Moparts

jegs roll cage

Posted By: mayhem148

jegs roll cage - 02/11/10 01:35 PM

are the jegs roll cages worth the money spent. i building a race car on a tight budget.
un less u know someone in the louisiana are east texas area that can do it for a fair price.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: jegs roll cage - 02/11/10 02:01 PM

I put one in my Dart Sport. I wasn't thrilled with the main hoop. It was quite narrow for my car. I probably could have spread it open some.

Re: jegs roll cage - 02/11/10 02:56 PM

thats the exact car that im putting it in. i kinda figured that it wouldnt be an exact fit. i think it will do what i need.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 02/11/10 03:24 PM

Posted By: DennisJ

Re: jegs roll cage - 02/11/10 04:24 PM

I have a Jeg's 8 pt bar in my Scamp. I spread the bottom of the main hoop,and after that it fits real well.

The legs on the hoop seem to be bent in a little to far. I wanted the legs to sit closer to the sills. Other than that it is a good piece.

Dennis Jokela
Posted By: JERICOGTX

Re: jegs roll cage - 02/11/10 05:16 PM

Quote:

it depends if you had your car acid dipped as much as his

If you are spending the money to acid dip a entire car, I would not waste my money on a mild steel cage. Cm would be the only choice then.

Jeff

Re: jegs roll cage - 02/11/10 05:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

it depends if you had your car acid dipped as much as his

If you are spending the money to acid dip a entire car, I would not waste my money on a mild steel cage. Cm would be the only choice then.

Jeff

yeah i dont see the reason to acid dip the body and then add the weight right back with a mild steel cage.
i think the cage will work unless i can get someone else to just do the whole job for a fair price.
© 2024 Moparts Forums