Moparts

stage V hemi heads

Posted By: 3ddart

stage V hemi heads - 04/08/10 01:12 PM

some of you may have missed the posts on here by torkrules (john) and myself about the issues with mp aluminum hemi heads and this is what this ? is related to. if i'm going to switch to the stage v heads, which 1s do i want (for an easy conversion) and who sells them. as always thanks for your help! dave
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/08/10 01:49 PM

You want the Stage V replacement heads.
http://stores.casselent.com/Detail.bok?no=31

Mark
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/08/10 02:18 PM

Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/08/10 02:29 PM

Quote:

I would also check here for members that sell them all done. the above link will have box stock only. a decent clean up is going to be needed

I only used the link because of the description and the picture. I don't know what members here sell Stage V heads. I have bought from Rick Cassel though and he is easy to deal with,and took care of a small problem for me without hesitation.
Mark
Posted By: BryanRad

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/08/10 03:47 PM

I would highly recommend Rick Cassel though to purchase from if you have someone to do the necessary assembly/clean up work. Purchased several things from him myself.
Posted By: Dragula

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/08/10 04:15 PM

For the higher hp applications, I recomend the ones that have the exhaust valve rotated 2* for the larger valves and higher flow. I didn't see a part number for that one under the link, but maybe the stock replacement ones flow enough for your needs.

And yes, buy them from an engine builder. It will save you some headaches later.
Posted By: PasiR

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/08/10 04:49 PM

Contact Tim Banning at FHO.

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/08/10 04:50 PM

I dont understand the necessity to buy them from an engine builder, if you buy them from Rick and send them to Jeff @ Modern or take your pick of the other good head guys, what the heck matters where you buy them.
Posted By: torkrules

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/08/10 04:51 PM

Quote:

some of you may have missed the posts on here by torkrules (john) and myself about the issues with mp aluminum hemi heads and this is what this ? is related to. if i'm going to switch to the stage v heads, which 1s do i want (for an easy conversion) and who sells them. as always thanks for your help! dave

Dave,

If you want direct bolt ons you want the replacement heads. The Millennium heads are a little more exotic and for larger displacement engines. They also move the exhaust ports up which might cause fit problems in the car(you would need custom headers).

If you want to go this route, Tim Banning at FHO is a very good source. He buys the heads raw and builds around them. I bought a set from him. They are a bit overkill for my use (He had them already built, just had to swap my valve springs. CNC ported and 2.30 intake valves) I had to do some strategic grinding around the top of cylinder to make sure those bigger valves cleared (I have a 4.255 bore. I wouldn't have to do this with a larger bore or the standard 2.25 valve).

FWIW, the Edelbrock heads appear to be a good alternative. I haven't heard anything bad about them.
Posted By: PUNK

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/08/10 09:40 PM

I was just at Bob Mazzolini Racing in Riverside Calif. and he has a set of the Stage V Engineering heads on the shelf. They have already had the necessary valve job and blending along with port cleanup done. They are nice heads. The Stage V replacement heads are what you are looking for. www.bobmazzoliniracing.com
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/09/10 12:21 AM

Quote:

Contact Tim Banning at FHO.

The replacement head is all you want.
Posted By: RUNCHARGER

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/09/10 01:23 AM

Tum Banning at FHO gets them in by the crate. I bought them from him as cheap as anywhere else, he worked them over CORRECTLY and shipped them to me. If you buy them from a builder like Tim you will save some shipping charges if nothing else. If there is any profit to be made from a part I would sooner see a guy that does great work get it as opposed to a simple part merchandiser.

Sheldon

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/09/10 02:06 AM

Not sure if Rick Cassel does the machine work to finish them up or not or can have them done. Regardless of that fact he seems to be a real straight shooter and has been very helpful for me. I actually bought my heads from Mike Cavalieri at hemipartsking. I would bet almost any Stage V dealer is going to be decent to work with, because Eric is probably as picky with choosing dealers as he is his production quality.
Posted By: mopar_mark

Re: stage V hemi heads - 04/11/10 08:01 AM

Quote:

Tim Banning at FHO gets them in by the crate. I bought them from him as cheap as anywhere else, he worked them over CORRECTLY and shipped them to me. If you buy them from a builder like Tim you will save some shipping charges if nothing else. If there is any profit to be made from a part I would sooner see a guy that does great work get it as opposed to a simple part merchandiser.

Sheldon

I second Tim, great guy to do business with, would use him again without a hessitation
© 2024 Moparts Forums