Moparts

Big Thanks to Bill and Al

Posted By: RT540

Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/25/10 02:51 PM

For helping me check out a 25.1e chassi close to LA.
Al Alquire almost went there, but we couldnīt agree on the price at the time, then two weeks later Bill ( Lil Demon) checked out the chassi for me.

Wayne in Fl helped out with some good advice and I owe all three a couple of cold once

I will post more pics of the car once I get more time to clean the inside and out from shipping dust. I am going out of town working tomorrow and will be out all week.

Thanks
Tom
Posted By: Bigcube

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/25/10 02:56 PM

Nice Tom! What kind of car is it?
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/25/10 03:03 PM

Looks pretty sweet from what I can see....Congrats, can't wait to see & hear more

Rickster
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/25/10 03:06 PM

cute kid Tom, it must look like it's mother what did you end up with? you putting the B1 motor in it?
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/25/10 03:52 PM

Tom you are welcome for sure. Oh yeah he ended up with a very nice car for a very nice price

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/25/10 04:24 PM

Hi guys,

Itīs a Jerry Haas built F-bird from -97.
It was original built for Tony Rizzo, but he only took it to a test track and then decided he wanted to race the New Pro Stock truck class instead. Jerry traided the F-bird in to build Tony a truck.
Jerry raced this car himself in NHRA Pro Stock, I donīt think it was so many races. The car had a Steve Schmidt engine at the time.
He only quailfied once in -99. ( this info was given me over the phone with Mary, who I bought the car from, so I hope this is correct, from my memory).

Jim, Rickster, I will post more info and pics, after I cleaned the car, both inside and out, I have removed all sheets from the floor today, but didnīt have time to wash them.
Thanks for asking.

Tony, Yes she got the good looks from my wife
Yes it will be my 540 with the B1 original heads.

Al, itīs tells a lot, when you still turn to members here for help, when you are buying a brand x car.
My best internet friends are on Moparts.

Hereīs an old pict. when Jerry was driving the car himself.

Posted By: Lil Demon

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/28/10 03:54 PM

Tom - you are more than welcome. I crawled all over and under that thing - it is a REALLY nice car.
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/28/10 04:20 PM

Hey Tom,
Looks a nice piece of Kit, should fly with your B1's

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/29/10 08:33 AM

Hi Bill !

You did a great job, the report and pics from your visit convinced me to buy this car.
I am pretty sure that a Avenger or Dakota Pro Stock truck would have set me back some 10-15K more, of which I didnīt have available.
A new paint job next winter, and I will have a very nice pro stock chassi with carbonfiber body parts.

In regards of fitting in the driver seat, I will have my legs more bent than in the Coronet, but I thereīs is plenty room for me to fit. I will have no problem driving this car.
Thanks again Bill

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/29/10 08:43 AM

Hi Mark !

Thanks, here is another pict. from when the car was racing.
Posted By: MrSixpack

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/29/10 08:51 AM

Brand X

What have you done Tom

Naw.. it looks great, are you going south for any races this year, I will be at Mantorp.

Good Luck with both car and family

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/29/10 09:16 AM

Hej Jocke !

Thanks, this summer, I will be happy just to make some T&T races up here in N Sweden without Nos, just to start somewhere.
Next summer will be different, as I plan to run PS with 7.60 index.
Are you racing your SS challenger at Mantorp ?

/Tom
Posted By: MrSixpack

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/29/10 12:40 PM

Yes I will run in SS but with my old engine, the new one is taking a lot of time to get right.
On this one we will take no shortcuts, only the absolut best is good enough.

Take care Tom.

Jocke
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/29/10 03:03 PM

Congrats on the new hot rod! It looks like you are stepping up the program nicely. Anytime you can get a former prostock car you doing something right.
Posted By: B1CUDA

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/29/10 03:53 PM

I know that car well. I know that Lee & Mary have had it for sale for a while. The only mishap that I ever saw with that car, was at a Vegas event, where Mary rattled the tire real bad, and it broke the rearend. The car was just past the 60 foot mark, and did not hit the wall. Knowing Lee & Mary, the car was put back together with the best parts available. Good luck to you!

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/29/10 05:55 PM

Quote:

Congrats on the new hot rod! It looks like you are stepping up the program nicely. Anytime you can get a former prostock car you doing something right.

Thanks Dave, how fare have you come with your Avenger chassi.

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/29/10 05:58 PM

Quote:

I know that car well. I know that Lee & Mary have had it for sale for a while. The only mishap that I ever saw with that car, was at a Vegas event, where Mary rattled the tire real bad, and it broke the rearend. The car was just past the 60 foot mark, and did not hit the wall. Knowing Lee & Mary, the car was put back together with the best parts available. Good luck to you!

They bought a brand new third member from MW and Mary didnīt tell me why, now I know why. Thanks for sharing the info.
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/29/10 10:20 PM

Quote:

Hi Mark !

Thanks, here is another pict. from when the car was racing

Looks even better Tom Good luck with your new venture, I am sure you will do well.
All the best,
Mark . . .
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/30/10 03:06 AM

Quote:

Hey Tom,
Looks a nice piece of Kit, should fly with your B1's

It will be nice to see a Mopar powered GM product for a change! Best wishes and good luck with the new motor, Tom.

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/30/10 07:09 AM

Thanks for the kudos, Mark and Dave

This weekend, I will try fit an old 440 block and pg to see if my old headers will fit.
Also make cad drawings for a new motorplate and midplate.

/Tom
Posted By: MegaDart

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/30/10 11:12 AM

Nice to see if survived the long swim!! Best of luck with it Tom and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed mine. One thing I learned the more power you hit them with the better they drive. My bird flew north and landed in Michigan.

Re: Big Thanks to Bill and Al - 04/30/10 05:49 PM

Hi Wayne,
Yes it did make it across the pond, only thing that was evident from the long boat trip, was that every little scratch of paint missing had started to rust, so I spent the first two days buffing and polishing does areas, which will get a coat of car wax on them for this summer.
I e-mailed Haas and got the PPG paint code today, so I can order some paint, but it will a project for next long cold winter.

Thanks Wayne, for all the good help this winter.
/Tom
© 2024 Moparts Forums