Moparts

Load range E 15" tires....any luck?

Posted By: Chassisman

Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 03:36 AM

Are any of you out there running 15" load range E tires? My trailer needs new hides and I dont wanna throw good money after bad. So let's hear it.
Thx
Posted By: RussW

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 05:17 AM

I went to Towmaster 10 ply bias on my 28 ft Pace, loaded to Phoenix and back and a few trips over the hill so far so good.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 06:59 AM

I have had two D and two E 15 incher trailer tires on my 8800 lb(loaded on the axles) Pace 24ft. trailer for the last four years I do use it regulary and keep the cold tire pressures about 5 lbs above the recommended pressure on the tire siewalls I had two blow outs at one time and could not get another two E rated tires at that time
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 10:08 AM

Check with Goodyear, they have a pretty good selection
on trailer tires(trailer only)
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 11:54 AM

Quote:

I put 4 E rated tires from Good Year on my 28ft trailer just last year. I'm at work now and can't remember the name of them but they seem to be a very good tire.

Russ
Posted By: HardcoreB

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 12:03 PM

Some time ago on here there was trailer tire discussion. What most were doing with great success was upgrading to a 16" wheel/tire package. If that's not an option some were recommending Maxxis(spelling) tire (load range 'E') at about $160 each. If that thread is archieved it is worth a read IMO. IIRC HemiJoel was a wealth of good info in that post. Either way, let us know what you came up with.
Posted By: 506RR

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 12:26 PM

I run 15" rims with Maxxis E load rating tires, and so far so good! I have had other tires like towmaster and goodyears blow out, but so far these Maxxis tires have been great!

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 05:56 PM

I tried upgrading to 16"...but it's a triple axle 40ft Pace and the 16's run into each other.I think the Maxxis tire fits the bill....and what a bill it will be....6 tires and 2 spares...LOL
Local tire shop wants to sell me a set of Greenball Trailer tires....but I've never even heard of them.
Posted By: firefighter3931

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 06:26 PM

I also went with the 10 ply Maxxis tires on my 26ft enclosed. The old tires were sunchecked so it was time. These tires are much heavier and have way stiffer sidewalls than the old 8 ply Goodyears that were on there previously. The reduced sidewall flex is very noticable when going around sharp corners. I like them

Ron
Posted By: Mr. Smurf

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 06:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I put 4 E rated tires from Good Year on my 28ft trailer just last year. I'm at work now and can't remember the name of them but they seem to be a very good tire.

Russ

Goodyear "Marathon". I've been running them on my 18' utility trailer for 10 years now, no problems, excellent tire.

Goodyear

The heaviest 15" is only a range "D"...

Ed

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 06:36 PM

Anyone heard of Gladiators ????? A guy in the next town over has 225/75 15 E's for 57.50 ea...a huge RV dealership went under and it's full to the rafters with them.

http://modesto.craigslist.org/pts/1572121565.html

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 07:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Russ

Goodyear "Marathon". I've been running them on my 18' utility trailer for 10 years now, no problems, excellent tire.

Goodyear

Ed

Mine are not the Marathon brand and they are an E rated 15" tire. I did get them from Goodyear but they do not have the Good Year name on them. If I remember tonight to get the name I'll post it. I did want the Maxxis tires but there are no dealers anywhere near me.

Russ
Posted By: Hemi_Joel

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 09:32 PM

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...ID=#Post5797831
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/11/10 10:04 PM

Mine are not the Marathon brand and they are an E rated 15" tire. I did get them from Goodyear but they do not have the Good Year name on them. If I remember tonight to get the name I'll post it. I did want the Maxxis tires but there are no dealers anywhere near me.

Russ

Mine are not on that list either... I dont recall the
name of the tire but they were rated at 4200 lbs @
100 psi.... but I did get them from a Goodyear dealer

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/12/10 02:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Russ

Goodyear

Ed

Russ

The tires I got from Goodyear are TOWMAX STR tires. They are E rated 10 ply tires just for trailers and I think they were around $110.00 each. Like I said I just got them last year so they only have 1 year on them so far and we will see how good/bad they are.

Russ
Posted By: Ron Silva

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/12/10 03:29 AM

My 24 foot enclosed Haulmark Edge came with 15" load range D tires. I had so many problems I stopped in Bakersfield and had them put "E" tires on it and cranked them up to 80psi and I have not had a problem since. The trailer tows noticably better too. I was not expecting that.
Ron.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTir...IINT&cs=225
Posted By: firefighter3931

Re: Load range E 15" tires....any luck? - 02/12/10 04:07 AM

I bought my Maxxis 10 ply ST225/75/15's from this seller. Very reasonable shipping too !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAND-NEW...=item4a9e627e7c

Good luck Chassisman

Ron
© 2024 Moparts Forums