Moparts

Pushrod problems

Posted By: Dartin

Pushrod problems - 02/17/10 12:41 AM

I'll start with a little background. The motor is a low deck 451 with B1-BS heads. Small roller cam and pretty modest spring pressure. I'm using the rockers that Koffels sells for the heads. When I built the motor I called on a local company to make up some moly pushrods for me. After about 7 passes, this is what I found. [image][/image]

Re: Pushrod problems - 02/17/10 12:45 AM

Sorry the pics are so big and unclear. The formed end of the pushrod collapsed and took out a rocker arem Not pretty.
But wait! There's more. I took the pushrods back to the manufacturer and they admitted that they were not heat treated properly. A new set was made with a ball insert and heat treated properly. I paid for the upgrade on the insert. [image][/image]

Re: Pushrod problems - 02/17/10 12:47 AM

I thought my problems were solved. Then tonight while cleaning up I found this.... [image][/image]

Re: Pushrod problems - 02/17/10 12:51 AM

I'm at my wits end with this company. While I was there they told about all the companies they make pushrods for. I don't want to throw them under the bus until I talk to them in the morning and see how they handle it but i will say that there have been known problems with some of their customers pushrods....
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Pushrod problems - 02/17/10 01:14 AM

WOW! With the end coming off like that, it will be easy to shorten the pushrod anyway. That rocker should buff right out too...$$$
230 lbs. seat/530 lbs. nose is all those pushrods ever saw.
Posted By: stevehiss

Re: Pushrod problems - 02/17/10 02:33 AM

Quote:

I'm at my wits end with this company. While I was there they told about all the companies they make pushrods for. I don't want to throw them under the bus until I talk to them in the morning and see how they handle it but i will say that there have been known problems with some of their customers pushrods....

i usually just squeeze the end so the cup fits tight

is the 7 runs on the the motor since it was built or just on the pushrods

why did you get them from a company if you knew others have had issues with them,just curious

the rocker is junk in my opinion

i used a kit from hughes engines with good success , 295 lbs on the seat
Posted By: enelson

Re: Pushrod problems - 02/17/10 03:14 AM

Quote:

call smith bros or manton and be done.... I wouldnt run any other aside from stock or warmly modded stuff...
Posted By: Chilort

Re: Pushrod problems - 02/17/10 03:43 AM

Just don't tell me it was Trend. I don't think I could handle it.

Re: Pushrod problems - 02/17/10 10:20 AM

Quote:

Just don't tell me it was Trend. I don't think I could handle it.

Not Trend. They are in my area too. May be who the next ones come from.

Re: Pushrod problems - 02/17/10 10:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

i usually just squeeze the end so the cup fits tight

is the 7 runs on the the motor since it was built or just on the pushrods

why did you get them from a company if you knew others have had issues with them,just curious

the rocker is junk in my opinion

The 7 runs are on the pushrods.

I was unaware of the problems with them when I had them make the first set. Only reason I had a second set made was that they wanted to make things right.

Rocker is obviously junk.
© 2024 Moparts Forums