Moparts

My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today.

Posted By: Anonymous

My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 12:36 AM

SLIPAPEE from the board.
My best friend since we were 11 years was just diagnosed with malignant brain cancer.
just got the news about 10 minutes ago.
im freaking out. we grew up together.did everything together from baseball to riding dirt bikes to double dating. i have known him 1969.
we played little league together. tried out for the NY Mets together.
he threw 96 mph and couldnt hit the side of a barn.
A crazy type of guy who always got in trouble and
always got caught.He use to always coming racing with me. He is a awesome mechanic and great racer as well.
he has a 7 year old son. says he doesnt have much longer.
please say a prayer for him.
we go back a real long way and i feel sick.thanks
Posted By: Dads426

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 12:49 AM

It is rough, but you will get through it. Lost my brother-in-law at 26 from cancer (24 years ago) and he was one of my best friends. Try to spend some time with him now. Memories last forever.

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 12:53 AM

thanks i'm shaking right now.
we have done everything together since kids. closest friend would do anying for me and vice versa.
He'd take a bullet for me.
Just dont know what to say.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 12:58 AM

Posted By: 1965HemiAFX

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:00 AM

My wife lost her bestfriend in Nov. the same way. She was 37 with 3 small children. Sometimes its hard to understand why god makes the decisions that he does. Hang in there and do as much as possible for his family.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:02 AM

Sorry to hear...Lost dad in Nov.
Posted By: headhunter

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:03 AM

sorry to hear i aggree spend time with him and keep all the good memorys they will last as long as you relive them
Posted By: chris3

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:03 AM

Hang in there guy. And share time with your friend and know that things do happen. Our thoughts and prays for you, your friend and his family from all of us at Chris3 Racing. God Bless.

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:05 AM

he turned 50 on sept. 18
going to spend some time with him tomorrow and talk to him.
friends dont get much closer than this.
he would give me his last dollar.
always agiving guy with a heart of gold.
i loved how they use to try to throw him out of island dragway riding on the sod grass with my quad.
he's 6'7 285 lbs.
he use to throw a 96 mph fastball.and couldnt get signed with the major leagues.
Posted By: BSB67

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:15 AM

Sorry to hear it. Spend time together.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:34 AM

Posted By: 727builder

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:42 AM

Prayers sent.
Posted By: fatman

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:44 AM

Sad to hear.
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:47 AM

Sad for you for sure. Sometimes I think its harder when they have"time", and are given a date than when something tragic happends. It gives you time to think about all you will miss, and why you guys are great friends. Hang in there, be with him and his family, and the prayers will be roaring inn from my family, and your family here on Moparts..

Posted By: torkrules

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:47 AM

Quote:

SLIPAPEE from the board.
My best friend since we were 11 years was just diagnosed with malignant brain cancer.
just got the news about 10 minutes ago.
im freaking out. we grew up together.did everything together from baseball to riding dirt bikes to double dating. i have known him 1969.
we played little league together. tried out for the NY Mets together.
he threw 96 mph and couldnt hit the side of a barn.
A crazy type of guy who always got in trouble and
always got caught.He use to always coming racing with me. He is a awesome mechanic and great racer as well.
he has a 7 year old son. says he doesnt have much longer.
please say a prayer for him.
we go back a real long way and i feel sick.thanks

Terribly sorry to hear this. Prayers sent. Things like this sure puts life into perspective.
Posted By: Dabee

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:52 AM

I lost my wife 19 years ago to cancer. She was 42 and our daughter was 13. Spend as much time with him as you can. Be there for his family, especially his young son. Prayer flags are up.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:53 AM

So sorry to hear this,sometime's word's cannot express the feeling's a person has for someone, be it friend's or family member's,,lost my mother two day's after chrismas, the holiday's will never be the same, give him my heart felt condolences, and make his time here the best you can.
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:55 AM

Sorry to hear that.... I hope he enjoys the time he
has left and not in a hospital

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:58 AM

going to take him out for his double entree of chicken marsala and chicken francese.
large order of calamari and 2 soups of the day with a pitcher or 4 of beer.
the dude can eat. 6'7 and 295 lbs.
when we were in our prime weight lifting days back in 1982- 1988 you had to see all the food we use to order and be on our table at one time.
he cracked me up one day when he told the waiter to bring him a mug of beer every 5 minutes until he passes out then one every 10 minutes from then on. you had to see the waiters face. those were the days.. damn i'm going to miss him. i love him like my brother. this really sucks. it just aint fair, why???
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 02:07 AM

Chris I am very sorry to hear that..I not sure how I would Handel it if my best friend would go..Like others have said. spend time together..talk about all the good time you had together. be strong for him..be there for his family. it realy all you can do
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 02:13 AM

Very sad to hear, I lost one of my best childhood friends to cancer...it sucks

Rick
Posted By: Leigh

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 02:18 AM

So sad to hear, Chris. I talk to my best friend at least 3-4 times per week. 53 years running. Tough deal, losing a friend like that. Man, sorry....Leigh
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 02:24 AM

So sorry to hear this -----

Russ
Posted By: KD800X

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 02:25 AM

Chris,

I'm sorry to here about this. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. Stay Stong for him and his family!

Posted By: Kevins493

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 02:41 AM

i'm real sorry about your friend.
Posted By: Quicksilver440

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 02:46 AM

Prayer sent....Man I couldn't imagine dealing with that. I don't know what to say....
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 02:51 AM

I am at a loss for words Prayers from my family
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 02:52 AM

Very sorry to hear about your friend.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 02:53 AM

Sorry to hear about this. As others have said, spend as much time as you can with him.
Posted By: Irun5snd8th

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 02:59 AM

Terrible news. My heart felt prayers go out to you and your friend.
Posted By: RedRam

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 03:01 AM

I am truly sorry to hear about your friend.
Be with him as much as possible and reminisce about the "Glory Days" that you two shared.
We have a family friend that was recently diagnosed with advanced Pancreatic Cancer, he is on some type of experimental treatments. We are praying for a miracle.
He and his wife are 37, their twins (boy & girl) were born 2 weeks after our twins(boy & girl) were born. The kids (13yrs) are best of friends, there are nights that my wife and I have run out of tears, we have asked why a million times but the answer never comes.
Prayers of comfort and strength for your friend, his family and you have been said.

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 03:07 AM

unfortunately he past his prime. i alwys joke about that with him. i always tell him, DUDE YOUR SHOT!!!
I remember when i was playing baseball in the minor leagues, we used to run 10 miles and 5 of them were uphill.
He use to love this one Greek girl so much so he stayed in shape and ran miles and miles every day, so 1 day, he asked me to run with him, he bet me 2 dinner entrees, i couldnt keep up with him. was he surprised, guess you won the bet.he didnt know i ran uphills for miles at a time. he was laughing so hard when i was waiting for him at the finish line. damn, i miss those times so badly.

--------------------
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 03:16 AM

Sorry to hear..........I`ve lost some of my best friends in the last several years so I know how you feel.

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/07/10 04:10 AM

Posted By: 383man

383man - 04/07/10 04:25 AM

Real sorry to hear this Chris. I will pray for him. Ron
Posted By: theraif

Re: 383man - 04/07/10 04:59 AM

Posted By: megajoltman

Re: 383man - 04/07/10 05:15 AM

Sorry to hear, prayers sent.
Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: 383man - 04/07/10 05:23 AM

Sounds like your his good friend to.
Posted By: Brian Hafliger

Re: 383man - 04/07/10 05:49 AM

I'm very sorry to hear this.
I lost my best friend in '07 to a drunk driver...he left behind an 8 year old son, 2 year old daughter and a wife. He was 35.
Now that I have a little boy, I can't imagine someone telling me I had a month or two and that's it!!!!
I hope your friend finds a way to beat it...for his son's sake. I feel for him and how he must feel. I'm very sorry for you too!
Will say a prayer tonite...
Brian
Posted By: 340_Dart

Re: 383man - 04/07/10 05:52 AM

Prayers sent... I almost lost my mom last friday, scary to say the least.

Cherish the times you all have had and spend all the time you can together. Tell him to fight the good fight!
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 09:40 AM

Posted By: tubtar

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 09:49 AM

Prayers for him and for all his family and friends.
There is no magic wand , but I have a niece who had " terminal " brain cancer and was given a year to live............some eight years ago.
Cancer free today.
And lost a younger Brother to leukemia who had a 97 % chance of beating it.
Be there for him and never give up hope.
Posted By: jef408

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 10:32 AM

PRAYERS SENT,MY FRIEND.IM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS. F---IN CANCER!!!!!! EVERYONE,PLEASE EXCUSE MY LANGUAGE.

Re: 383man - 04/07/10 11:29 AM

Quote:

Sounds like your his good friend to.

funny thing when we were kids around 14, we were both very tall and skinny(THOSE WERE THE DAYS) and we were like 2 bookends walking down the street together, a neighbor use to say to my parents, "when they walk down the street, it looks like number 11. lol
just trying to think of all the good times.
Posted By: B G Racing

Re: 383man - 04/07/10 11:35 AM

Our best thoughts from all at BGR
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: 383man - 04/07/10 11:52 AM

My thoughts and prayers.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: 383man - 04/07/10 12:45 PM

Remember the good times and be strong for him when he needs you most. Prayers sent.
Posted By: jim sciortino

Re: 383man - 04/07/10 01:44 PM

Terrible news.

Even worse when there are children. Spend as much time as you can together and when the time comes, help the kid any way you can.
Posted By: hemi_doug

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 01:49 PM

Sorry to hear this Chris....Just spend as much time together as you can with him....let me know if there is anything I can do for the two for you....
Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: 383man - 04/07/10 03:35 PM

he's not gone yet! spend as much time as you can with him, you never know. so often we don't get a chance to say goodbye, or tell them point blank how much we love them.
Posted By: smokinwoody

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 03:38 PM

sorry to hear about your friend Chris..

hes in our prayer book..

Posted By: galen

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 04:52 PM

I lost my sister 2 years ago from pancreatic. I was always the wild one. She was into health food, never smoked, never drank. I still do not know why the Lord called her home. She handled it better than me. I spent as much time with her as i could and I am lucky I had the opportunity and the chance to say goodbye. I remember my prayers going from her getting better , to asking God to take her home. Remember the Lord has a better plan and know our prayers are with you both and your families.

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 05:11 PM

THANKYOU GUYS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT.i just stopped home for a second to let everyone know the update.
SPOKE TO VIC, this morning, he's being released from the hospital for recovery.they say 5-10 years
worse prognosis.
talking to him today, i couldnt help breaking down and crying. just hearing his voice was great.
you know when someones atrue friend,when they say to you, LOVE YA BRO!
it just brings tears to my eyes thinking about losing such a great friend,
im going to try and see if i can get him to come to lebanon valley sunday if he's up to it.
Posted By: topside

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/07/10 05:30 PM

Hang in there, Chris. I've lost 4 childhood friends so far, and it sucks butt; but they live on in the stories they helped generate.
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/11/10 01:37 AM

Many Prayers to him, his family and friends Try to remember Chris- that God has given him 50+ good years on this Earth to do the things he has done with you and everyone he has come in contact with and with this diagnosis (although not easy by any stretch) has given everyone time to express their feelings and have extra time with him that might not have happened if he had just passed away. I know its never easy to lose anyone in our lives but we have to be strong for the ones we love!! < not a pity but a friend hug!!! Grieve but remember the good things and times.
Posted By: old_racer

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/11/10 03:34 AM

Hi Chris,
really sorry to hear about your friend and buddy, very good friends are hard to find these days, spend lots of time with him if you can, make new good times.
Russ
Posted By: BigRay

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/11/10 04:30 AM

Posted By: RUMBLON

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/11/10 04:49 AM

Quote:

Prayers for him and for all his family and friends.
There is no magic wand , but I have a niece who had " terminal " brain cancer and was given a year to live............some eight years ago.
Cancer free today.
And lost a younger Brother to leukemia who had a 97 % chance of beating it.
Be there for him and never give up hope.

Yep, think positive and live love and laugh. I lost my mother in law thursday and two friend 52 and under during the past year. Ann to cancer.

Dave
Posted By: SG duster

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/11/10 05:54 AM

Iv lost a few friends to cancer, its such a waste, recently my wife got diagnosed with a Melanoma & freaked us out big time, she got treatment & is now fine minus 1/2 her calf muscle, now we are on a regular check up list. last year I lost an old friend in New Zealand, he was my age, it hits you hard for sure,you soon stop sweating about the small things around you. my thorughts are with you m8.
Posted By: roadhazard

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/11/10 01:19 PM

I also have a friend like yours and would be devastated with this type of news.

One thing that will never go away is the good memories so go make some more with him.

Prayers sent to everyone involved
Posted By: The Shocker

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/11/10 02:32 PM

Sorry to hear this.I lost my only brother in 1995 when i was 22 and lost my dad in 2006 after a 5 year battle with heart failure .Its ruff and i know how you feel right now...

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/11/10 04:41 PM

Quote:

I also have a friend like yours and would be devastated with this type of news.

One thing that will never go away is the good memories so go make some more with him.

Prayers sent to everyone involved

THATS FUNNY about the memories to make more, unfortunately, the good memories were when we were young and out of control, if i tried to duplicate them with my buddy, we'd be in jail.
Posted By: Bigbeep

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/12/10 12:37 AM

Chris, I am sorry to hear this. Prayers sent for all.
Posted By: B Dartman

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/12/10 01:29 AM

Sorry to hear this type of news....be sure to tell him how great a friend he is and always will be!
Posted By: fury62

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/12/10 01:30 AM

bad news like this really sucks.

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/12/10 01:54 AM

Quote:

Sorry to hear this type of news....be sure to tell him how great a friend he is and always will be!

Bill, had a long talk the other day, told him,how much he means to me.
he sounds positive. he knows our bond is strong.
he was glad i called and talked to him. he is scared though but itold him, ill always be there for him no matter what.
Posted By: dennismopar73

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/12/10 03:09 AM

my prayers and best wishes to you
may god grant peace and assurance at this time
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: My Best friend from Childhood gave me bad news today. - 04/12/10 05:19 AM

Enjoy your time together and make every moment special.
© 2024 Moparts Forums