Moparts

caltrac users.controling wheelstands?

Posted By: moretoys

caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 12:42 AM

a- body mono leaf with caltracs.set up-per instructions.Motor makes alot more steam than last year.If wheel stands become a problem,any tips to keep it on the ground.t-n-t about 3 weeks away.Buddy is a bit nervous about the new powerplant, and being violant.any tips?
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 12:46 AM

Might start with the front shocks set full tight(if they are adjustable) just to get an idea of what it will do.
Posted By: BigFish69

Re: caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 12:50 AM

wheelie bars
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 12:51 AM

I wish i had that problem,,,lol

Posted By: 340Cuda

Re: caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 02:09 AM

When I asked John Calvert that question he said:

Softer hit (bottom hole, more preload)
Stiffer front shock settings
Limit travel on front
Stiffer torsion bars

Bill
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 02:09 AM

Quote:

I wish i had that problem,,,lol

Yea what he said !!
Posted By: 408strokerdart

Re: caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 02:32 AM

Short shift and smile big It will eventually come down.

Seriously, use the front suspension to limit transfer. This rear suspension needs all the transfer it can get to work anyway, so it is easily controlled by limiters or adjustable shocks.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 03:12 AM

A set of AFCO front shocks fixed all of my control issues with the wheelies.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/07/10 03:19 AM

Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 01:22 PM

Don't do what I did and just hit it hard! We went from a suspension tune on motor which was loose in the front and tight in the back (car was pulling the front tires maybe 10") and did not adjust when we added the 100 shot of NOS. The results were not good! Car went up and I tried to short shift but must have lifted. We bought these nice shocks for the front but did not use them as we should have and now will have to pay the piper!!. I say start with a tight setting on the front so the car will have to work to get the front up. Start with a loose shock setting in the back so you can blow the tires, then work you way a click or two at a time until you get your desired results. If you make enough power you can tie down the front end and your car may not porpoise. The general tuning of hole placement from Cal tracs is also a good starting point. As said earlier a short shift will bring the front down, but does you no good if you are pointed towards the wall.

Good luck

Diego

Attached picture 5912091-GetAttachment.jpg
Posted By: BobR

Re: caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 01:26 PM

Quote:

a- body mono leaf with caltracs.set up-per instructions.Motor makes alot more steam than last year.If wheel stands become a problem,any tips to keep it on the ground.t-n-t about 3 weeks away.Buddy is a bit nervous about the new powerplant, and being violant.any tips?

If all else fails move some weight around.
Posted By: formula S

Re: caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 01:39 PM

Quote:

Don't do what I did and just hit it hard! We went from a suspension tune on motor which was loose in the front and tight in the back (car was pulling the front tires maybe 10") and did not adjust when we added the 100 shot of NOS. The results were not good! Car went up and I tried to short shift but must have lifted. We bought these nice shocks for the front but did not use them as we should have and now will have to pay the piper!!. I say start with a tight setting on the front so the car will have to work to get the front up. Start with a loose shock setting in the back so you can blow the tires, then work you way a click or two at a time until you get your desired results. If you make enough power you can tie down the front end and your car may not porpoise. The general tuning of hole placement from Cal tracs is also a good starting point. As said earlier a short shift will bring the front down, but does you no good if you are pointed towards the wall.

Good luck

Diego

Accually Ted the rear shocks were two clicks from full loose, set on #7 allowing more separation in the rear, planting the tire harder resulting in a dead hook and a big wheel stand
Posted By: Diego_Ted

Re: caltrac users.controling wheelstands? - 04/07/10 01:54 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Good luck

Diego

Accually Ted the rear shocks were two clicks from full loose, set on #7 allowing more separation in the rear, planting the tire harder resulting in a dead hook and a big wheel stand

I stand corrected!! Results were the same?
© 2024 Moparts Forums