Moparts

Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics.

Posted By: moparniac

Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/04/10 05:36 PM

Post up your progress and pics.....
Posted By: 72Challenger

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/04/10 06:43 PM

My 70 Challenger RT almost finished. Fired it up this noon for the first time since I build / updated the car. Some final things to like the hood, headlights, bumpers and it's ready for the first event of the year over here. June it will be.

My buddy's 6sec tagged Superbird (should run mid 7's with the current setup) in the works. It's almost completely build up to get torn apart again to finish the welds and paint the whole chassis, body etc. Will be done for the first event too although it's still a lot of work. The whole team will try and do what we can to beat the deadline.
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/04/10 06:52 PM

Quote:

My 70 Challenger RT almost finished. Fired it up this noon for the first time since I build / updated the car. Some final things to like the hood, headlights, bumpers and it's ready for the first event of the year over here. June it will be.

My buddy's 6sec tagged Superbird (should run mid 7's with the current setup) in the works. It's almost completely build up to get torn apart again to finish the welds and paint the whole chassis, body etc. Will be done for the first event too although it's still a lot of work. The whole team will try and do what we can to beat the deadline.

coool
Posted By: Wicked49670dart

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/04/10 07:12 PM

Very Nice, color is cool too!
Posted By: 383duster

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 11:14 AM

WOW Hans your car is gonna be awesome!! We realy need some proof that you fired it up, need camera action
Posted By: bigsbigelow

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 11:20 AM

WOW! My street/strip car doesn't compare with these but here is an update. I am picking up my drive shaft today and should be able to take the darn thing for a spin to test the brakes and make sure it goes into all the gears. Then all I need is a windshield and exhaust. Then...brand x better watch it.

[image][/image]

This video was taken with some real real old Flomaster muffs. The car doesn't have them now.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 12:05 PM

Still waitin on the new bullet....should be coming soon,,,to replace the mess below from last season..(note camshaft attempting to shoot itself thru the windage tray)

Posted By: blown572dart

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 12:10 PM

Quote:

note camshaft attempting to shoot itself thru the windage tray)

Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 12:11 PM

I'm afraid that if I post any more progress/project pics people are going to start putting me on their ignore list

Posted By: Dart1031

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 01:00 PM

Progress, what's that?!

Attached picture 5910270-ValiantApart.jpg
Posted By: Moparnut426

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 06:16 PM

Quote:

I'm afraid that if I post any more progress/project pics people are going to start putting me on their ignore list

I agree,,, I havent posted any more on my progress and wont untill paint is going on, Im sure there are guys going, REALLY, enough already...

Kasey
Posted By: emarine01

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 09:20 PM

No Wedgie pics What did ya do sell the dart too
Posted By: B1Fish540

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 09:40 PM

my junk

Posted By: blownzoom440

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 11:50 PM

i got the cam,timing gear,cover,damper,O-rings in today.tomorrow will be the heads,oil pam,pump. cant wait to see what the bigger carbs will give me on the pump next week.

Attached picture 5911151-100_3857.jpg
Posted By: PolyDart

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 11:58 PM

With any luck I'll have this thing done soon.

Attached picture 5911171-DSC_2438.jpg
Posted By: PolyDart

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/06/10 11:59 PM

One more:

Attached picture 5911173-DSC_2412.jpg
Posted By: moparbud

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/07/10 12:04 AM

my 68

Attached picture 5911180-68roadrunner051.jpg
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/07/10 12:10 AM

Quote:

No Wedgie pics What did ya do sell the dart too

I either have all my engine parts on waiting for them to show up in the mail........ I need to start on the tranny tunnel mods next... I did however hide all the underhood wiring and change black engine bay to body color (car is really dirty)... car is getting repainted next winter. AAR hood got painted also I wanted more hood support so moved the pins in

Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/07/10 12:36 AM

I scored me a used set of MT drag radials a few weekends ago. I got them mounted up on my Holeshots that I have had for 5 or 6 years and never mounted them up. Waiting on the machine shop to finish the block(getting tubed) and then progress should move a decent pace. Right now the car is done other than the motor, alignment, exhaust, lol "Just lacks finishing up" as Big Squeeze would say.

Attached picture 5911253-photo4.jpg
Posted By: Bad340fish

Re: Spring Updates - Post up your race car progress pics. - 04/07/10 12:43 AM

Its been a little over six years since this thing has run but that will soon end. The only thing that won't be different on it this time around is the rear axle and the transmision.

Sorry for the crappy pic, my driveway is way to steep to risk pushing this thing out of the garage on the casters

Attached picture 5911273-photo3.jpg
© 2024 Moparts Forums