Moparts

Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets?

Posted By: ProSport

Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/21/10 11:08 PM

I wrote down ROL's 1-800 number so I can call them tomorrow but I was just thinking maybe I could help support a Moparts member. I need part #HG31130HT head gaskets.
Posted By: Hemiruss

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/21/10 11:10 PM

I mabye wrong,but didn't NAPA carry Rol? I have some Rol water pump gaskets that I got from NAPA..
Posted By: cl440

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/22/10 02:59 AM

I believe O'reily(sp) sells Rol products and I have ordered them through here before ROL

Price has gone up though. I used to get them for about $40.00 a pair!
Posted By: ahy

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/22/10 03:04 AM

MOPARTS sponsor 440 Source sells ROL gaskets.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/22/10 05:29 AM

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/210540/10002/-1?parentProductId=937090

jegs sells them as the house brand.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/22/10 02:10 PM

Autozone sells them
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/22/10 03:56 PM

Quote:

I wrote down ROL's 1-800 number so I can call them tomorrow but I was just thinking maybe I could help support a Moparts member. I need part #HG31130HT head gaskets.

I'm not totally clear on the situation, but those ROL HT gaskets may be getting phased out and replaced with what use to be Corteco with the white coating.

The (ex?)Corteco are suppose to be good gaskets, but I haven't gotten all the info yet. They are thinner @ .038" compared to ROL .045".

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/22/10 10:57 PM

Quote:

They are thinner @ .038" compared to ROL .045".

Hmmm, I'd like to hear more about these. Do you have a price and part number for the Corteco?

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/22/10 11:08 PM

This is all I know about them. I have one but don't know if it is made with an integral stainless ring like some others, or if it really doesn't need it.

web page

web page

web page

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/23/10 10:53 PM

I talked to Brandon today at 440Source and he said the ROL gasket was discontinued about a year ago.

I think I'd like to get something with the stainless ring around the cylinder.
Any other ideas? 4.380 bore. No Cometics, my surfaces aren't smooth and they're out of my price range.

Looks like the Corteco would be part #55655HG, who sells these?

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/23/10 11:04 PM

Mopar Performance P4349559
Head Gaskets, Composition Type, 4.380 in. Bore, .040 in. Compressed Thickness, Chrysler, Big Block, B/RB, Pair
Fire Ring??

Mopar Performance P4529455
Gaskets Head Composite "B/RB" Up To 4.42" Bore .038" Thick
Fire Ring??
Posted By: CompWedgeEngines

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/23/10 11:37 PM

To make a long story short, Corteco was obviously bought out by ROL. ROL had some cash flow problems, and sold out to another Mexican company, who will apparently and eventually produce the Corteco type gaskets out of Mexico. How long this will take, who knows. You may get some White Seal gaskets, or you may not. They still have mixed inventories between Dallas and Florida warehouses, as well as in Canada.So ROL wasnt really discontinued per say, but many many changes have happened. They do have some gaskets, just not sure WHICH ones. The part number you are quoting is a ROL #. The numbers havent changed from the old ROL numberinmg system.

All that said, how much compression you running? You might want to use the marine Fel Pros. They still have a 300 series stainless fire ring material with a stainless core material sandwiched in the gaslet, but they do not have a wire ring in the combustion area under the core ring. That wont be a big issue unless you have high compression.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/23/10 11:55 PM

I'm about 11.8 to 1.
What's the part number for the Marine gasket?

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/24/10 12:00 AM

Quote:

All that said, how much compression you running? You might want to use the marine Fel Pros. They still have a 300 series stainless fire ring material with a stainless core material sandwiched in the gaslet, but they do not have a wire ring in the combustion area under the core ring. That wont be a big issue unless you have high compression.

Do you know or heard how the performance Corteco gaskets are constructed? Any combustion rings/reinforcements or compression limits?

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/24/10 11:38 PM

I tried calling Corteco for info today but was too late, I'll try earlier tomorrow if I have time at work.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/24/10 11:53 PM

I called Corteco several weeks ago and I believe they told me to call ROL! I emailed my contact there but haven't heard back yet. But it would make sense to call ROL if Corteco sold them their automotive gasket division - or however that that went. I'll need to call too.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/27/10 07:04 PM

Talk about a run-around. I called Corteco and finally someone answered but he seemed kinda clueless on where to order them from, he gave me a customer service number, 1-800-327-1027, but nobody has answered yet.

Is that Jegs gasket listed above the same as the ROL gasket that I listed in my original post?

I called Autozone, Advance, etc. and nobody like that carries the ROL gaskets.

What about the Mopar Performance gaskets I listed above, any good? I know I used one of those on my 451 with no problems.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/28/10 03:37 AM

I think I'm just gonna go with this gasket:

Mopar Performance P4529455
Gaskets Head Composite "B/RB" Up To 4.42" Bore .038" Thick, and has the stainless fire ring.
$73.95 for the pair.

But Summit is showing out of stock on them and Jegs doesn't show them at all on their website, so now I gotta hunt these down.
Posted By: 70AARcuda

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/28/10 03:48 AM

like i said before..the jegs ones I bought for small block were the ROL head gaskets..

looking at the BB ones they appear to be the same unless they have changed them out.

Posted By: mopar dave

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/28/10 01:17 PM

prosport, you may want to try SCE. they also make a compsite gasket. i bought their last ones for small block as there being phased out also, but they may have some left for big block. worth a try.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/28/10 01:51 PM

Quote:

Talk about a run-around. I called Corteco and finally someone answered but he seemed kinda clueless on where to order them from, he gave me a customer service number, 1-800-327-1027, but nobody has answered yet.

That's the ROL tech # in Orlando. When I called Corteco they told me to call ROL also. Makes sense if they sold the gasket line to them. Try again next week. They may have a lot going in in the middle of ownership and/or product line changeover.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/28/10 02:34 PM

As I mentioned earlier. they are in a lot of turmoil at the present time.Probably not your best choice at the moment. When they move everything to Mexico, I dont know if it will get much better. There are other gaskets to use.

Myron, I'll try and call you sometime soon.

Todd

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/28/10 02:42 PM

Quote:

Myron, I'll try and call you sometime soon.
Todd

They might move manufacturing to Mexico, but they just moved their Florida (main?) offices from Oviedo to Orlando and appear to be packaging ROL products there also.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/29/10 01:22 AM

Quote:

like i said before..the jegs ones I bought for small block were the ROL head gaskets..

looking at the BB ones they appear to be the same unless they have changed them out.

I called JEGS and the tech guy said he's not allowed to tell me what brand the JEGS gaskets are because it changes every month or so, whatever they get a deal on.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/29/10 01:36 AM

Summit DOES have this one in stock.......

P4349559
4.38 bore
No lock wire
.040 thick
$59.95 per pair.
For up to 12.5 to 1 compression.(I'm about 11.8 to 1)

These any good? Or any of the other MP gasket's I've mentioned?
Posted By: dbran451

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/29/10 11:51 AM

Bob just bite the bullet and by a set of Fel-Pros

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/30/10 12:56 AM

Quote:

Which part number?
Posted By: Hessu

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/30/10 06:36 AM

Few years ago I buy 5 set of rol hi temp head gaskets from falcon performance:
http://stores.ebay.com/Falcon-Sales-e-Store
At that time they were really cheap.
But gaskets and bill game from internalengineparts:
http://internalengineparts.com/

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/30/10 08:11 PM

Thats to bad the ROL has become so hard to come by! That has been a great gasket for us even at 13.5:1 never an issue!!! I will have to check my local connection and stock up if he can still get them!

Attached picture 5896855-Duster4-19-09.jpg

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/30/10 09:09 PM

Chuck let me know if you find any.

This is really getting frustrating. Especially when all these places are closed by the time I get home from work.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/30/10 09:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Which part number?

z1009 4.410 bore .039 compressed
z1039 4.590 bore .051
1105 4.590 bore .051

take your pick and grab your wallet

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/30/10 10:39 PM

Ok, 1039 is a composition gasket, the 1105 is a steel core laminate. I'm deciding between those 2, which one is best for my 400 block and 440-1 heads?

I'm gonna avoid the 1009, too many horror stories of them overhanging the bore.

But I'm also still wondering what is 'wrong' with the Mopar P4349559 gasket??

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 03/30/10 11:11 PM

Quote:

Ok, 1039 is a composition gasket, the 1105 is a steel core laminate. I'm deciding between those 2, which one is best for my 400 block and 440-1 heads?

I'm gonna avoid the 1009, too many horror stories of them overhanging the bore.

But I'm also still wondering what is 'wrong' with the Mopar P4349559 gasket??

I am not posative but that mopar gasket is a 1009 felpro
I used the 1039 on my low deck with b1bs heads we used 1105s on a low deck with origanl b1

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/01/10 03:26 PM

Quote:

Chuck let me know if you find any.

This is really getting frustrating. Especially when all these places are closed by the time I get home from work.

I just put a call into my "connection" hope to hear something shortly! I will let you know as soon as I can.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/02/10 12:48 PM

Bob you have a PM

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/02/10 01:45 PM

I'm in for a couple spare sets too if the connection works out.

We found something that works great for us, then they stop making it

Bob I tried to find specs on the MP gaskets, and like so many pieces Shep set up, the bill of materials is blank...
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/02/10 07:46 PM

Who makes the Eddlebrock gaskets?
They are white, 4.450" .038"
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-7325/

Mark
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/02/10 08:06 PM

Corteco..which is now ROL!! And they are not white anymore,they are a light blue color.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/06/10 05:11 PM

Quote:

I'm in for a couple spare sets too if the connection works out.

We found something that works great for us, then they stop making it

Bob I tried to find specs on the MP gaskets, and like so many pieces Shep set up, the bill of materials is blank...

Well the connection worked out but I ordered 6 and only received 4. The last 2 are on back order but I was told not to expect to see them.......ever!
I will have to be selfish and keep these 4 for myself! Sorry! If the other 2 come in I will let you know but don't hold your breath, it does not sound promising!

Attached picture 5910558-Duster9-13-09.jpg

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/08/10 10:09 PM

Quote:

Corteco..which is now ROL!! And they are not white anymore,they are a light blue color.

So are these Edelbrock Corteco's any good? Seem awful cheap in price.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/09/10 12:31 AM

I just got some small block Corteco/ROL head gaskets and they are still white. But ROL always had very good prices for what you got in head gaskets. I hope these are as good. But it may be a while before I actually put the white ones to use because I have a fresh engine that's been ready to go in that was assembled with the old dark grey HT ROL gaskets.
Posted By: Hemi Allstate

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/09/10 03:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

So are these Edelbrock Corteco's any good? Seem awful cheap in price.

I thought so too, and they are available. I bought a set a while back, but haven't run that engine .....yet.
Mark

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/09/10 11:00 PM

I think I'm gonna try these Edelbrock/ROL gaskets, or at least go look at them at Summit this weekend.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/10/10 12:52 AM

Please post what you find out...
Posted By: DoubleD

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/10/10 01:36 AM

Bob,

Got the solution to all your gasket problems!

Attached picture 5917000-images.jpg

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/10/10 08:25 AM

That's always an option Dave!

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/15/10 02:16 AM

Ok, I finally had a few minutes to run in Summit and check out the Edelbrock/ROL #7325 head gaskets. 4.45 bore, .038 thick, steel core laminate, and they are white in color. The guy at Summit said they look like good quality and that construction should be good for 12 to 1 plus.

I would have bought them if I hadn't already special ordered some new copper gaskets.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/15/10 02:22 PM

Aren't the white ones the ones Andy put a picture of in his book...that don't fit the dowels correctly?

Not that it's a big deal to take care of, it just seems rather odd

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/15/10 06:19 PM

The guy at Summit told me they were now light blue.Guess he didn't look at them like he said he did.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/15/10 06:47 PM

There have been/is a mix of blue and white gaskets. For a while, you didnt know which ones you may get.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/21/10 08:12 PM

Well,we still don't know!! I ordered a set of Edelbrock gaskets and they are Fel-Pro 8519PT-1's.For $53.00 they will go back to Summit.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/21/10 08:40 PM

Quote:

Well,we still don't know!! I ordered a set of Edelbrock gaskets and they are Fel-Pro 8519PT-1's.For $53.00 they will go back to Summit.

$53.00 each?!?!!??!

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/21/10 10:18 PM

No,that was for a pair.Summit sells the 8519's for $17 and some change each,but Edelbrock should be ashamed of themselves.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/22/10 01:35 AM

What??? I had them bring a set of Edelbrock's to the counter to look at and they were the white steel core laminate's.

Were your 8519's in an Edelbrock package?

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/22/10 08:21 PM

YES!! Evidently Edelbrock is using Fel Pro as their supplier now.Not really a big deal as my combo is mild... only 9.2 compression.

Now Summit went above board on this as they refunded the difference between the price of the Eddy gaskets and what they sell the 8519's for and said to keep the "Edelbrock" gaskets,and I didn't ask them to do that.

Re: Are there any members here that sell ROL gaskets? - 04/22/10 11:01 PM

I'll say it again:

Quote: "There have been/is a mix of blue and white gaskets. For a while, you didnt know which ones you may get".

Same went for Ebrock, When supplies got limited, they went with Fel pros.Could have gotten either.

ROL is not a very consistent company to deal with . I explained it all early on, that they are a very " in flux" company right now.
© 2024 Moparts Forums