Moparts

Danica finishes 6th

Posted By: Cheatham

Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 03:48 AM

According to news reports she did a good job in the Arca race today.
Posted By: topside

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 04:27 AM

Watched the race, and she did a real good job; got punted once, put on a bit of a car-control clinic, saved the car, had to pit twice for repairs, re-entered 22nd, was back up to 12th quickly, then drove the car well to finish 7th.
She's nobody's fool, and she can drive; once she gets comfortable in the car, it looks like she's gonna haul a$$.
Ironically, her "sparring partner" Milka Duno also started the race, but crashed out early driving into a wreck.
Posted By: mike s

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 05:48 AM

Overall she did well.It will take some time for her to be comfortable in drafting situations but she'll get it.
Posted By: PUNK

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 05:52 AM

She is HOT!
Posted By: mike s

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 06:36 AM

Quote:

She is HOT!

and too thin
Posted By: MR_P_BODY

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 01:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

She is HOT!

and too thin

Se did pretty good..... I can put a 190 pounds on her
Posted By: torkrules

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 01:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

She is HOT!

and too thin

Se did pretty good..... I can put a 190 pounds on her

Posted By: cogen80

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 01:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:

She is HOT!

and too thin

no way. looks great as is. don't put an ounce on.
Posted By: dynamite

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 01:42 PM

Looks perfect... dont put on an ounce..

Attached picture 5788263-larrys56rearsmall.jpg
Posted By: Blakcharger440

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 01:52 PM

Wasnt there another woman in the race who actually placed higher than she did?
Posted By: jcc

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 01:58 PM

Quote:

What?? If so, she needs a new PR agent or lose 25 lbs.
Posted By: 440Jim

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 04:17 PM

Quote:

Watched the race, and she did a real good job; got punted once, put on a bit of a car-control clinic, saved the car, had to pit twice for repairs, re-entered 22nd, was back up to 12th quickly, then drove the car well to finish 7th.
She's nobody's fool, and she can drive; once she gets comfortable in the car, it looks like she's gonna haul a$$.
Ironically, her "sparring partner" Milka Duno also started the race, but crashed out early driving into a wreck.

Glad to hear it. Go Girl! (that is Go Daddy Girl).
I look forward to seeing her race more this year.
Posted By: Chucklehead

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 04:59 PM

Quote:

She was running third then went up on the outside lane and fell back to about tenth place in some time during the last ten laps. There were six female drivers that started the race. The first crash took out three of them.
Posted By: jvcuda

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 07:42 PM

Saw the race,she did a nice job. I liked how in the last lap she wasn't afraid to trade paint with the car on the inside.

Years ago she was the host on the power block on spike tv. sure do miss seeing her every sunday.
Posted By: topside

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 09:04 PM

Yeah, I gotta say she made me a fan, just from an analytical standpoint of how she handled the transition to a completely different car and style of racing. The in-car footage of her whipping the wheel around is something I want to see again; very cool under pressure and in a completely different situation (car weight, on the grass, controlling a spin) than her Indycar experience. Better than some of the experienced Cup guys yesterday.
It's nice that she's cute, but her coolness gets major points.
Posted By: Adobedude

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/07/10 09:48 PM

Sorry guys...

That was an ARCA race...She was running some of the best funded stuff out there...Let's not forget Kyle Petty won his first ARCA race driving King Richard's stuff. (I'm a diehard Petty fan, just calling it the way it is). But most of the cars out there were junk.

I guess she did well considering half the field crashed out behind her...But the Nationwide series is gonna chew her up and spit her out.

Not knocking her talent, just saying let's not get carried away here...She has car control, don't know why she slammed into RC towards the end of the race. But yeah, a number drivers with more stock car experience wadded up a bunch of race cars.

BTW...I don't think I'd spit.
Posted By: go green

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 03:11 AM

I had the TV on in the shop today, and I thought it was the Danica channel.

She will have the most coverage of anyone . She speaks proper english , smart, pretty ,good driver, and is cognitive of here surroundings.

. 95% of the nascar drivers are completely retarded on camera with no personality or carisma ( not to mention they are older than dirt ).

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 04:52 AM

Quote:

I had the TV on in the shop today, and I thought it was the Danica channel.

She will have the most coverage of anyone . She speaks proper english , smart, pretty ,good driver, and is cognitive of here surroundings.

. 95% of the nascar drivers are completely retarded on camera with no personality or carisma ( not to mention they are older than dirt ).

95% are older that dirt...?
LOL...Where have you been...Hello....This is 2010.

EDIT: BTW...She's not racing in the Cup series with the "old" guys...She's only going to race in a few hand picked Nationwide races.

Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 05:06 AM

Quote:

Plenty of fat chicks out there for the chubby chasers, lean is good!

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 05:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Plenty of fat chicks out there for the chubby chasers, lean is good!

Totally agree...

And she's doing what NASCAR needed...Getting people to at least talk about the sport. It's pretty much sucked since the new points format and COT was introduced...And now that the the kids have taken over, all we have left is Mark Martin.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 04:29 PM

Every sport needs a midget to spice things up once in a while.

Look at what they did for pro wrestling a few years back!

Apparently she did good enough that she's gonna race in the Nationwide Series at Daytona as well.

I predict that she's in the wall by the halfway point.
Posted By: Quicktree

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 08:50 PM

Quote:

Every sport needs a midget to spice things up once in a while.

Look at what they did for pro wrestling a few years back!

Apparently she did good enough that she's gonna race in the Nationwide Series at Daytona as well.

I predict that she's in the wall by the halfway point.

I like her and hope she does well but she was in the best money can buy against some low budget cars. we will see what shes made of in the nationwide series.
Posted By: DCM71cuda

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 09:53 PM

Can anybody [without using google] name any other finisher in an ARCA race in the last 5 years???

Didn't matter what place she finished. She did her job.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 09:55 PM

Quote:

Can anybody [without using google] name any other finisher in an ARCA race in the last 5 years???

Didn't matter what place she finished. She did her job.

Frank Kimmell
Joey Logano
Posted By: Mroctober

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 11:27 PM

She is good!! But those other DRIVER,Not going to take all the Bumping and banging!!!make get put in the WALL
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 11:40 PM

Like anyone on this thread would even have a chance with her.

Heck, win, lose, or smash into a wall, at least she's out there doing something.
Posted By: cheapstreetdustr

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 11:47 PM

P L E A S E...
You guys touting ...this or that..
shes in the best car money can buy..
yadda yadda yadda...

i challenge any one of you to tell me you won the money on your first race out....
Not gonna happen...too many variables in that sport.
( iknow a few...D/R-ing but its more luck than skill)

get real....she didnt wreck ...and there was plenty of chances for her to have wrecked..btw..

and as for wrecks behind her...a couple of them where in front of her...

she was in the back and moved to the front..
she was in 11th spot with 3 laps to go and finished 6th..
i dont care who was driving..boy or girl...there is no exuse for that not being an excellent showing...PERIOD>.the #7 car ran an superb race.

sure i think shes hot...thats a plus...
tell you the truth if she was fat..i wouldnt give a dang...wouldnt give her a second look.
but if she was fat and still drove the way she did...id be saying the same thing....she can drive!
i could give a damn about roundy round..racing
i watched it cause i wanted to see what would happen..with few pre-concieved notions...
She did well...didnt push it ...which many men seem to do and wreck all the time.
she shoulda been in the wall backwards then up on her roof...but didnt..
she should have finished 22nd...but didnt..
\she should have finished 11th but didnt.
could she have won.?..doubt it.
.didnt have the confindence or experience...again thats fine.
she brought it home in 6th..which she earned in the last laps..
you guys...sittin in your chair with you fat gut...saying this or that...(me included) crack me up..
first time out...all of you would choke...
i see no reason to complain or say anything other than she is definately qualified and talented enough that she earned the right to be where she is...
id say that,,, no matter who drove the 7 car sat night
fwiw..

cheapst
Posted By: 1972cudaguy

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 11:50 PM

she managed a great save on the car ... there's nothing I hate more than endless hype but a good start for her !

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 11:50 PM

Quote:

Heck, win, lose, or smash into a wall, at least she's out there doing something.

That right there is why I'm sick of this Danica crap...All we're gonna hear during the Nationwide race this Saturday is Danica this and Danica that....Blaa Blaa Blaa.

Her "specialty" is open wheel...And the best she's done is one win on fuel mileage.

I thought racing was about driving, not selling your [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] on some pseudo lesbian commercial on TV...

End of Rant....

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 11:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

That right there is why I'm sick of this Danica crap...All we're gonna hear during the Nationwide race this Saturday is Danica this and Danica that....Blaa Blaa Blaa.

Her "specialty" is open wheel...And the best she's done is one win on fuel mileage.

I thought racing was about driving, not selling your [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] on some pseudo lesbian commercial on TV...

End of Rant....

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/08/10 11:57 PM

Quote:

Quote:

End of Rant....

nope....selling stuff is what its all about.
if you want to drive and not worry about sponsor money...than stick with cart/indy car..nobody cares about the sponsor money over there..lol..

you'd be even sicker if she looked like Rosan Barr ...
or worse..those little a-feminent boys comming up through the ranks ...lately....
think about it that way.
should help put it in perspective.

cheapst.

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 12:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

End of Rant....

think about it that way.

cheapst.

I don't have a problem with a female in any racing series, but the non stop blab about her is too much she's not that good...
Hopefullly she'll survive the Nationwide race this Saturday in one piece.

I'd say I'd hit it too, but then every "valid" point I've made would be tossed out the window.

Gotta wonder why you can't say [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] on this forum, but you can say Rosane Barr.

That's not right.

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 12:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

End of Rant....

think about it that way.

cheapst.

I don't have a problem with a female in any racing series, but the non stop blab about her is too much she's not that good...
Hopefullly she'll survive the Nationwide race this Saturday in one piece.

I'd say I'd hit it too, but then every "valid" point I've made would be tossed out the window.

Gotta wonder why you can't say [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean] on this forum, but you can say Rosane Barr.

That's not right.

cheapst.
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 12:17 AM

I would bet that if someone would invest the time and money in me that has been spent on her I could go out and run middle of the pack in a junior league too.

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 12:22 AM

Quote:

I would bet that if someone would invest the time and money in me that has been spent on her I could go out and run middle of the pack in a junior league too.

It's been said anyone can drive Daytona at speed in a good car...Talladega is a different story.

Wonder why she's not gonna run Bristol.....LOL
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 12:36 AM

Quote:

you guys...sittin in your chair with you fat gut...saying this or that...(me included) crack me up..

My point exactly.

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 12:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

My point exactly.

All I can say is..."Anybody but Jeff"

If it's Danica...So be it.
Posted By: Cheatham

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 12:44 AM

Danica knows nothing but racing shes raced karts(gokarts) since she was a kid until she got into indy and shes got driving skills and with some seat time shell be running up front leading laps,shes got a desire to do it and that makes a differance than the guy whos just out there running around with a well known sponsor hanging off his shirt, this has been a male dominate sport and a HOTT chick with talent come along everyone wants to talk about it.
Posted By: SeventyGTX

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 12:54 AM

Quote:

Danica knows nothing but racing shes raced karts(gokarts) since she was a kid until she got into indy and shes got driving skills and with some seat time shell be running up front leading laps,shes got a desire to do it and that makes a differance than the guy whos just out there running around with a well known sponsor hanging off his shirt, this has been a male dominate sport and a HOTT chick with talent come along everyone wants to talk about it.

Guys in the garage area like Montoya and Stewart say she is a sponge absorbing any info she can get. She should do ok, given good cars. A lot of good drivers never got to show what they have because of inferior equipment. Hopefully, the Nationwide race this weekend will have a lot of green flag laps so she can get more seat time. The ARCA race was its usual crashfest with cautions every 2 laps the first half of the race.

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 01:22 AM

I know...Look, she's been turning laps in an Indy Car, now she's gonna turn laps in a stock car...Obviously she can drive. It's the media that is ruining it for me. If I heard DW say Danica one more time I was gonna scream.

FYI...all those guys she's racing against this Saturday have done nothing but race since they were kids too, and this time more that a handfull are gonna be in good equipment.

Winning an ARCA race means nothing in the sport of big time stock car racing...She finished 6th.

We won't know if she deserves to be in seat of that car till mid-year, maybe later...She might get taken out on the first lap of the next race, does that mean she can't drive? No.
But due to owner points she's guaranteed a start this Saturday, regardless of how she Q's.

But I don't buy into the running up front & leading laps. Not this year. Maybe never. How many wins does she have in INDY? One. And now she's gonna jump in a stock car and run up front.....LOL

This ain't "Days of Thunder"

She's not that good, not even in her own series.
Posted By: KD800X

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 01:49 AM

Quote:

I know...Look, she's been turning laps in an Indy Car, now she's gonna turn laps in a stock car...Obviously she can drive. It's the media that is ruining it for me. If I heard DW say Danica one more time I was gonna scream.

FYI...all those guys she's racing against this Saturday have done nothing but race since they were kids too, and this time more that a handfull are gonna be in good equipment.

Winning an ARCA race means nothing in the sport of big time stock car racing...She finished 6th.

We won't know if she deserves to be in seat of that car till mid-year, maybe later...She might get taken out on the first lap of the next race, does that mean she can't drive? No.
But due to owner points she's guaranteed a start this Saturday, regardless of how she Q's.

But I don't buy into the running up front & leading laps. Not this year. Maybe never. How many wins does she have in INDY? One. And now she's gonna jump in a stock car and run up front.....LOL

This ain't "Days of Thunder"

She's not that good, not even in her own series.

DUDE!!! Give it a rest! It's obvious you are not a fan.... that doesn't mean you have to tear her apart.
The bottom line is she is making a lot of money doing what she loves..... are you?????

You can say what you want... but you can't say she can't drive.... she normally finishes in the top 10... and she doesn't wad up equipment. I say thats not too bad.

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 02:20 AM

Quote:

I bet I could do it with out the money

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 02:23 AM

Well see. I'm done.

Go Daddy....!
Posted By: RROD

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 03:56 AM

I just don't see all this hotness. Cute yeah, but not hot to the extreme some of you describe.
Posted By: HotRodDave

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 05:22 AM

Quote:

Quote:

End of Rant....

She lost an Indy 500 on fuel miledge too. She would have won if she had kept the pedal to the medal the last couple laps. Dan weldon won and had to get pushed back to the pit because he ran out of fuel, she slowed to save fuel and he passed her but she had enough to drive back to the pit.

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 05:26 AM

Quote:

I just don't see all this hotness. Cute yeah, but not hot to the extreme some of you describe.

Maybe you just have higher standards...

Posted By: PUNK

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 05:31 AM

SHE IS HOOOOOOTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!
Oh yeah, Im with Mr. P-Body about how to put weight on! LOL!!

Attached picture 5792556-4945566-Biglaunchradialstyle_.jpg
Posted By: His and Her 69's

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 07:22 AM

I think Danica is NICE LOOKING and HOT.
This is no different then the Ashley Force show.
Ashley is no different when she started either, she is WELL FUNDED, and a Very NICE LOOKING female that is in a male dominated sport.
They are always going to get ALOT of coverage when they first come in to the series.
Me myself, I am Tired of the whole NHRA Force show but I still watch it.
I just fast forward thru the crap now.

David
Posted By: 11secdart

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 02:26 PM

P bodies comment!
Posted By: cgall

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 08:04 PM

She has already finished better than Shawna Robinson ever did, Shawna ran ARCA, Busch, and Cup for 10 years in top-flite equipment, MAN she could tear up some stuff!

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 09:23 PM

Quote:

She has already finished better than Shawna Robinson ever did, Shawna ran ARCA, Busch, and Cup for 10 years in top-flite equipment, MAN she could tear up some stuff!

I read about Shawna just last week on another forum, she had a couple top 5's in ARCA.
Posted By: RROD

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 10:43 PM

She's cute with a cute little body. But she is not Brooklyn Decker hot!

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 11:02 PM

Quote:

She's cute with a cute little body. But she is not Brooklyn Decker hot!

Posted By: slantzilla

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/09/10 11:43 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately, Shawna had no talent. I was at Indy for a Busch race years ago. She was running all alone and smacked the wall. When they interviewed her she immediately started whining about "those guys spinning her out". It was always somebody else's fault.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/10/10 12:30 AM

hard race to watch...soooo many crashes. Some of those guys and gals shouldn't be on the track. She looked so borred. She'll catch on. probably win a Busch race...errrr.... Nationwide race this year.
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/10/10 01:06 AM

Quote:

With all this and her intials are "DP"...

oh never mind!

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/10/10 01:08 AM

Quote:

Quote:

With all this and her intials are "DP"...

oh never mind!

So much for this thread.....

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/10/10 04:35 AM

Quote:

She'll catch on. probably win a Busch race...errrr.... Nationwide race this year.

That's a stretch, especially since she will only run a few of them and the Cup guys pretty much own that series.
Posted By: B5 Bee

Re: Danica finishes 6th - 02/10/10 04:04 PM

There were two other females in the race. One went for a lid ride about half way thru. The other, Alli Owens, a Daytona local, ran in 3rd for about 80% of the race.
Danica jumped to the outside several times, no one would go with her. I think she got a little gun shy about it. With around 5 laps to go, she jumped out in front of Boucher in the 51 who had a strong car. Together, they may have been able challenge the inside line if she had stayed out, instead she dove back to the inside.
It was Nelson Piquet Jr, son of a Formula I champ, that spun Danica. Danica did a better job than he did.
I sat across from the pit exit. The crowd seemed to be pulling for her. One thing for sure, Danica made this ARCA race before the Bud Shootout a lot more exciting to watch than the others I have seen.
© 2024 Moparts Forums