Moparts

Sent Axles to Strange

Posted By: PS Arrow

Sent Axles to Strange - 03/22/10 06:01 PM

Shipped my axles to Strange today to be drilled and tapped for 5/8 studs. Question is, how long will they be gone??? Your guess is as good as mine, but anybody want to take a stab??
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/22/10 08:23 PM

strange is pretty fast, I say a week or 2.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 03/22/10 08:28 PM

Posted By: maximum entropy

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/22/10 08:33 PM

Quote:

Why don't you just call and ask them what the turnaround would be?

that's just crazy talk right there.
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/22/10 11:55 PM

Quote:

Shipped my axles to Strange today to be drilled and tapped for 5/8 studs. Question is, how long will they be gone??? Your guess is as good as mine, but anybody want to take a stab??

when I sent mine back to them they shipped them out 3 days after recieving them
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/23/10 12:21 AM

I've always had a pretty good turn around with them,
they did take 2 weeks to re build my struts(2 weeks
back to me), my axles didnt take more than a week
to get to me (new order)

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/23/10 01:06 AM

Quote:

Quote:

I did, the rep said he couldnt give me an answer, could be 2 days could be 2 weeks...
Posted By: Sport440

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/23/10 02:25 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I did, the rep said he couldnt give me an answer, could be 2 days could be 2 weeks...

I think it could be as long as 2 weeks and 2 days. Or less

With this Economy most businesses have been slow. You will probably get it sooner then you think. Thats my stab!

And IMO, to recieve and redrill and ship axels back a 2 week return isnt all that bad. Shipping alone can take 2 to 7 bus, days depending on shipping distances between the two addresses. mike
Posted By: JandJ_Racing

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/23/10 02:38 AM

I narrowed my rear end. I took my strange axles over to them on my lunch hour and picked them up after work I work 2 miles away I think you will get them fast
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/23/10 12:01 PM

Quote:

that's just crazy talk right there.

LOL...Thanks for the laugh!
Posted By: Troublemaker427

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/23/10 03:58 PM

Quote:

What do they charge to do something like this?

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/23/10 04:09 PM

$80 to drill and tap the axles. If you send them with the bearings there is an additional charge to remove and reinstall them.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/23/10 04:53 PM

Quote:

$80 to drill and tap the axles. If you send them with the bearings there is an additional charge to remove and reinstall them.

I had a set done locally. Cost a little more but the guy who did them told me never again. He said that he ruined in tool$ about twice what he charged me.

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/23/10 08:30 PM

I wont lie, I tried, set it up in a mill had a couple nice new carbide bits, set the feed and speed and went for it...now they are off to Strange. Even if I did get them drilled, tapping would have been even harder. The rep at Strange said they had special bits and taps, none of which were cheap.
Posted By: mopar65

Re: Sent Axles to Strange - 03/24/10 12:32 AM

So john are you getting ready to take the car to the strip? would be cool to see some pics of it if you do. John do you torque the 5/8 studs on the 73 dart when you had it? I will be taking the wheels of soon to get some new tires put on and i have never messed with 5/8 studs so i have no clue as how tight you get them. thanks Bobby
© 2024 Moparts Forums