Moparts

A body - Mini tubs/Cal Tracs/stock gas tank ,Tailpipes?

Posted By: Sixpak

A body - Mini tubs/Cal Tracs/stock gas tank ,Tailpipes? - 04/18/10 07:18 PM

Rather than hijack someone else's exhaust post, I thought I'd start one here. I see most guys when they mini tub an A body and want to run tail pipes, they usually mount a fuel cell. But I want to keep a stock tank, and run 3" exhaust, including tail pipes. Anyone ever fit up something like this before? I remember seeing a pic of a 70 Dart that had the pipes angled as they crossed the axle - maybe someone remembers it....might have been a Canadian car...

Attached picture 5933018-70DartTailPipes.jpg
Posted By: 66littlebigmopar

Re: A body - Mini tubs/Cal Tracs/stock gas tank ,Tailpipes? - 04/19/10 12:37 AM

I built that car about 4 years ago and ended selling it at carlisle a few years ago. I used one of those summit brand exhaust systems and 2 of those J bend pipes to snake it around the leaf springs. Those are 2 1/2" pipes but there should be room forthe 3 inch. I had the springs moved in with 10" keystones n 295/50-15 tires.
Posted By: LAR_414

Re: A body - Mini tubs/Cal Tracs/stock gas tank ,Tailpipes? - 04/19/10 02:42 AM

That's what my car is.

69 dart
Stock gas tank
Mini tubbed
Tail pipes to the bumper

I custom made them myself.

VERY tight back there, but it's good to go.

I like my trunk!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: A body - Mini tubs/Cal Tracs/stock gas tank ,Tailpipes? - 04/19/10 06:30 AM

My 1971 Duster has three inch exhaust with a stock gas tank, it has ladder bars and coil over rear suspension. The pipes come off of the fenderwell headers straight back under the rocker panels and then curve around the rear tires and UNDER the rear end hosuing to the 14x3 oval Magnaflow mufflers mounted behind the rear ties bewteen the sub frame and the outer quarter panels. It is fairly quiet in the car until I go to wide open throttle I had the exhaust system jet hot coated black to help hide it, see the picture. The car now has a different set of headers on it that are black also You can't see the ladder bars or rear suspension unless you lay on the ground and look under the car

Attached picture 5934215-MVC-045S.JPG
Posted By: Sixpak

Re: A body - Mini tubs/Cal Tracs/stock gas tank ,Tailpipes? - 04/20/10 04:01 PM

Quote:

I built that car about 4 years ago and ended selling it at carlisle a few years ago. I used one of those summit brand exhaust systems and 2 of those J bend pipes to snake it around the leaf springs. Those are 2 1/2" pipes but there should be room forthe 3 inch. I had the springs moved in with 10" keystones n 295/50-15 tires.

Thanks for posting. If you have more pics, please post them here.

Re: A body - Mini tubs/Cal Tracs/stock gas tank ,Tailpipes? - 04/21/10 12:13 AM

Unfortunely the only pics i have are from the dealer that bought it from me at carlisle. All the pics i took while building were with a disposeable camera. Im still behind times with this computer stuff It was a basket case i bought off a kid who got in trouble with a dui and needed money. It had a mild 400, automatic, 3.23 suregrip, i did a rotessiory on it and sprayed it burnt orange. Just a little street car Lol!

Attached picture 5937685-dart6.jpg

Re: A body - Mini tubs/Cal Tracs/stock gas tank ,Tailpipes? - 04/21/10 12:15 AM

Another

Attached picture 5937692-dartre.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums