Moparts

C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one?

Posted By: rt66jim

C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/26/10 02:22 AM

I just scored one of these on the auction site. It's a 850 aerosol alcohol carb. Would like to know what to expect. Jim
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/26/10 08:13 AM

Never heard of it before but that doesn't mean much.

At least it a littlefor ya
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/26/10 11:44 AM

Quote:

Never heard of it before but that doesn't mean much.

At least it a littlefor ya

Bill i sent info to you but it was out your league you said .Saving on up on trans parts and motor paint

I run a 950 one love it i use the bypass valve setup .my fuel use went down and could build heat in motor .

Attached picture 5888090-mechbypassbig.jpg
Posted By: joshking440

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/26/10 11:56 AM

I know a lot of guys that run both there aerosal n/a carbs and there aerosal blow through, and everyone says the same thing...one of the best carbs they have ever used
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/26/10 01:16 PM

Quote:

Bill i sent info to you but it was out your league you said .Saving on up on trans parts and motor paint

I run a 950 one love it i use the bypass valve setup .my fuel use went down and could build heat in motor .

Yes, you did I didn't really look at their carbs though

That Bypass is a sweet set up.

Posted By: Von

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/26/10 02:19 PM

Jim,

If you want I can get you the phone number for a guy in Bartlesville who has some experience with the aerosol alcohol carbs. He really likes them.

Just let me know.
Posted By: Slingshot383

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/26/10 04:06 PM

C&S has been in business for over 30 years, building race carbs, alcohol carbs, by-passes, and belt driven fuel pumps. They are heavy into stock cars as well as drag cars. They have air cleaners for dominators, and even offset aircleaner bases for tight fit applications.

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/26/10 04:54 PM

Thank you for your replies. I guess when it gets here I'll contact C&S for their input for my combo. Jim
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/26/10 05:35 PM

There should be a number etched on top of the carb, call C&S and give them the number and they will tell you what it was built for, they dont sell off the shelf carbs, every carb they sell is built specific to customer specs, i have an 800 areo. alcohol and a 800 vac sec aero. both built for my 340s but work great on my 440, i couldnt afford the aerosol dominator but i wish i had one
Posted By: 10 o to go

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/26/10 10:30 PM

Quote:

Thank you for your replies. I guess when it gets here I'll contact C&S for their input for my combo. Jim

Roger is the owner he bought it his from uncle ,but worked their.
The pic i posted is close to mine i have the slide fuel log .
I run a barry grant 220 or 280 cant remember .It has a bypass pressure setting .What is needed for their fuel log carb setup is no more than 10lbs pressure .
I cut my piece of the spring to get it psi down .
Your fuel log is the fuel regulator at idle i have about 2 lbs the log valve is open to recirculate back to cell ,as you open throttle
it shuts the valve and put most fuel to carb
works off throttle linkage about 10 lbs.

I have a friend who put one on last week with a fuel regulator ,dont think its going to work that way ,so i'll see tonite .
Don

Attached picture 5889158-BKD9-09-15_032A.jpg

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/27/10 04:32 PM

I guess no interest in the phone number?

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/27/10 07:50 PM

Quote:

Jim,

If you want I can get you the phone number for a guy in Bartlesville who has some experience with the aerosol alcohol carbs. He really likes them.

Just let me know.

Von I will contact C&S when it gets and decide how to proceed. Jim

Re: C&S aerosol billet carb anyone run one? - 03/28/10 03:55 AM

No problem. I was just trying to help you out. This fellow has been around alky carbs and C&S for over twenty years. Thought he might be able to help you.
© 2024 Moparts Forums