Moparts

External oil kits

Posted By: Cheatham

External oil kits - 02/21/10 02:00 AM

I ordered Milodon 21010 with external filter mounting cover21215, going in a Dart with slant6 schumacher conversion mounts there is NO way it going to fit, motor is installed with the HV oil pump and i opened up the fitting for a 1/2 pick up tube and was wanting to upgrade the oiling system, is there another kit i can exchange for or should i keep the set up that i already have. motor plate isnt an option. Has anyone dealt with this in this type of situation?
Posted By: strokin73cuda

Re: External oil kits - 02/21/10 03:46 AM

I have no idea. for ya
Posted By: hemi-itis

Re: External oil kits - 02/21/10 03:59 AM

Can ya post some pic's of what you have??
Posted By: Bob_Coomer

Re: External oil kits - 02/21/10 04:27 AM

I know you dont want to hear this but a motor plate or elephant ears with some kind of other limiter is the best.
Its easy enough to mill the water pump housing, to make pulley alignment work.
Posted By: rowin4

Re: External oil kits - 02/21/10 05:48 AM

Why won't the pump work?

Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Re: External oil kits - 02/21/10 03:28 PM

i run the external stuff with motor mounts. i just used the milodon pump with a stock type cover, works well.

Posted By: Cheatham

Re: External oil kits - 02/21/10 05:27 PM

Quote:

i run the external stuff with motor mounts. i just used the milodon pump with a stock type cover, works well.

I see that Milodon has a similar set up as yours but next issue looks like the lower radiater hose will be in the way of the fitting on the front of the oil pump??
Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Re: External oil kits - 02/21/10 05:58 PM

There is a rubber hose that will work, Andy F had it listed in his book. At the time i put this together i didn't know about it so i just went with the blingy tuner hoses from summit.
© 2024 Moparts Forums