Moparts

Dana Full Floater

Posted By: Zapp

Dana Full Floater - 03/04/10 06:29 PM

Looking at getting a Dana for my Challenger and Ive noticed no-one seems to build Full floaters, is there a reason for this that I am missing??

Thanks in Advance for you help

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/05/10 11:02 PM

Just remember seeing a Mates Car which was just finished on its first weekend out break an axle, loose a wheel turn hard right and hit a wall, I dont want to happen to me.........
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/05/10 11:04 PM

the mopar style axle retainers shouldn't allow that to happen. Sounds like your friend had a ford or gm car with c-clip retainers..
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 03/05/10 11:31 PM

Posted By: W.I.N. Racing

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/06/10 12:36 AM

I put one in mine... Dana 60 w/strange floaters
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/06/10 01:19 AM

The car in my avatar was built with a FF Dana.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/06/10 02:50 AM

Quote:

Quote:

the mopar style axle retainers shouldn't allow that to happen. Sounds like your friend had a ford or gm car with c-clip retainers..

]

unless it broke right at the flange which is very rare if even possible

my dana has a serious retainer plate incorporated into caliper mount bracket

Friend of mine broke a Moser axle at the flange just before the bearing, ripped off the caliper, rolled under the quarter pannel, tore up the slick. Moser did replace the axle at no charge. Had to eat the rest.

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/06/10 03:10 AM

Quote:

Yeah It was a 9"! so no c clip, axle broke right at flange leaving bearing retainer and remainder of axle in the diff. Wheel and brake over took car before it hit wall

I am not at all familiar with Dana's but the Hemi Tim at FHO is building me will kill my current Diff so I thought I would get the best set-up I can, Where is the best deal on complete Dana set-ups
Posted By: Kevins493

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/06/10 05:07 AM

well a 9" shouldn't have them...
Posted By: rebel

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/06/10 06:00 AM

can't afford a Dana, the dirty old f#rd has to do.

Attached picture 5848088-23-08-09_17041.jpg

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/06/10 07:01 AM

Still not sure what to do as 9" are so popular ratio changes are readily available, not many Dana's in this area of Australia
Posted By: The Shadow

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/06/10 11:20 AM

Quote:

I am not at all familiar with Dana's but the Hemi Tim at FHO is building me will kill my current Diff so I thought I would get the best set-up I can, Where is the best deal on complete Dana set-ups

I know Dr Diff has good deals.
Bear's is a place close to FHO and they have reasonable prices.
http://www.bearsperformanceproducts.com/
Tim maybe can swing something to have everything shipped at once.

Posted By: Defbob

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/06/10 01:11 PM

Quote:

well a 9" shouldn't have them...

Stock axles
Posted By: Dartbloke

Re: Dana Full Floater - 03/06/10 02:04 PM

I have seen both an 8 3/4" and a Dana 60 shaft break just behind the flange, wheel tore up the quarter in both cases, luckily neither happened at any speed...
© 2024 Moparts Forums