Moparts

Intake gasket??

Posted By: WICKD6PK

Intake gasket?? - 02/23/10 10:09 PM

OK had some work done to my intake and was wondering do you guys reuse the ol tub or go new??? I read the edelbrock instr that you have to use the paper gaskets also??? I have never used them just the plain ol tub. Thanks guys!
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: Intake gasket?? - 02/23/10 10:14 PM

I have never used the tub with other gaskets together.
Those old tubs can be use many times, as long as they are in good shape...
I like that Shellac (sp?) Indian Head brush on stuff, usually has a brush made on the lid...Nasty stuff but does a very good job for these valley pans.
Advance carries some, I think Perma-Tex makes there brand of Shellac.
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Intake gasket?? - 02/23/10 10:20 PM

Quote:

I have never used the tub with other gaskets together.
Those old tubs can be use many times, as long as they are in good shape...

Posted By: MRMOPAR622

Re: Intake gasket?? - 02/23/10 10:34 PM

Before I went to the Indy heads I always had a problem using the tub and paper gasket. So I made me a valley plate out of plexi-glass similar to the Indy plate.I stoped it at the bottom of the head and used silicon to seal it to the heads. That way I could use the nice thick Mr Gasket ones with no problem. And you could see down in the lifter area to check things out. But after a while it stain the glass and you could not see in the lifter area very well.
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: Intake gasket?? - 02/23/10 11:19 PM

How thick was the Lexan?
Posted By: dodgeboy11

Re: Intake gasket?? - 02/23/10 11:26 PM

I use the valley pan and a gasket on each side. But I had to cut the intake so everything would line up properly.
Posted By: sturmenater

Re: Intake gasket?? - 02/23/10 11:30 PM

Quote:

Before I went to the Indy heads I always had a problem using the tub and paper gasket. So I made me a valley plate out of plexi-glass similar to the Indy plate.I stoped it at the bottom of the head and used silicon to seal it to the heads. That way I could use the nice thick Mr Gasket ones with no problem. And you could see down in the lifter area to check things out. But after a while it stain the glass and you could not see in the lifter area very well.

wow i think im going to steal that idea i wonder if i could coat the bottom side with a clear coat or something to keep it from staining
Posted By: WICKD6PK

Re: Intake gasket?? - 02/25/10 12:44 AM

thanks for the input guys i never used those gaskets either but just wanted to make sure i wasnt missin somethin thanks again!
© 2024 Moparts Forums