Moparts

Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4!

Posted By: Jacob Pitt

Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/12/10 10:12 PM

My Aunt and Uncle are purchasing a '77 Volare H/SA car for me to drive for them. This will be my first chance at getting a class car, or any car that will allow me to run Divisionals and Nationals. Will run both NHRA and IHRA. I am pretty excited about it. Here's a couple pics.

Attached picture 5799940-IMG_0349.JPG

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/12/10 10:13 PM

Another.

Attached picture 5799942-7994.jpg
Posted By: SB412DUSTER

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/12/10 10:14 PM

Looks good

Good luck with it
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/12/10 10:17 PM

Cool! How fast is it?

You'll need "grade points" to enter NHRA national events but don't need any for IHRA national events. Any chance of making it to the IHRA Mardi Gras Nitro Jam in Baton Rouge, LA in 3 weeks?

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/12/10 10:22 PM

Quote:

Cool! How fast is it?

You'll need "grade points" to enter NHRA national events but don't need any for IHRA national events. Any chance of making it to the IHRA Mardi Gras Nitro Jam in Baton Rouge, LA in 3 weeks?

Hey Myron. There was talk about making the race but my Uncle's Top Dragster ride is not ready yet. So I'm not sure if it is doable or not. The car is supposed to run 1.20 under in H/SA trim and can also run G/SA with some weight out of it. It has a lot of class wins and is supposed to be a Top 5 car according to Mike Cotten. It is a very clean car and I am really excited for the oppertunity. We are definetly going to the Pro Am race at Dallas Raceway in March.
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/12/10 10:23 PM

Stockers are Cool!
Posted By: Locomotion

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/12/10 10:42 PM

Quote:

Hey Myron. There was talk about making the race but my Uncle's Top Dragster ride is not ready yet. So I'm not sure if it is doable or not. The car is supposed to run 1.20 under in H/SA trim and can also run G/SA with some weight out of it. It has a lot of class wins and is supposed to be a Top 5 car according to Mike Cotten. It is a very clean car and I am really excited for the oppertunity. We are definetly going to the Pro Am race at Dallas Raceway in March.

Cool! Probably 1.2 under the old NHRA index. They cut .3 off across the board. IHRA has stayed the same. Nonetheless, that flying. If Mike Cotton said it was a good car, it must be!
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/12/10 11:01 PM

Good Luck with it, I like Mike Cottons SS/JA Cuda.
Posted By: DavidDean

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/12/10 11:39 PM

Very Nice ! Good Luck! Does one of the Louisana guys run a simular car? Maybe in super stock?
Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/12/10 11:59 PM

At least they picked a very qualified driver IMO.
Posted By: cgall

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/13/10 12:15 AM

You should do well in that class. Many of those guys are ET chasers and not so much drivers.

Takes a lot of patience, though. The time between runs is far greater than at any bracket race. Stock is often called out for first round Sunday morning at 8:30.
Posted By: Mroctober

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/13/10 01:54 AM

My friend from LA, and Miss, G/sa They ran for years! Then NHRA start add Horse power every year mess up the Class try to slow them down, See you at NO PROBLEM!!!

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/13/10 02:25 AM

Thanks guys! Yes there is another Volare running around in SS that is red and has a big tire under. It is a very cool looking car. I got to sit in this car Wednesday night and it has no blind spots in it which is very cool. It will be different waiting between rounds so long. I think I'll like IHRA more since they run two races over the weekend.
Posted By: stage3

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/13/10 02:57 AM

Did a guy named Michael Colaluca own/drive it at one time?

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/13/10 03:13 AM

I'm not sure. I do know that we are buying it from Butch Marlow so if you know him then you might know who he bought it from.
Posted By: mr_340

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/13/10 04:58 AM

Quote:

Thanks guys! Yes there is another Volare running around in SS that is red and has a big tire under. It is a very cool looking car.

I think that was Sonny Stancil's old car. He's from Loose-EE-Anna and seems to be teamed up with James Caro. I'm not sure if Stancil still owns the Volare/Aspen or not. I'm pretty sure it still makes the races at Ennis (Division races).
Posted By: 67HEMI

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/13/10 03:45 PM

Hope to see you at Belle Rose March 19-21. My cousin from Longview will be running his 73 Duster. I think he is removing ballast and moving up to F/SA. Hopefully they will have a good field of AH cars too.
Posted By: Dago Red

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/16/10 01:01 AM

Jake, that's terrific. Welcome to the F Body nation!

Louisiana huh? I wonder if it's the old "Star Flyer". No...that was an Aspen.

If your mom gets the rush for one I know were there's a 318 Aspen wagon for sale.

....not mine, I LOVE mine...

Attached picture 5806636-Houston1.jpg
Posted By: Dago Red

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/16/10 01:06 AM

Quote:

Thanks guys! Yes there is another Volare running around in SS that is red and has a big tire under. It is a very cool looking car. I got to sit in this car Wednesday night and it has no blind spots in it which is very cool. It will be different waiting between rounds so long. I think I'll like IHRA more since they run two races over the weekend.

Here ya go Jake. It's got the 327 Chevy folks scrambling.

Attached picture 5806650-wheelsupAspen.jpg
Posted By: bigdad

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/16/10 01:35 AM

3 race cars !!

going to be a busy summer

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/16/10 11:56 AM

Quote:

3 race cars !!

going to be a busy summer

Yeah I have three cars to drive and four cars now to maintain. I might be a little over my head but you only live once. The more I look at the Aspen/Volare's the more I like them!

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/16/10 11:58 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Here ya go Jake. It's got the 327 Chevy folks scrambling.

There it is! I watched him win class at the Motorplex when the Nationals were in town. That car is really nice!
Posted By: SuperStocker

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/16/10 02:16 PM

Welcome to the stock ranks! If I can help in anyway, look me up.
Posted By: SuperStocker

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/16/10 02:19 PM

Quote:

My cousin from Longview will be running his 73 Duster. I think he is removing ballast and moving up to F/SA.

Yea, Bill's a good guy for sure. I just spoke with him last week.

Re: Looks like I'll be running Stock in Division 4! - 02/16/10 03:21 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the stock ranks! If I can help in anyway, look me up.

Thank you I am sure you could teach me a lot. I am still trying to figure out classes and index's and all that stuff. Going to be a big learning curve for all the details.

On a side note we did pick it up this past Sunday and got it home. I'll try to get some more pics for you guys.
© 2024 Moparts Forums