Moparts

Moparts @ Woodward "LOCATION FOUND"

Posted By: joshking440

Moparts @ Woodward "LOCATION FOUND" - 02/11/10 03:58 AM

There are enough of us that live close, how about getting together for this guys???
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/11/10 04:34 AM

Quote:

There are enough of us that live close, how about getting together for this guys???

I'd be in for it but NOT on the Saturday of the cruise,
that place is a joke that day.... we sorta have a
get together now(a few of us) at the Donut Cutter
on the Wensday before
Posted By: 68 HEMI GTS

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/11/10 05:58 AM

I'm down
Posted By: 6bblRoadrunner

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/11/10 11:27 AM

Sounds good. Count me in.
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/11/10 12:09 PM

Of course...and like Mr. P Body I would prefer BEFORE Saturday. I do the Donut Cutter most years too.
Posted By: Hemiroid

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/11/10 02:01 PM

Sounds great! As Mike mentioned, the weeks just before the actual event are some of the best cruising anywhere.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/11/10 02:52 PM

I brought my rusty pile-o-krapp out to the last one and Randy, Angie, Bill and Doug were the only ones left.
We had a good time bsing etc.

What I don't understand is why most folks head for home the minute the sun goes down?

Cruisin' ain't supposed to be in the middle of the day,
sun beatin' down and 90 degree heat! It was always done at night in years past and there's no reason to change that I can think of?

Anyway maybe I'll see some of you out there this year if anyone else can manage to stay out past 9:00, if not then it'll be just like last year.
Posted By: YGBSM

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/11/10 03:40 PM

I'm in, I will be driving (not trailering) from Tennessee so it would be great to nail down some times. I've always wanted to do the Donut Cutter but we have never been in town that early.

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/11/10 03:46 PM

Well maybe we can find a hotel or some other business that we can camp out at right on woodward, that. Any guys local up there that have an idea?

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/11/10 03:54 PM

Quote:

Well maybe we can find a hotel or some other business that we can camp out at right on woodward, that. Any guys local up there that have an idea?

The problem with that is there are a few thousand
other guys trying to do the same thing... even on the
days before the cruise.... that whole week
Posted By: mopartony

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/11/10 06:15 PM

Wed at the donut cutter is the current hang out/get together for the moparters as stated. This year on Sat. I am going to try Flint and thier "Back to the Bricks" cruise. A little more cruising, some burnouts and a little more friendly to those of us with questionably legal cars.

I do not want to attempt my career best of 5 driving trophies(tickets) in one stop. or not sure but it gained me a nick name.
Posted By: ben1692

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/11/10 06:26 PM

i live 4 miles from woodward 1 week prior to the cruise i stay as far away as possible from woodward. it use to be fun years ago not anymore. to many regular cars takin up space. cant move no air flow makes overheating a big issue. have fun if you can deal with i use to have one just like that 400 hundred times

Attached picture 5797477-22473_1266258029853_1631863992_659783_1255593_s.jpg
Posted By: Lee446

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/12/10 12:33 AM

Despite all the setbacks that have kept me from coming since 2002, I will be making the trip up from Houston this year ! Might even drive the Hemi this time. Looking forward to seeing old friends and new ones. Lee.
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/12/10 11:03 AM

We used to hang out at the Beef Carver but this year we went to downtown Pontiac. It was nowhere near as crowded and the police were turning a blind eye to the burnouts as long as no one got too stupid.
Posted By: 69CHARGERMD

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/12/10 10:00 PM

Quote:

Despite all the setbacks that have kept me from coming since 2002, I will be making the trip up from Houston this year ! Might even drive the Hemi this time. Looking forward to seeing old friends and new ones. Lee.

Lee,
not sure if you remember,,,we met you and another fella there,,,,we were parked at a Ford dealership off woodward,,i think you had/have a white RR ?
I had my Charger....
Have moved to Kentucky since,,,but might make it up this year,,,,and bring the car,,,,,,,,,,,

Doug

ps,,,anyone,,,what are the dates for the cruise this year ?
( if i come up,,,it would be the week of,,,to hang out,,,my Mom lives 20 minutes away from Woodward,,,and we used to live right there in Farmington Hills.........),,,i could stay at her place and make it to Woodward that week...

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/13/10 12:18 AM

Quote:

We used to hang out at the Beef Carver but this year we went to downtown Pontiac. It was nowhere near as crowded and the police were turning a blind eye to the burnouts as long as no one got too stupid.

I wouldnt mind going up to Pontiac this year
Posted By: Dartin

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/13/10 01:15 AM

I was kind skeptical at first, but after trying it I don't think I would go back down in the thick of things.
Posted By: badwej

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/13/10 01:51 AM

This is my car there in 06,Great time I have gone for the last 10 years we stay for the week.

Attached picture 5800451-dart1(2).jpg

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/13/10 02:57 AM

Hey Doug! I remember you and, Yes, I had a white 69RR with lift off hood. John 69 RR drove up with me, he had a yellow RR. I am hoping to find some more people to join up and go. I usually stop in Bowling Green for the night on the way up. Where in Kentucky are you?

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/13/10 03:19 AM

Lee,
I am in Louisville, Kentucky.
Not sure if i can get up to Michigan that week or not,,,but might try,,,
Bowling Green is about 2 hours south of Louisville......

What day of the week are you guys planning on leaving home....
Posted By: bobdog106

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/14/10 06:59 PM

A few of us are planning on going again this year from Pittsburgh!

Attached picture 5804014-keystone1019bob.JPG

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/14/10 11:40 PM

You guys from Detroit area crack me up! You have absolutely the greatest cruise on the face of the earth and some of you won't come because of the crowds!!!??!! Seriously, I have met some great folks at Woodward and I hope y'all will reconsider and turn out for this. When I came in 02, my brain locked up after days of looking at one fine car after another, I just got numb. I tell folks that NOBODY takes cars as seriously as the Motor City. I am a veteran of two Power Tours, various Chicago area and California cruises and I can tell ya, there is not anything like Woodward! Texas has nothing worth even mentioning, and its tough for a Texan to admit that! I tell my car nut friends that before they die, they need to experience the Dream Cruise. I'll be bringing at least two newbies this year, more if I can get them. Hope to at least provide a bit of economic stimulus. Hope to see you guys at the old Donut Cutter or wherever Moparts decides to meet. Lee.

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/14/10 11:59 PM

I grew up in Michigan and Im with you.....quit being a wimp you guys!!!!! Im saying we all pick a hotel, even if its out of the city, or we find one on the strip.....
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 01:31 AM

Quote:

You guys from Detroit area crack me up! You have absolutely the greatest cruise on the face of the earth and some of you won't come because of the crowds!!!??!! Seriously, I have met some great folks at Woodward and I hope y'all will reconsider and turn out for this. When I came in 02, my brain locked up after days of looking at one fine car after another, I just got numb. I tell folks that NOBODY takes cars as seriously as the Motor City. I am a veteran of two Power Tours, various Chicago area and California cruises and I can tell ya, there is not anything like Woodward! Texas has nothing worth even mentioning, and its tough for a Texan to admit that! I tell my car nut friends that before they die, they need to experience the Dream Cruise. I'll be bringing at least two newbies this year, more if I can get them. Hope to at least provide a bit of economic stimulus. Hope to see you guys at the old Donut Cutter or wherever Moparts decides to meet. Lee.

When you have seen them every year for many years, and then how much worse it's gotten in recent years, you tend to either pass it up altogether, or hit a few spots where your buds hang out and leave early to avoid the evening drunken stupidity.

We have several of the coolest cruises all around that time. There's teh gratiot cruise, the harper cruise, the downriver, one in flint...lots. It's a good time. You just have to be in the mood, and the weather has to be good.

I am building a new smallblock though, and I plan on being there this year.

I would definitely love to meet a lot of you guys and shoot the bull. I agree something should be set up for moparts in specific, even if it's away from woodward. That would probably make life a lot easier for everyone.

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 01:41 AM

I agree, there is NOTHING like the Dream Cruise, and we are very lucky to have it. I still don't like cruising the actual day of...the week before is so much better and less commercialized. And there is room for a little street fun, like my Duster vs. a Ford Galaxie last year after the Donut Cutter.
Posted By: POS Dakota

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 01:50 AM

Exactly! It's fun to do a little screwing around, but only when it's safe. On the day of, it's not safe to have any fun. All you do is idle along at 1-2 mph and get a headache from fumes.

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 01:54 AM

yup!

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 03:09 AM

Well all you local to Detroit members should pick a spot that we could call home base and I would have no problem trying to get us some special treatment possibly. Im currently trying to se if Schumacher to take some show cars up, that would help us get some good parking

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 04:16 AM

Quote:

Well all you local to Detroit members should pick a spot that we could call home base and I would have no problem trying to get us some special treatment possibly. Im currently trying to se if Schumacher to take some show cars up, that would help us get some good parking

Like was said earlier ... I wouldnt mind going up to
Pontiac to some place up there, its not as crowded
and you can play some.... I cant take my car to the
Donut Cutter... they just kick me out(no plates)
and I wont have the street rod done by then

Posted By: blk00rt

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 12:44 PM

i,ve been up in pontiac for the past 6 years. its great up there, I part with the Dakota RT club we have been in the same spot for the past 6 years. Pontiac right where the split starts.

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 12:54 PM

13 and Woodward is ground zero...major log jam...

Pontiac would be a good idea...

I hope to make it up this year...might drag the Charger out of hiding,,,and bring it up...

My mother in law lives in Farmington,,so i can stay at her place with the car......

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 01:24 PM

I'm in for Pontiac!
Posted By: YGBSM

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 01:32 PM

Quote:

Amen! Agree 100%

The only thing I wish they could change is to keep all the minivans and modern cars off Woodward on Saturday. That would take care of a lot of the traffic jam issues. When we go, we always cruise Thursday/ Friday and park it on Saturday and walk around enjoying the cars.
Posted By: mopartony

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 02:46 PM

Lee, here is the pic from the Ford Dealer in 02. Left to right John, Greg(?), me, Frank, Lee, Todd, LeRoy and I do know remember the guy on the end sorry.

That was a great time. We will talk before you come up I am sure. Plenty to do car wise. We will send you home again with your eyes glazed over from all the car stuff. No worries there.

Yes you are right, the only thing TX can brag about car wise, atleast in the Houston area that I saw was the Sat night cruise in Spring. It was about the size of a medium cruise here. It is considered huge down there. But it was still fun to go there with the Duster and freak people out when they saw the MI plate on it.

Attached picture 5805518-MopartsWoodward[1].JPG

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/15/10 11:39 PM

Tony, one of the resons we had such a good time was You were a great host! We got to see a lot of neat stuff because of you. Got the 528 Hemi in the 69 Satellite that you saw when I came up and bought it. Runs promising, add some A/C to it and it might make a good road car to drive up there! I'll be getting in touch soon as I finalize all details! Lee.

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 02:14 AM

Guy's, just got a call from John 69 RR. He is in, so we have two Mopars and 4 people for the trip, always looking to add more! Any luck on a place to park for the cruise?

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 02:36 AM

Lee,,,what day of the week will you be traveling thru Kentucky,,,as you head toward Michigan.........

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 02:44 AM

Doug, not sure yet, but last time we left monday, 6 a.m. and reached Bowling Green about 9 pm. This is the monday prior to the cruise. Lee.

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 03:17 AM

Guys, I live in Indy, not sure of the route you are taking up...I will have to trailer my junk, but I am in.

Does the doughnut cutter happen all weekend?

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 04:38 AM

Quote:

Guys, I live in Indy, not sure of the route you are taking up...I will have to trailer my junk, but I am in.

Does the doughnut cutter happen all weekend?

In the past Donut Cutters was on the Wendsday...
one other thing.... does your car have a plate, if
not they will boot you out(the cops will)
Does anyone know of a place in Pontiac we could go to

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 04:40 AM

Oh yea, my car is a full street car. My dads car runs slicks, but we will plate it as well. Do you think they will mess with him?

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 04:42 AM

Quote:

Oh yea, my car is a full street car. My dads car runs slicks, but we will plate it as well. Do you think they will mess with him?

Not for the slicks
Posted By: 572charger

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 12:22 PM

come on down to the phoenix center in pontiac plenty of parking easy in and out has all the food vendors and the bars are all open, we walk over there from lawrence street [my cousins car club rents it for the weekend ]but that parking lot is like a big show in its self ! and burnouts are allowed till dusk !!!!
Posted By: DetMatt

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 01:13 PM

Woodward Cruise is always the third weekend in August, I don't see it being any different this year. I love it, it is my favorite weekend of the year. Friday night is the Berkly parade. It has been a father son activity for me and my dad for the past 7 or 8 years. I spend Saturday hangin at 14 mile with the club I'm in, they get a whole parking lot every year and it is packed. Then usually go up to Pontiac for the night time crazyness. Woodward is a great place to cruise and hang on most any nice evening throughout the summer months, always a good time.Pic of the weapon of choice for the event!
Give yourselves some time to visit the WPC Museum, by the headquarters, that is a do not miss for the Mopar enthusiast!!!.

Attached picture 5820364-IMG_1475_11.JPG

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 01:50 PM

Quote:

Doug, not sure yet, but last time we left monday, 6 a.m. and reached Bowling Green about 9 pm. This is the monday prior to the cruise. Lee

So you would probably leave Bowling Green on "Tuesday" morning,,,? Louisville is about 2 hours north of Bowling Green,,,

I am just trying to get a idea of timing...I might try and find you guys as you travel thru this area,,,and head north... ( you taking I-65 to I 71 ? )

Jim (572),,sounds like he has a good spot in Pontiac for everyone,,,might want to take him up on that...
Posted By: John69RR

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 10:12 PM

Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Doug, I believe you helped us last time with the hotel in Nova(?) near Farmington. Our route has us going from Houston to Hammond La. then up to Memphis, Nashville and finally Bowling Green, Ky.

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/21/10 10:28 PM

Quote:

Looking forward to seeing you guys again. Doug, I believe you helped us last time with the hotel in Nova(?) near Farmington. Our route has us going from Houston to Hammond La. then up to Memphis, Nashville and finally Bowling Green, Ky.

Yup,,,,I think you guys stayed in NOVI...about 20 min or so from Woodward,,,nice area,,safe,,,and easy to find..

I will be in Farmington,,,( a bit closer to Woodward compared to Novi )

Honk as you pass thru Louisville, Kentucky...(that's where i live now)

Doug

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 02/28/10 04:36 PM

BTTT

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/01/10 02:32 AM

Doug, what day are you leaving? Has anyone decided on a place we can all gather at?

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/01/10 12:07 PM

Quote:

Doug, what day are you leaving? Has anyone decided on a place we can all gather at?

If you guys are leaving Bowling Green tuesday am,,,i might wait for you to pass by,,,and join the convoy....
Still have to firm up some plans on going,,,but if i do,,,it would likely be on Tuesday AM

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/09/10 02:34 AM

Hey guys... I dont want to take away from the Moparts theme, but a few guys on the bullet rented a parking lot on woodward, about 10 miles north of where the chaos is. It looks like a big group of fast cars are coming. Its 75 dollars a car, and they are going to try to feed people off that as well. I just reserved 3 spaces, so if some of the local rebels here are interested, here is the link to get hooked up with 71monte fyi hes a good guy, so no worries about sending your money to him!

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3654951#post3654951

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/09/10 02:48 AM

Quote:

Hey guys... I dont want to take away from the Moparts theme, but a few guys on the bullet rented a parking lot on woodward, about 10 miles north of where the chaos is. It looks like a big group of fast cars are coming. Its 75 dollars a car, and they are going to try to feed people off that as well. I just reserved 3 spaces, so if some of the local rebels here are interested, here is the link to get hooked up with 71monte fyi hes a good guy, so no worries about sending your money to him!

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...51#post3654951

The link no worky

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/09/10 02:55 AM

Link fixed, but here it is again!

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3654951#post3654951

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/09/10 12:19 PM

Port o lets will be provided....

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/09/10 04:42 PM

Also.... This is 75 dollars per car not per person.

I also found some great hotel deals about 5 miles from here....

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/15/10 01:45 AM

Maybe a practice tree for later too...

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/15/10 02:09 AM

Josh,
I think the lot is "full" ?
I saw the post on YB,
did you get a spot ?
Doug

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/15/10 02:17 AM

Quote:

Josh,
I saw the post on YB,
did you get a spot ?
Doug

I talked to Bill a couple of days ago... there were plenty
of spots left plus they are talking a big cook out for
it (included in the price)

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/15/10 02:28 AM

Quote:

Josh,
I saw the post on YB,
did you get a spot ?
Doug

I bought 4 spots. Bill still has plenty. We need to get a good showing of mopars!!! And Mike is right, Im hearing pig roast!

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/15/10 02:30 AM

Thanks,
I am trying to swing getting up to Michigan that week,,,from Louisville,,
Might see you guys up there....
Doug

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/15/10 02:38 AM

I'm going to swing by Bill's shop tomorrow to see if
I can park my trailer there... if I can I will pick up
a spot... the wife and I would just stay the night in
the trailer (living quarters)... I keep my open car
trailer up north and I dont want to run up there just
to pick up my open trailer

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/15/10 03:16 AM

Mike, I have a hotel that is 4 miles from there by the walter p chrysler museum. We are bringing 2 trailers but have 4 room, so if you want you can park there with us and drive over. My dads is similar to yours with the slicks and open headers, and we both run e-85.....

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/15/10 03:24 AM

Quote:

Mike, I have a hotel that is 4 miles from there by the walter p chrysler museum. We are bringing 2 trailers but have 4 room, so if you want you can park there with us and drive over. My dads is similar to yours with the slicks and open headers, and we both run e-85.....

I dont want to chance driving it over there from Chrysler
and if I can park my rig at the place then thats fine,
I dont mind one bit about staying in the trailer,
its got all the comforts of home

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/15/10 06:55 PM

I went and talked to Bill today... he has about 30
spots left(its half filled)... I decided to pass on
a spot due to my trailer... I was hopeing to park it
the Woodward place and stay in the trailer, well I
cant park it there and I dont like to drive my car on
the street... SO I'll just swing by... maybe on my
golf cart

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/17/10 12:43 PM

We have some spots left for this guys if anyone is interested. 75 dollars per car, and there is goin to be a big ass cook out
Posted By: Labratt

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/18/10 02:54 AM

Josh,sounds like a pretty good little get-together! I've done business with Bill,and Harold,and they're good people! I might be interested in a few spots the day of the Cruise! I'm waiting to hear from my friend, Ron Wilson,(Firefighter 3931)to let me know if he's able to make it from Ottawa! I'll be in touch! Or should I get ahold of Bill? Randy B.

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/18/10 03:13 AM

Quote:

Josh,sounds like a pretty good little get-together! I've done business with Bill,and Harold,and they're good people! I might be interested in a few spots the day of the Cruise! I'm waiting to hear from my friend, Ron Wilson,(Firefighter 3931)to let me know if he's able to make it from Ottawa! I'll be in touch! Or should I get ahold of Bill? Randy B.

Randy, just get a hold of Bill... he's not running
the whole thing but is involved with it... sounds
like a good time for sure.... I think I might swing
by in my cart

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/18/10 11:41 PM

I would get a hold of bill its his deal!
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/19/10 01:05 AM

75 bucks???

Hard for me to justify...Granted I've heard of many paying far more than that but.....

I'm perfectly happy with Normandy Shell and/or the Donut Cutter the week before, so I guess I'll see whoever goes out at that time.

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/19/10 02:02 AM

75 bucks to have a great parking spot, and free food......thats a deal!

Re: Moparts @ Woodward - 03/25/10 02:52 AM

hey for you guys on the fence, I would sneak over to yellow bullet to check out a few of the rides that are showing up......

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217524&page=16
© 2024 Moparts Forums