Moparts

strengthen a stroker 408

Posted By: madmax2

strengthen a stroker 408 - 03/13/10 04:08 AM

A buddy broke your stroker cast crank...
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=5853870
... and want to buy a new forge crank and do more strong the block bottom end.

we have some doubts:
Is it necessary to change the main caps? if so, what aftermarket main caps brand recommends, 2 or 4 bolts main caps (the block it's a 360 LA)?
Do you consider the use of main caps girdles?
Can use maincaps girdles with a windage tray... fit in a stock pan?

Thanks,

pd:excuse my poor English
Posted By: AndyF

Re: strengthen a stroker 408 - 03/13/10 05:13 AM

Talk to the guys at Hughes Engines. They should be able to take care of all of your questions. They sell forged cranks, rotating assemblies, girdles, etc.
Posted By: 77DragracerR/T

Re: strengthen a stroker 408 - 03/13/10 03:46 PM

I bought a Scat Stroker Kit and everything came as a forged kit,optional compression in pistons.Some people like to fill the block with block hardener and you can do this either as a full fill or half fill.If you decide to fill the block you must have the cylinders rebored.
Don't worry about your english,it's better then a lot of the people that live here. (Canada)
Posted By: moper

Re: strengthen a stroker 408 - 03/13/10 06:27 PM

I wold talk to DRAM here. He's got a good selection of ready to install packages and he's closer (FL). Also, have him balance the set, and I would replace the dampener with something quality. As there wasnt a lot of detail posted on the eagle deal I'm thinking some of those little details were overlooked or underspent. On the caps... You don't need caps until you're over 500hp. If you need caps, I use 2-bolt because 4 bolt doesnt do much except weaken the main web with extra holes. You do need studs IMO regardless of the hp level.
© 2024 Moparts Forums