Moparts

VALVESPRING TESTER

Posted By: Old School

VALVESPRING TESTER - 02/28/10 10:01 PM

looking for a good bench mount valvespring tester.needs to go to at least 900lbs. what do you guys use?
also how about a good on engine valvespring remover. whats the best out there?
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: VALVESPRING TESTER - 02/28/10 11:38 PM

Quote:

looking for a good bench mount valvespring tester.needs to go to at least 900lbs. what do you guys use?

Rimac 1000 lb. benh model I have both models that Moapr use to sell for the SB and the BB I think Comp Cams sells the same brand
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: VALVESPRING TESTER - 02/28/10 11:41 PM

What rockers? Buxton Engineering make the best on head removal tool out there http://www.buxtonengineering.com/index.php

LSM Racing is a close second
http://www.lsmproducts.com/
Posted By: Crizila

Re: VALVESPRING TESTER - 03/01/10 01:09 AM

Go to Hughes web sight. I think they have a used one for sale.
Posted By: Old School

Re: VALVESPRING TESTER - 03/01/10 01:50 AM

thanks al,thats exactly what i was looking for. have you used the on head spring tester? would it be better to buy a bench tester and pull the springs to test?
i n eed them for jessel,s on 572-13,s and t&d,s on indy sr,s.
Posted By: topside

Re: VALVESPRING TESTER - 03/01/10 03:54 AM

We make & sell them in 300lb, 600lb and 1000lb sizes, for $62. Mounts in a vise, drill press, what have you. Accurate within 1%, and has a 3.25" gauge face. PM me if you're interested.
Posted By: CDoering

Re: VALVESPRING TESTER - 03/01/10 04:27 AM

Brian,

If you need one right away I can borrow the bench top tester from work this week. I have to return your compressor anyway. I'm off all week recovering from the latest round of jaw surgery.

Chris
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: VALVESPRING TESTER - 03/01/10 05:02 AM

Brian,Yes I have the on head tester. The LSM piece works well. I check them with a bench top unit first upon install but we use the on head to keep track of them during the season. The removal tool from LSM is nice and works well. The Buxton piece is easier to use but on this engine in my car it does not fit well due to engine set back. IIRC LSM will give you a break on price if you buy the removal tool and tester together. Lance is a great guy and a heck of a racer as well.
Posted By: SCDaytona

Re: VALVESPRING TESTER - 03/01/10 10:14 AM

I use the LSM on head vavle spring removal tool and it works great. Bought their spring tester and found it would give me a differnent reading each time I checked the spring pressure. Retuned it and bought a Buxton. It is repeatable.
Posted By: go green

Re: VALVESPRING TESTER - 03/01/10 04:00 PM

I have the LSM tool for removing the spring on the head . ( I keep on breaking inners ?? )
and the LSM head tester .

I use a Longarc bench tester 0 - 1200 PSI

I had to modify the on head tester because of the canted valve angle.

Attached picture 5838167-enhaaaaa020.JPG
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: VALVESPRING TESTER - 03/01/10 05:12 PM

Quote:

Rimac, the best that I know of.
© 2024 Moparts Forums