 416 with an Indy intake. I gained .3 and 3 mph with one. With a Victor W2 on the same motor couldn't tell a difference over a 4 hole spacer. The 4 hole spacer on the same combo was .15 and 1.5 mph better than a open spacer. Neither manifold had been touched it the top. I believe that was a problem with the Indy intake and why the spacer helped it so much. Jim

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/06/10 09:15 PM

I've never had any trouble returning anything at Jegs. That's one of the main reason I spend so much $$$ there. Of course I'm close enough to go there in person and most of the employees are fellow racers.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/06/10 09:33 PM

Mine was on a Victor W2 also.

Attached File
Posted By: 604 Hemi GTX

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/06/10 09:50 PM

It made 12hp on the dyno for me.4150 style hvh super sucker.
Posted By: 727builder

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/06/10 09:59 PM

A friend put one on his 416 indy headed duster. Didnt gain any et.
Guess he was the super sucker.
Posted By: Pale_Roader

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/07/10 12:32 PM

Quote:

they state 10-50HP gain ...

I still have a brand new 2" one in the box. When the Charger is back on the road i'm hoping i get the 'full 50HP'... haha

The 1" non-tapered 4-holer made a huge difference on my stockish 440 and Holley SD. Hoping to get something out ov it...

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/07/10 05:59 PM

Well I picked one up today so I'll try it this weekend and post the results.
Posted By: RyanJ

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/07/10 06:26 PM

Every motor I have ever put one on, on dyno has picked up power/TQ..... usually 5-8 gain. Never seen a motor on dyno that did not pick up something W/ one.
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/07/10 06:30 PM

Quote:

Every motor I have ever put one on, on dyno has picked up power/TQ..... usually 5-8 gain. Never seen a motor on dyno that did not pick up something W/ one.

Good to know. I'm sure it's manifold specific as to how much gain is realised, but it sounds like a good investment for the return most of the time. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/07/10 06:31 PM

I've been thinking about getting one of those too....
Posted By: moparacer

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/07/10 06:55 PM

This is the one I want to try on my 400-3 indy intake with a 1 inch cloverleaf.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BRO-HVSS4500-CLO/?rtype=10

Attached picture 5969335-spacer.jpg
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/08/10 03:36 AM

I plan on buying this one in the next couple weeks.
Posted By: ProSport

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/08/10 03:37 AM

Pic

Attached picture 5970230-ctr-85-218_w.jpg
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/08/10 03:48 AM

As with many other added/changed parts, don't forget that you may need to rejet the carb for optimun results.
Posted By: 340_Dart

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/08/10 05:41 AM

You guys let me know what happens I'm looking for an extra .1 out of my car, and one of these on my 4500 flange converted indy intake just might do it...
Posted By: Leon441

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/08/10 01:40 PM

I never had any luck racing them Dynos.

You show me something worth some ET and that what I'm buying.

I run a super sucker but it was worth nothing in ET.
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/08/10 01:52 PM

buddy of mine got one
i think its a gimmick

dynos mean absolutly 0 to me
its what it runs at the track
all that matters
Posted By: Crizila

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/08/10 02:04 PM

I run a Wilson 1" 4 hole taper spacer on my 408. For sure I gained 1" between the carb and manifold
Posted By: FlyFish

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/08/10 02:35 PM

I see a lot of folks running the 1" spacers...anyone using the 2" spacers? I have been considering a 2" to go on my Air-gap.

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/09/10 11:40 PM

I didn't really get a good test this weekend. I'll try it again next weekend. I messed with the float level when I changed the spacer and the car bogged after launch really bad. So I returned everything back since 1st round was coming. Plus the wind was rediculous so I doubt 5-10 HP would have been noticeable with 50 MPH wind gusts.
Posted By: earthmover

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/09/10 11:56 PM

69dart can you please exp. played with the flaots ...i did some work to my duster and it started with a bogg and would like to hear more on the flaot deal....also when you add a spacer how much jet would be needed i know most are diff. but what 1/2 sizes...sorry about asking ??? on your post but i want to go to a diff. spacer aswell got 1" open now and want to try 4 hole

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/10/10 12:22 AM

I thought the floats were set too high on the front bowl so I lowered it down. But I was a dummy because the car wasn't on level ground and I messed it all up. After the bog run I parked on level ground and raised it back up (set to where fuel just trickles out of the sight plug).

The car ran 6.68 1st T/T - 6.89 bog - Went 6.71 on 6.69 for 1st Round - Then 6.73 on 6.71 for 2nd round. Wasn't real consistent but we had rediculous wind to contend with. It sprinkled just before 2nd round so she was moving around a bit. The weather was just terrible so I really wasn't too upset to pack up and head home.
Posted By: 572charger

Re: Anyone test "Super Sucker"/ HVH tapered carb spacers? - 05/11/10 10:44 AM

had one on my hemi and it picked up over no spacer ,but then i took it off and installed a open 1" spacer and picked up my 60' 1.39 to a 1.37 i did this at the track back to back runs!! my car never 60' that good ever before so i know for a fact it was the spacer ,hey pro sport i'll lend ya my super sucker hvc ,if u want to try it !!! i think every ones car is different even if some one says" it" does'nt work i try it on mine cause it usually does !!
© 2024 Moparts Forums