Moparts

Blown motors and roller lifters.............

Posted By: Thumperdart

Blown motors and roller lifters............. - 04/23/10 09:11 PM

A buddy om mine is building a BB Chevy(I know)for a local racer and was checking on different sites about the best lifter for that application and got several different opinions so I thaught I`d hit you guys up. He was curious about the new Red-Zones piece that uses a bushing instead of needle bearings also.........anyone have any hands-on experience or know of a lifter for this application? Thankxx guys...........
Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Blown motors and roller lifters............. - 04/23/10 10:08 PM

get the block bushed to .904 and use the crower maximus dropins.
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: Blown motors and roller lifters............. - 04/23/10 10:11 PM

Quote:

A buddy om mine is building a BB Chevy(I know)for a local racer and was checking on different sites about the best lifter for that application and got several different opinions so I thaught I`d hit you guys up. He was curious about the new Red-Zones piece that uses a bushing instead of needle bearings also.........anyone have any hands-on experience or know of a lifter for this application? Thankxx guys...........

How aggressive of lobes?
Spring pressures open and closed?
RPM?
Boost?

The blown chevy's we've done, I just use Comp's premium lifter.
However...if he's doing over 900lbs. open pressure and over 20lbs. of boost, and maybe 7500rpm or more then Morel's are what I would use.
Brian

Re: Blown motors and roller lifters............. - 04/23/10 10:14 PM

Quote:

get the block bushed to .904 and use the crower maximus dropins.

He already had em bushed for the .904 so I`ll pass that on.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Blown motors and roller lifters............. - 04/23/10 10:18 PM

Race or street and how much boost and RPMs?

Re: Blown motors and roller lifters............. - 04/23/10 10:50 PM

Full on race car but I don`t have specs however, he`s going to check out my post later so maybe he`ll chime in.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Blown motors and roller lifters............. - 04/24/10 12:20 AM

Quote:

Full on race car but I don`t have specs however, he`s going to check out my post later so maybe he`ll chime in.

Not cheap but Jesel keyways are the ONLY lifter that Jason will put in our Ford.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Blown motors and roller lifters............. - 04/24/10 01:37 AM

I would think the bushing would be the way to go, a buddy of mine ,also big block chevy just broke a roller , needle bearings went through the pickup screen into the pump which locked up , then screwing the dizzy right off the intake. $$$$ Tear down, Replace cam, pump, gear on dizzy, heli coil intake , gaskets etc. Yeh, bushings.

Posted By: BobR

Re: Blown motors and roller lifters............. - 04/24/10 03:04 AM

Quote:

I would think the bushing would be the way to go, a buddy of mine ,also big block chevy just broke a roller , needle bearings went through the pickup screen into the pump which locked up , then screwing the dizzy right off the intake. $$$$ Tear down, Replace cam, pump, gear on dizzy, heli coil intake , gaskets etc. Yeh, bushings.

Good lifters don't do that. We have never had a lifter failure of any kind and we run a lot of cam, a lot of spring pressure and 9800 RPM.
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Blown motors and roller lifters............. - 04/24/10 03:10 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Good lifters don't do that. We have never had a lifter failure of any kind and we run a lot of cam, a lot of spring pressure and 9800 RPM.

Bob,

How many laps before the lifters get replaced? Not everyone can afford to change a $2500+ set of lifters every 30 laps.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Blown motors and roller lifters............. - 04/24/10 03:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

He doesn't run cheep stuff and they were not that old. I think it was one of those freek deals. Just a tad under .800 lift and 7400 rpm's

© 2024 Moparts Forums