Moparts

who's racin' tomorrow? With Results!!

Posted By: MegaDart

who's racin' tomorrow? With Results!! - 04/16/10 07:41 PM

We are!
Double header points race at IRR with 2 quick 16 races also!!
shaking down the 604ci hope to run some 4.5x's with it tomorrow

IHRA Pro Am at PBIR next weekend. Hoping to do some damage in TD class!
Posted By: tboomer

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/16/10 07:42 PM

Good luck,Wayne!!
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/16/10 08:07 PM

I am but the forecast doesn`t look good, broke my trans last week and ended up racing my tow vehicle to get the first round appearance points and actually Won first round after my opponent broke out by 16 hundredths so I got 200 points. Put my old trans back in( after a band adjustment and new filter) ran it in on jack stands, drove it around the neighborhood,it felt good, its in the trailer ready to go.

Attached File
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/16/10 08:20 PM

Have fun Wayne!!

Did you get the motor fixed, or is this a different one?
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/16/10 08:28 PM

I'll be out for the 3rd time this year! Sat. Is the 1st heads up race of the year and it looks like I will be like you and running a chevy. My partner wants to run his car so we can use the transbreak. And since I have had no luck with footbreaking the Valiant I'm ready to try something diffrent.

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/16/10 08:37 PM

Quote:

Have fun Wayne!!

Did you get the motor fixed, or is this a different one?

Hi Matt! Yes this is the motor that broke when you were here. Major cylinder head damage, 2 broke pistons, 2 broke and 14 bent valves, 1 cylinder sleeve, new rings, bearing and lifters. Started it yesterday for the first time!
Posted By: HEMIDARTS

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/16/10 09:39 PM

WOW!!!
Thats enough to make you

Im glad you were able to fix her up!!

Dont worry im not there this time to jinx you, so you should win the race!
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/16/10 09:54 PM

Best-O-Luck tomorrow Wayne....did you know SR82 is freshly paved all the way to Immokallee now

Rickster

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/17/10 12:20 AM

thanks! I'll be driving that way about 10am!
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/17/10 12:38 AM

heading to gainesville tomorrow
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/17/10 01:15 AM

we will, the big gleason,tn track. well maybe not so big or nice but close to home

good luck everybody and be safe
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/17/10 02:04 AM

We will, some where. Was planning to run at Cherokee (11 miles from my house)but they closed the doors this week. Low car counts and fewer spectators means no money to operate. So they closed the track.
May go to Bristol, Crossville, London, Ky or English Mountain. I'll make up my mind in the morning.
Brian
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/17/10 03:57 AM

We will be Sunday if I get the motor back together tomorrow. Good luck Wayne!
Posted By: Triple Threat

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/17/10 04:39 AM

Doing some test and tune, first time making laps in the car since Halloween.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/17/10 05:25 AM

We are going to the Holt's T&T tomorrow. hope to see a lot of people there.

Attached picture 5930352-ww00.jpg
Posted By: superwrench

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/17/10 05:28 AM

Test and Tune for us next weekend.......Damn I wish it were tomorrow. Itchin' to test out a few new things on the car.
Kicked out the power steering and went to an electric fan, but had to add mufflers for our small track 'cause the bit$#!n' from the neighbors is taking it's toll. A lot of guys aren't even going to run here so the car count will definitely go down. I can see the writing on the wall.
Worse part about it is we live on an Island, so a trip to Mission Raceway in BC is a grand for a two day trip.Motels, Ferries , fuel...etc. Seattle's not a lot more, but the drive is a little long.
Don't you just love spending money!
Posted By: SB412DUSTER

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 04:22 AM

I tried to go racing today, I bet I couldn't hit the tree if I got out on the starting line and walked up to it

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 12:49 PM

sorry for the poor scan quality all kinds of pc issues as of late!

Attached picture 5932360-604debut.jpg.jpg

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 12:53 PM

it was a typical soup like race day in the swamp. Got rained on hard 2 times. I am pretty happy with the newly rebuilt 604ci although I had hopes of being .1 faster
I will say the motor has good manners, starts and runs great with no hiccups. Prints tickets like a zerox machine!! [click on attachment and zoom in to see]
I got lucky first round and not so lucky in second. Raced a friend of mine and we went heads up since we were so close. MPH is off in the right lane, more like 149.

I will run the IHRA ProAm next weekend then may put the alky carb back on??
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 01:00 PM

Looks real consistant. You should be happy with that part.
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 01:50 PM

Quote:

it was a typical soup like race day in the swamp. Got rained on hard 2 times. I am pretty happy with the newly rebuilt 604ci although I had hopes of being .1 faster
I will say the motor has good manners, starts and runs great with no hiccups. Prints tickets like a zerox machine!! [click on attachment and zoom in to see]
I got lucky first round and not so lucky in second. Raced a friend of mine and we went heads up since we were so close. MPH is off in the right lane, more like 149.

I will run the IHRA ProAm next weekend then may put the alky carb back on??

Good to hear it ran well, sucked to see the race got rained out though.....might head over to PBIR next weekend to spectate and help out my son-in-law, will be his 1st race in Super Street

Rickster
Posted By: FastmOp

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 02:59 PM

I was 1st round runner up. His mov .009
Posted By: 68roadrunner

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 03:00 PM

well, not much better than any one else. 4th round down to 8 cars. had the boy caught womp it about 3 times. let him have the strip by .005. oh well better luck next week.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 03:30 PM

I did terrible, I didn`t think we would be racing Saturday as the Friday forecast called for rain. They opened and we had a few little showers and it was cold, windy, humid and damp. First two time shots I was set up a little slow 11.61 and 11.63 so I set the stop for a little more throttle and went 11.48 too quick for 11.50 I left it and figured I would just lift and pedal. My opponent dialed a 12.60 I dialed 11.51, he was 091 I was 082, I caught him and scrubbed 3-4 mph and went 11.509 OUCH! he was 2 over. The good news is after breaking my " new" trans last week my old trans back in the car was fine, the bad news is I lost first round and only got 100 points.

Attached File
Posted By: 727builder

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 03:38 PM

Since i sold my race car, Now our track is having a few $800 to win in FB. Ran my pick up truck the last few weekends to see if it would run consistant. Won last weekend. Last night was the first $800 to win race. I was 002 red 3rd round.
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 06:08 PM

Carl,
Which track do you run at?
Brian
Posted By: mr2performance

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 06:09 PM

Hey Wayne, need to work on that consistency a little bit Mike
Posted By: 727builder

Re: who's racin' tomorrow? - 04/18/10 07:26 PM

Brainerd optimist in Chattanooga.

Quote: