Moparts

spin tech mufflers

Posted By: Uncle Barry

spin tech mufflers - 04/05/10 10:24 PM

any of you guys run them? how do you like the sound?
Posted By: JD Dart

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/05/10 10:54 PM

Very different you may or may not like them. At first I thought they were cool but after awhile I trashed them.
Posted By: W5Duster436

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/06/10 12:45 AM

I have 2.5" pro-streets on mine and like them. I think when I change over to 3" I am gonna throw some magnaflows on.

Sounds exactly like this GTO.

Mine is here. But was done on a camera so doesn't do it justice.
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/06/10 01:44 AM

I like the way they sound. The next time I have to buy new mufflers that's what I want.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/06/10 01:46 AM

Mine sound awesome through 3 1/2" exhaust with an X pipe

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/06/10 02:08 AM

thanks for the input guys. i just ordered tti 3 inch exhaust for my car and got the spintechs for mufflers. i like the flowmasters but i dont want the droning noise when cruising around. i hope my w2 340 makes a nice sound with them.

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/06/10 02:17 AM

Which did you purchase? I was very surprised at the size of the pro-streets.. very small but nice. I also added the accurate flanges right after the mufflers so that I could easily drop the whole center exhaust out of the way after they put the x-pipe right on the trans basically. :-)

Attached picture 5909793-014.JPG

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/06/10 02:22 AM

i was told spintechs?? 3in with an h pipe. i didnt know there are different models
Posted By: Bill MeLater

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/06/10 02:54 AM

Quote:

i was told spintechs?? 3in with an h pipe. i didnt know there are different models

MANY different models. Diff in/out, case size, tube dia. Mine are 3" oval in a 2 1/2" case. They are loud and heavy but they fit under my car without hanging below the rockers..

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/06/10 02:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

MANY different models. Diff in/out, case size, tube dia. Mine are 3" oval in a 2 1/2" case. They are loud and heavy but they fit under my car without hanging below the rockers..

i guess i should call them back tomorrow and see what they going to send... thank you.

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/06/10 03:13 AM

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/

Sportsmans are great and a bit quieter than the pro-streets. You'll be amazed how many different models/sounds they have.

My friend has them on his blown 540 hemi w/4" pipes and it sounds fantastic.
Posted By: Pale_Roader

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/07/10 11:26 AM

I've got 3" Sportsmans (the bigger ones) on a 3" mandrel exhaust with an X-pipe and Hookers on the 440 Charger. So far i get nothing but compliments. Haven't heard a better sounding exhaust on a Mopar yet than mine. Better sound engines... yes, but pipes? no. This is all opinion though.

We also put some Pro-Streets (the smaller ones) behind the 2.5" Dr. Gas X-pipe offroad exhaust on the stock 96GT, and that thing sounds absolutely glorious. Though it is VERY loud. Even with a whopping stock 215HP and iron manifolds... that thing is LOUD.
Posted By: aarcuda

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/07/10 02:48 PM

I have them on my AAR and LOVE THEM!!
Posted By: Thumperdart

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/07/10 04:50 PM

Quote:

Sportsmans are great and a bit quieter than the pro-streets. You'll be amazed how many different models/sounds they have.

Sound is one thing but, how do they perform compared to say open headers or bullet muffs.
Posted By: Dart1031

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/07/10 05:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Sound is one thing but, how do they perform compared to say open headers or bullet muffs.

I think member Cudafied runs them and he's into the 9's with a BB A-body

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/07/10 05:35 PM

But again, has anyone done back-to-back test to see the loss/gain w/the spintechs. I`m also in need of new mffs and that`s the reason for my questions.
Posted By: Stroked65Belv

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/08/10 03:06 AM

Someone had recently posted a list of performance gains/HP differences and Decible reading just within the last week. Do a search for that. Was very informative.
Im going with the 3.5" oval X-Pipe with large spintechs. on my 500" Wedge. Hooker Super Comps!
The earlier post with the GTO in the youtube video sounded great. Im sure ut sounds wild once its wound up!
Go for it! Gotta do the X-pipe though...
Posted By: superwrench

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/08/10 04:05 AM

I read somehwere (coulda even been on SpinTech's website) that there is no horsepower loss from their SuperStock series muff's.....although those are only made to attempt to reduce the noise to around 95 dicibels.
I just got a set last week....they are a work of art though when you look inside them....the way the curved pieces are placed in there looks like they would help scavenge the exhaust pretty good.
Getting them mounted up on 3 1/2" pipe back to the hangers just before the axle.
Haven't changed anything on the car over the winter, so I'm expecting to know the outcome at our first meet in two weeks.
Maybe I'll get lucky and not loose any et/speed and actually be able to leave my hearing aids turned on during a run!!!
Posted By: Pale_Roader

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/08/10 09:06 AM

My 68 Caddy hearse is getting a pair. And if anything here screams 'race car', its a 3 ton 68 Cadillac hearse...

Cannot wait... 3" mandrel X-pipe exhaust, Spintech Pro streets (the ol' wagon is allowed to be loud...) and 2.5" (x4) 'Mad Max' ZOOOOOOOMIES...
Posted By: Cudafied

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/08/10 11:12 PM

I'm running the SuperStock Spintechs on the Cuda with an x-pipe.

In car video with Spintech mufflers

Pinks All Out Englishtown in car

Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 04/08/10 11:49 PM

Posted By: Big B

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/09/10 12:07 AM

I have a complete 3 1/2" exhaust with X-pipe and Spintech Sportsman Street XL mufflers.
The car is pretty quiet at idle and cruising, but very loud a full throttle.
When I ordered the mufflers from Spintech He said he would be suprised if the engine lost any power at all. Maybe 10-15hp at most.
That worked for me. I can actually listen to my radio while driving.

Attached File
5914829-Picture071.mpg  (83 downloads)

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/09/10 12:40 AM

Quote:

I have a complete 3 1/2" exhaust with X-pipe and Spintech Sportsman Street XL mufflers.
When I ordered the mufflers from Spintech He said he would be suprised if the engine lost any power at all. Maybe 10-15hp at most.

Now that`s what I needed to hear.....not sure I`m willing to give up ANY hp actually especially since some have reported NO losses at the track from muffs to uncorked w/bullets or other muffs.
Posted By: Dap

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/09/10 12:44 AM

I had the Spintech sportsman mufflers on my car for a while. I thought they sounded good but were very restrictive. At the time my car was in the mid 10.90`s and dropped to the mid 10.80`s when I switched to the Dynatechs.
Posted By: Big B

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/09/10 12:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Now that`s what I needed to hear.....not sure I`m willing to give up ANY hp actually especially since some have reported NO losses at the track from muffs to uncorked w/bullets or other muffs.

If you want zero HP loss then the Super Stock race quiets are what you want.They are advertised at 95db. I was going to get those, but Spintech said not to for street driving.(Too loud)
My mufflers are 85db. I bracket race so I could care less if my car is a tenth slower.
Posted By: Blue69Charger

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/09/10 12:57 AM

I have the 3" sportsman street xl on my 69 charger with a 471 hemi. They sound good but are loud. I have a 3" tti exhaust with an x-pipe. The mufflers were too short so I used tti's slip connectors.
Posted By: MAXEDWEDGE

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/09/10 01:07 AM

they sound great . i did my fastest time and mph with them 9.94@137mph in a 3986 lbs e body w/ 410 gears and 540 ci pump gas . i run the 3 1/2 sportsman muffs. i use to run hooker 3 1/2 areo chambers . privious best was 10.08 . no other changes

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/09/10 01:56 AM

Talk about LOUD.......I run 3 1/2" bullets and fenderwell headers but the police don`t seem to care and I`ve never been stopped because of em it`s just too loud for my taste. Sounds like four Harleys goin down the road and I highly dislike Harleys..........too much noise and not enuff go.
Posted By: BloFish

Re: spin tech mufflers - 04/09/10 02:16 AM

Every application will be different
© 2024 Moparts Forums