Moparts

ROOTS BLOWER NEEDS FRESHEN UP,QUESTIONS??

Posted By: hemi-itis

ROOTS BLOWER NEEDS FRESHEN UP,QUESTIONS?? - 02/28/10 03:42 PM

My blower is basicly untouched for 10 years.What would be done on a freshening and what are the approximate costs???

Attached picture 5835489-refresh2010013.JPG

Re: ROOTS BLOWER NEEDS FRESHEN UP,QUESTIONS?? - 02/28/10 03:42 PM

Attached picture 5835490-refresh2010014.JPG

Re: ROOTS BLOWER NEEDS FRESHEN UP,QUESTIONS?? - 02/28/10 03:43 PM

Attached picture 5835491-refresh2010015.JPG

Re: ROOTS BLOWER NEEDS FRESHEN UP,QUESTIONS?? - 02/28/10 03:44 PM

4.I did rotate for each pic

Attached picture 5835493-refresh2010016.JPG
Posted By: Bryx512

Re: ROOTS BLOWER NEEDS FRESHEN UP,QUESTIONS?? - 02/28/10 05:43 PM

I've got a Dyer's 6v-71 that needs a freshening also.
Posted By: elephant express

Re: ROOTS BLOWER NEEDS FRESHEN UP,QUESTIONS?? - 03/02/10 03:49 AM

Hemi-itis
I had RBS SUPERCHARGERS set up a SSI 14:71 for a prostreet Cuda I'm building and they did a good job and I think fair price. All new bearing,seals gaskets and reclearance eveything for gas with shipping $629.80 dollars. www.rbssuperchargers.com
Thanks Joe
Posted By: b1headman

Re: ROOTS BLOWER NEEDS FRESHEN UP,QUESTIONS?? - 03/03/10 01:36 AM

Fowler engines in Columbus,oh can do it.You can reach them at Fowlerengines.com.
Posted By: 23T Hemmee

Re: ROOTS BLOWER NEEDS FRESHEN UP,QUESTIONS?? - 03/03/10 03:29 AM

Since you're in NY, Oddy would make the most sense, although all 3 that have been mentioned are excellent. I've had great luck with JR at RBS, he even built a wooden shipping crate to ship mine back this last time a couple of months ago. Shipping from Nashville to Northern Cal. was a little over $100 each way though. A lot of the guys that run PC-1 and PC-2 with the NPCA seem real happy with Fowler. One thing I really like about RBS, he carries all kinds of periphial pieces that are hard to find anywhere else. BTW what kind of usage, heads-up, fast bracket, fast street? Reason I ask, your rotors really look good to have 10 years on them, if you havn't had a decrease in performance, and need consistency more than total power, believe I would just check the gears for wear or excess backlash, and make sure the teflon hasn't come out anywhere. Fresh stripping is great but it will lose 5-7% in two or 3 passes, but will stay consistent for quite a while after. Not trying to talk you in or out of anything, just trying to weigh out the gains for the expense involved.

Re: ROOTS BLOWER NEEDS FRESHEN UP,QUESTIONS?? - 03/03/10 03:44 AM

The shop that is doing my work is very familiar with blowers,going by my description Gary said I might need some bearings and he will check the gears.He also said if the strips were in good condition,he might not even restrip it.We were on the phone for well over an hour last night.He has been blown for 40 years
Posted By: fstfish66

Re: ROOTS BLOWER NEEDS FRESHEN UP,QUESTIONS?? - 03/18/10 04:37 AM

i just replied to your topic removing lobes,,,,but you ment rotors,,,i posted pics of disassembly,,,if you cant do this your self,,BIG ALS toy box is closer to you in NY,,, he is in CT or MASS,, i can get you his number if you like,,,,
© 2024 Moparts Forums