Moparts

Monitoring fuel pressure during run

Posted By: Baxter61

Monitoring fuel pressure during run - 04/13/10 07:21 AM

Do you guys have a way to monitor your fuel pressure during a run? or do you just run the guage by the carb and call it good? if you do, whats your setup? where do you put your guage? Im semi looking for a kit or what you used to piece your setup together. thanks!
Posted By: rebel

Re: Monitoring fuel pressure during run - 04/13/10 07:41 AM

i have a fuel pressure guage mounted on my cowl. easy to see if i've forgotten to turn the pump on when the guage is in your face. i also have one channel of the logger recording the pressure. normally after the brake is released the pressure drops from 9psi to 7psi. when it dropped to 5 we found the filter was becoming blocked from dirty fuel. if you can't afford a logger at least put a guage on the cowl in your face. it gives you something to look at if your engine starts to misfire at speed. helps eliminate potential causes.
Posted By: modified1090

Re: Monitoring fuel pressure during run - 04/13/10 10:57 AM

Quote:

i have a fuel pressure guage mounted on my cowl. easy to see if i've forgotten to turn the pump on when the guage is in your face.

same here!
Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Monitoring fuel pressure during run - 04/13/10 12:14 PM

Quote:

i have a fuel pressure guage mounted on my cowl. easy to see if i've forgotten to turn the pump on when the guage is in your face. i also have one channel of the logger recording the pressure. normally after the brake is released the pressure drops from 9psi to 7psi. when it dropped to 5 we found the filter was becoming blocked from dirty fuel. if you can't afford a logger at least put a guage on the cowl in your face. it gives you something to look at if your engine starts to misfire at speed. helps eliminate potential causes.

what gauge do you use to log psi by converting it to volts? i have a LM-1 and a LC-1?
i use a camera to look at on the gauge incase i dont look at them.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Monitoring fuel pressure during run - 04/13/10 02:47 PM

Data logger and a isolated gauge that sits in front
of me
Posted By: rebel

Re: Monitoring fuel pressure during run - 04/13/10 06:41 PM

Quote:

what gauge do you use to log psi by converting it to volts? i have a LM-1 and a LC-1?

guage is mechanical & logger is a sensor in the fuel line by the carb.
Posted By: sixpakdodge

Re: Monitoring fuel pressure during run - 04/13/10 06:49 PM

I have the gauge mounted in front of me inside the car. It uses an isolator with the fuel going to it and then antifreeze from the isolator to the gauge.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Monitoring fuel pressure during run - 04/13/10 10:04 PM

i use a camera to look at on the gauge incase i dont look at them.

You use a pressure transducer... most are set up for
a 1-5 volt span
Posted By: nz383man

Re: Monitoring fuel pressure during run - 04/14/10 10:31 AM

Quote:

Quote:

guage is mechanical & logger is a sensor in the fuel line by the carb.

Is that sensor available in NZ?

After the issues I've had I'd like to log the fuel pressure on my LM2
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: Monitoring fuel pressure during run - 04/14/10 11:45 AM

like most here all the gauges are in my face...
© 2024 Moparts Forums