Moparts

Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today

Posted By: instigator

Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 12:43 AM

My buddy called me up this afternoon and said that a grey or silver E-body Challenger was up at Piedmont (north carolina) today. He didn't get a good look at it but the turbo appeared to be in place of one of the headlights...appeared to be a 91 or larger....anyone know who this may be or any details....

I worked most of the day on the shortblock today....took a little bit to get back in the swing but I atleast I got something done.

Block cleaned, tapped front oilgalley for plugs instead of press-plugs, cleaned again. Got crank installed and started putting pistons/rods together....rings are file-fit also.

Got to get back out to the track to make sure I'm top dog E-body.
Posted By: Cudahlr

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 12:49 AM

Maybe Kurt Busch

Attached picture 5836686-Kurt_Bush_001.jpg

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 01:41 AM

I got a feeling that's who it is.....my bud is getting me a couple pics ...I'll post them soon.

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 01:48 AM

Here they are...

Attached picture 5836849-IMGP2024-2.jpg

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 01:56 AM

One more.....Better pics can be had by e-mail.

Attached picture 5836863-IMGP2025-3.jpg
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 02:08 AM

Quote:

Maybe Kurt Busch

pretty hard for hime to be there today, considering he was in a cup car all afternoon in Vegas

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 02:12 AM

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 02:13 AM

Posted By: Dos Snails

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 03:06 AM

What did it run?

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 03:15 AM

According to my bud, it was not very fast...YET....something like 8's (in the 1/8th) at 100mph.....definetly just working out bugs.
Posted By: ksj

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 03:19 AM

It looks like Kurt's Chally.I saw pics somewhere but cant find them.Though they were on compplus but arent.It was a two tone black over silver.I remember it because my wife said the lighter color should have been on top. He was wanting to run the GatorNationals in S/G foot braking it.
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 03:51 AM

if it is in fact Kurt he is probably just having someone else shake the car out for him
Posted By: rickstershemi

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 03:08 PM

Quote:

There is no doubt that is Kurts Challenger....he made a statement this weekend at Vegas that they were testing at Piedmont for the upcoming Gators Race "He didn't want to be embarrassed" .... LOL

Here's the car at his shop and you can see it's the same one...nice, but my guess is he will be 1st round runner-up and the grade point deal if he doesn't have one doesn't sit well with me....know matter who he is

Kurt also ran a Prostock at Piedmont with Roy Hill....Piedmont is one of my favorite tracks...

Rickster
Posted By: chrisf

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 03:15 PM

wow. can roy hill actually still fit in a race car?
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 03/01/10 10:17 PM

Posted By: joshking440

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/01/10 10:40 PM

Quote:

.twins in the lights

whats up with this post fred??? something tie these two cars together?
Posted By: 2k1AmberR/T

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/02/10 02:09 AM

Quote:

.twins in the lights

That's incredible.
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/18/10 04:43 AM

kurt said on NHRA its making 1176 HP... and hopes to get into the ,7,s soon,, didntthink super gas allowed turbos,,but i dont follow the smaller classes,,he bought the car off e bAG 2 years ago from a guy in nebraska for 15 grand,,,stripped it and threw the parts away he says,,,,guess he never heard E body parts are like gold,,,he got a provisional to go in to a points race with no points because he is "SOMEONE"

Post deleted by Defbob - 03/18/10 05:36 AM

Posted By: Defbob

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/18/10 12:10 PM

Quote:

kurt said on NHRA its making 1176 HP... and hopes to get into the ,7,s soon,, didntthink super gas allowed turbos,,but i dont follow the smaller classes,,he bought the car off e bAG 2 years ago from a guy in nebraska for 15 grand,,,stripped it and threw the parts away he says,,,,guess he never heard E body parts are like gold,,,he got a provisional to go in to a points race with no points because he is "SOMEONE"

Figures Now does NHRA think they are going to get more people in the stands because a circle track racer is going to be participating in an index class? I don't think Nascar would give a Pro Stock racer special treatment if he/she wanted to participate in one race.
Posted By: furious70

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/18/10 05:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Figures Now does NHRA think they are going to get more people in the stands because a circle track racer is going to be participating in an index class? I don't think Nascar would give a Pro Stock racer special treatment if he/she wanted to participate in one race.

I bet they would for Ashley Force :P

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/19/10 04:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

i agree,,and i think your correct,,NHRA is all about the money,,last year when Z MAX was built,,they said NO WAY to 4 WIDE fuel cars racing,,,pinks all out does it fills the grand stands,,and waa laa NHRA is now trying to partner up with pinks some how,,,and NHRA is racing 4 WIDE il be there next week to whitness it,,,,

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/19/10 04:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

you may be right,,then danica would have a rivel,,,lol
Posted By: Defbob

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/19/10 11:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would do anything for her too

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/20/10 11:59 PM

Quote:

1176 ? why even bother with the turbo ? he can do that with an NA motor

It's a new style 6.1 Hemi.....ain't going to make 1200hp NA.....

Post deleted by Defbob - 03/21/10 12:34 AM

Re: Turbo Challenger at Piedmont Today - 03/21/10 03:53 AM

From what I have seen in pics and been told by some people who saw it at Gainsville, it is top notch...

Oh but the new mill is coming together finally and I would be happy to meet up against it some time!
© 2024 Moparts Forums