Moparts

Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing??

Posted By: StealthWedge67

Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing?? - 02/27/10 07:03 AM

Any feedback on this?:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAT-WP-44...=item1c03b5d1b2
Posted By: moparts

Re: Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing?? - 02/27/10 02:13 PM

Same as what 440source sells , but they have a better price

http://store.440source.com/Aluminum-Water-Pump-Housing-Combo-Deal-New/productinfo/113-1016/

Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing?? - 02/27/10 02:35 PM

I have a cat water pump. been on the car for 3 years. no trouble..
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing?? - 02/27/10 02:39 PM

Mancini has one for $99.00.....at least they did at the CC swap meet. I just bought the alum housing ($75.00) as I didn't need the pump.

Russ
Posted By: MaxWedge65

Re: Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing?? - 02/27/10 03:22 PM

Just bought one from KMJ Performance off ebay. Housing and pump $99 plus $20 shipping. Looks pretty nice, received it the other day.
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing?? - 02/27/10 04:00 PM

What is it going on..
If just a street-stocker, why not.
If building a high HP thumper, get the Mopar parts. Several weeks backs there was mention that the cat/440Source housing had smaller internal flow capability...

Just my $0.01...
Posted By: StealthWedge67

Re: Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing?? - 02/27/10 04:38 PM

Quote:

Several weeks backs there was mention that the cat/440Source housing had smaller internal flow capability...

Just my $0.01...

Exactly why I'm asking for feedback on this one. Might be the same exact casting as the Source item... might not????
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing?? - 02/27/10 05:12 PM

I paid $69 for my CAT housing and about $35 for the pump off eBay. That was a few years ago and the motor runs cool with no problems(leaks)
Posted By: RylisPro

Re: Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing?? - 02/27/10 05:30 PM

Quote:

Exactly why I'm asking for feedback on this one. Might be the same exact casting as the Source item... might not????

440source____________________________________________Mancini
I used to have the 440source housing, it looked fine but after reading the thread about their pumps and smaller housing ports
I decided to return it and get a Mancini housing.

I actually lost money on the deal by returning it but was happier with the bigger ports.
So save some money & just get a Mancini
Posted By: Sinitro

Re: Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing?? - 02/27/10 09:08 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Several weeks backs there was mention that the cat/440Source housing had smaller internal flow capability...

Just my $0.01...

Cat, PRW & 440Source use common Chinese vendors so yes they are the same. If you visit the Long Beach or Pomona CA swap meet you can find this stuff dirt cheap. The MSD knock-off distributor and box sell for $49 each, the hi-po Cat roller rockers are $99. Shop around that stuff is sold cheep...

Just my $0.01..
Posted By: Chris2581

Re: Anyone using a CAT waterpump & housing?? - 02/27/10 09:22 PM

I have a CAT water pump with the Mopar housing and it cools fine.I didn't know it was a CAT pump when I ordered it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums