Moparts

Rocker arm adjuster question

Posted By: Hunted Duck

Rocker arm adjuster question - 04/05/10 01:45 AM

Is the ball style adjuster better than the cup style adjuster. I just broke to cups off my pushrods yesterday. Thanks
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Rocker arm adjuster question - 04/05/10 01:47 AM

Both can be abused and broken if the lengths are not correct. How many threads are showing between the rocker arm bottom and the ball on the adjuster?
Posted By: mopardamo

Re: Rocker arm adjuster question - 04/05/10 01:49 AM

Hello,

Not really sure if it's a function of the adjuster strength or the pushrod strength. The ball ball pushrods seem to be preferred. I'd be looking at the thread exposure. Tell us more about your combo?

Damon

Re: Rocker arm adjuster question - 04/05/10 02:33 AM

2 threads showing out of the bottom. Its a 408 small block with 11.5 comp, eddy heads .660 lift roller cam, victor 340 intake and 950 carb on E85 (first pass on E85 yesterday). 1 7/8 headers.

Re: Rocker arm adjuster question - 04/05/10 02:46 AM

Whose pushrods, brand, wall thickness and diameter are you using and do you know how much spring pressure you have both opened and closed? EDIT, is there any sign of the pushrod cup hitting the rocker arm or the adjusters?

Re: Rocker arm adjuster question - 04/05/10 02:52 AM

Smith Bros pushrods. 5/16 .118 about 250 closed and around 600 open. No signs of hitting on the rocker arm.

Re: Rocker arm adjuster question - 04/05/10 03:01 AM

Any signs (black or blue with no oil) of lack of oiling the adjusters and pushrod cups? If not is the pushrod cups splitting? If so it is probally time for a set of Manton series V psuhrods with tool steel ends I am a dealer for both Manton and Smith Bros, let me know (PM me)if I can help you on this and probally save you a little money on the new, better Mantons

Re: Rocker arm adjuster question - 04/05/10 03:14 AM

The 2 that broke for some reason let the ball adjuster down in the cup farther from day one when I recieved them. They just snapped the cup right off in about 3 pieces. Thanks Cab!!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums