Moparts

U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! *DELETED*

Posted By: stevet340

U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! *DELETED* - 04/22/10 02:58 PM

Post deleted by stevet340
Posted By: LAR_414

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/22/10 03:02 PM

That stinks,....I was thinking of driving out and running in this event for the fun of it. It's one of the tracks that I consider within driving distance for me, since I don't trailer. I don't like racing 8th mile, so I won't go.

Wonder what happend?

Hope the same thing doesn't happen at the PID reunion race (at PRP) in Sept that is supposed to be a stop for UMTR as well. I plan on driving out and running at that event, for sure!
Posted By: 68LAR

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/22/10 05:09 PM

If true, I'll be racing at PRP that weekend then. I was all set to go to Quaker City. What a bummer.
Posted By: 1974 474 Duster

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/22/10 06:05 PM

Wow BIG surprise a disagreement w/Quaker management. It will be the death of a great track, the management that is. See ya, Ken

Attached picture 5940911-09Norwalk.jpg
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! *DELETED* - 04/22/10 07:48 PM

Post deleted by sixpakdodge

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! *DELETED* - 04/22/10 09:43 PM

Posted By: KillerBee

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/22/10 11:23 PM

Hmmm,
I wasn't planning on going to Quaker but Magnolia is very close to me.
There just might be 61 plus stick shift cars racing that day at Magnolia

Attached picture 5941353-launch.jpg
Posted By: mike67net

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 12:25 AM

Quote:

Hmmm,
I wasn't planning on going to Quaker but Magnolia is very close to me.
There just might be 61 plus stick shift cars racing that day at Magnolia

By all means, do. We need more Mopars! We have a lot of fun, they are a good bunch to race with.

Mike
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 12:32 AM

Quote:

Dear Sixpack dodge,
Now I don't care about Quaker City at all! I ran the U.M.T.R races held there when I could. I wasn't at the race there last year because I broke the engine, kick a rod out the oil pan, the week before running my car AT Quaker City! Funny, I don't recall seeing YOU there on that Friday night??? The year before I broke the rearend the week before the U.M.T.R race there running my car AT Quaker City! Again, where were you??? I try to race more than one day a week when I can, do you??? The U.M.T.R race before that I broke the transmission AT the U.M.T.R race AT quaker City! The race before that I was working and couldn't make it. Yes, I tend to break stuff on my car, not many 9200 RPM 9.2 second 2950lb 340 cubic inch smallblocks don't break stuff now and then, especially when you race as much as I do at other tracks that want you to make runs in your car, parts tend to wear out and break. I use to race there a lot more, I have seen your car there a few times so PLEASE don't make it out like I have never been there, I was racing there when you were still in diapers sucking on a binkie. Best of luck there, with the extremely low car counts compared to other tracks,I'm sure you will make it past the first round at least once this season in your 10 second 2100lb with driver 500 cubic inch car... And to think that I was actually considering going there tomarrow (Friday) night before I heard the U.M.T.R race was cancelled! I am pretty sure there are other tracks open tomarrow that will accept my entry fee and let me actually run my car down the track for the spectators to see... Keep looking over your shoulder, I may show up there someday when I have low self esteem and need a quick pick me up... I'm sure I will have no problem putting you on the trailer along with all the other sitting ducks that only run there and think that Quaker City is the greatest... You really should come with me sometime to see the other side of racing and how much fun it really can be running your car down the track...

WOW Do you have a large mirror that you look in when your ready to race??I can feel that ego from here
Posted By: all spooled up

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 12:39 AM

stevet340 can you post your combo for all us small block guys
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 12:53 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Dear Sixpack dodge,
Now I don't care about Quaker City at all! I ran the U.M.T.R races held there when I could. I wasn't at the race there last year because I broke the engine, kick a rod out the oil pan, the week before running my car AT Quaker City! Funny, I don't recall seeing YOU there on that Friday night??? The year before I broke the rearend the week before the U.M.T.R race there running my car AT Quaker City! Again, where were you??? I try to race more than one day a week when I can, do you??? The U.M.T.R race before that I broke the transmission AT the U.M.T.R race AT quaker City! The race before that I was working and couldn't make it. Yes, I tend to break stuff on my car, not many 9200 RPM 9.2 second 2950lb 340 cubic inch smallblocks don't break stuff now and then, especially when you race as much as I do at other tracks that want you to make runs in your car, parts tend to wear out and break. I use to race there a lot more, I have seen your car there a few times so PLEASE don't make it out like I have never been there, I was racing there when you were still in diapers sucking on a binkie. Best of luck there, with the extremely low car counts compared to other tracks,I'm sure you will make it past the first round at least once this season in your 10 second 2100lb with driver 500 cubic inch car... And to think that I was actually considering going there tomarrow (Friday) night before I heard the U.M.T.R race was cancelled! I am pretty sure there are other tracks open tomarrow that will accept my entry fee and let me actually run my car down the track for the spectators to see... Keep looking over your shoulder, I may show up there someday when I have low self esteem and need a quick pick me up... I'm sure I will have no problem putting you on the trailer along with all the other sitting ducks that only run there and think that Quaker City is the greatest... You really should come with me sometime to see the other side of racing and how much fun it really can be running your car down the track...

WOW Do you have a large mirror that you look in when your ready to race??I can feel that ego from here

its a xxl rear view mirror and a extra wide full length mirror in the trailer Hemi-itis, for the vain!

Attached picture 5941500-images.jpg
Posted By: KD800X

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 01:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dear Sixpack dodge,

its a xxl rear view mirror and a extra wide full length mirror in the trailer Hemi-itis, for the vain!

Geez, I think there's a song in there somewhere..... Where is Carly Simon when you need her. LOL
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 01:31 AM

At least he didnt say " vein"....

Where is this track that the replacement race will be held at?

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 01:40 AM

Quote:

At least he didnt say " vein"....

Where is this track that the replacement race will be held at?

Magnolia, Ohio

http://www.magnoliadragstripinc.com/

1/8th mile track

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 01:55 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dear Sixpack dodge,

Geez, I think there's a song in there somewhere..... Where is Carly Simon when you need her. LOL

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! *DELETED* - 04/23/10 02:08 AM

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 02:18 AM

Quote"there's nothing wrong with being proud of your acomplishments is there??? "end quote.>>>>>>No Steve,nothing wrong with being proud It's the way you look in the mirror while you berate other people.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 03:52 AM

This post started off good and I was even thinking about running down the road to Magnolia to spectate. I figured Quaker dropped the ball.

I had a good time at LaRue for UMTRA's event last year.

I may never spectate at another UMTRA event again and I won't be at Magnolia.
Posted By: KD800X

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 11:38 AM

Quote:

Where to begin... Hemi-itis you're "lookin for 8s"??? A blown hemi that runs less than 8s would be embarrassing to me if it was mine, it should run 7s minimum... I'm lookin for 8s myself, all with 340 cubic inches and 2950lbs... Superstockracer How superstock legal is your car??? I doubt that it runs 9.20s in NHRA legal trim??? More than likely it's a 500 plus cubic inch combo, INDY heads and all... please correct me if I am wrong. And KD800X do you even own a car? No pics or info on here but you jump on the bandwagon like a good little puppydog following along... Yeah I may have a bit of an ego or even chip on my shoulder, but I worked VERY hard to get my little engine to run right there with the bigblocks and even better than most, all without a blower or nitrous or turbo... there's nothing wrong with being proud of your acomplishments is there??? Oh yeah, I do have a large mirror in my car too see how far I leave the competition behind...

Steve... you really need to lighten up! All that anger is bad for your health.
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 12:09 PM

Quote:

This post started off good and I was even thinking about running down the road to Magnolia to spectate. I figured Quaker dropped the ball.

I certainly wouldn't let one guys ranting on a internet website stop me from going to the races and having a good time. It's not like he's a spokesman for the U.M.T.R.

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 01:27 PM

Different strokes for different folks And speaking of strokes,I find it very exciting to watch those stick guys stroke{rowin} their shifters.They come out hard and put on a GREAT show

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 03:00 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I certainly wouldn't let one guys ranting on a internet website stop me from going to the races and having a good time. It's not like he's a spokesman for the U.M.T.R.

You hit the nail on the head.
Posted By: mloboda

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/23/10 03:08 PM

The UMTR / Magnolia race will be a blast !
Last time we were there, the stands were literally packed ! had to be 600 specatators. THAT is a lot of fun all in itself. In addition to the stick race, Dixie is having a Box/No Box race as well.

www.magnoliadragstripinc.com

Saturday May 29th
Gates open at 1:00
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/24/10 01:47 AM

Hey Mike and Mike You may even see me AND my Savoy at that race
Gus

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/24/10 03:11 AM

Quote:

Gus

I hope so Hey, I like what they put under your screen name.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/24/10 01:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You hit the nail on the head.

I certainly would not let one person stop me from attending, just wouldn't stop by his pit for a chat that's for sure
Why did the OP delete his posts
I hope he got my point of view on his senseless rant
Posted By: fourgearsavoy

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/25/10 12:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Gus

I hope so Hey, I like what they put under your screen name.

Yeah that came about amidst the whole Toyota recall/hate threads
I usually drive my car to the track but thats a little too far for my first time with the new engine.I might just make a few passes at 42 before the Magnolia race
Gus

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/25/10 03:26 PM

Gus,
We need more Mopars !
I can't wait to see what that Savoy will run with that new mill.

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/25/10 04:07 PM

I wonder if Dennis Grossman is planning on attending

Posted By: 3ddart

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/25/10 05:38 PM

i talked to denny at magnolia's swap meet yesterday and he said his plans are to attend. dave
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/25/10 05:43 PM

Quote:

I wonder if Dennis Grossman is planning on attending

Going 2 try REAL hard to be there!

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/25/10 06:44 PM

No, no, stay home Dennis. Everytime you come to a stick race you seem to win !
I was hoping I could just once.
Posted By: Valiant_Showoff

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/25/10 06:51 PM

Denny,

That's great news. Guess the Old Lady finally got to ya?

I'll have to make sure I'm ready to roll for that weekend too. Not a stick, but still fun to share the track with you guys.

Attached picture 5946569-winnerscircle09Nats.JPG
Posted By: 6bblFLASH

Re: U.M.T.R. race @ Quaker City cancelled! - 04/25/10 09:20 PM

Quote:

No, no, stay home Dennis. Everytime you come to a stick race you seem to win !
I was hoping I could just once.

What and make it easy?
Mike, NOBODY needs to worry about me.

Attached picture 5946794-Thompson09`.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums