Moparts

Gladiator Trailer tires....Anyone used them????

Posted By: Chassisman

Gladiator Trailer tires....Anyone used them???? - 02/23/10 06:58 AM

I have an opportunity to buy 8 of these to replace my trailer tires....the cost is UNDER...500.00...anyone ever use them???
http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?ds...p;nichtweiter=1
Posted By: deansrr

Re: Gladiator Trailer tires....Anyone used them???? - 02/23/10 03:01 PM

been in tire business 30+ years, never heard of them

Re: Gladiator Trailer tires....Anyone used them???? - 02/23/10 06:30 PM

Quote:

been in tire business 30+ years, never heard of them

HMMMMMM.....here's their website and the tread on the upper left tires is exactly like the trailer tires I'm looking at.
http://www.gladiatortires.com/page_three.php
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Gladiator Trailer tires....Anyone used them???? - 02/23/10 06:36 PM

Can you say chinese? Cheap china tires, how much is your rig and time worth?

Re: Gladiator Trailer tires....Anyone used them???? - 02/23/10 06:41 PM

Quote:

Can you say chinese? Cheap china tires, how much is your rig and time worth?

The only reason I even considered them is because a local trucking company uses them and has had great results...our local tire shops want 129 ea for the Tow Masters(thats whats on there now and have had a lot of failures) and 189 for Maxxis which are backorder....UGH
Posted By: Thor500

Re: Gladiator Trailer tires....Anyone used them???? - 02/23/10 07:24 PM

I sell trailers, and trailer tires and I have never heard of them, just because they might be Chianese don't nescesarily make em bad. The USA made Carlisles are hands down the worst tire out there.
Posted By: Challenger 1

Re: Gladiator Trailer tires....Anyone used them???? - 02/23/10 07:59 PM

Well I won't say all chinese tires are bad, but I have bought at least three different chinese tires brands for my work trucks they have been CRAP. Plain and simple, I learned the hard way, no more chinese tires for my business.

Re: Gladiator Trailer tires....Anyone used them???? - 02/23/10 09:41 PM

Well problem solved....a tire shop in the next town over is sponsoring me a set of Greenball/TowMaster load range E's...YEEHA !!!!!!!!...I guess it pays to use one guy for all your tire purchases....I was talking to my "guy" over there and the owner just happen to hear me talking to him on the phone....picked up the line and told me get the trailer over there to get hooked up !!!!
Posted By: sg66mopar

Re: Gladiator Trailer tires....Anyone used them???? - 02/23/10 11:13 PM

The Towmasters are what a lot of our local racers are using now, myself included. I have 15" E range on my trailer and so far so good. Some of my friends have 10K or more on them with very few problems.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to endorse ANYTHING made "off shore". Just an observation.

I built and sold trailers for over 25 years and always used the Goodyear marathons if the customer would pay for them.
© 2024 Moparts Forums