Moparts

How to mini-tub an anything (edit). The complete guide!

Posted By: dizuster

How to mini-tub an anything (edit). The complete guide! - 04/21/07 01:56 AM

Ok I just got done mini-tubbing my duster. A few people had asked for more pictures, one thing led to another, and I ended up making a 28 page powerpoint "how to" guide. I never intended on doing anything like this, so I didn't really have all of the pictures I needed. I had to sketch some of it.

Anyway. . . take a look. I'll add the spring relocate to it later, I just ran out of time. (and honestly after making 28 pages of mini-tub, I was just plain sick of working on it!!! hahaha)

It's about 7 MB so it will take a little while to down load, but I think it's worth it for anyone who's thinking about doing it.

Let me know what you guys think!

http://putstuff.putfile.com/71139/4359235
Posted By: caper

Re: How to mini-tub an abody. The complete guide! - 04/21/07 10:53 AM

Very good job on the powerpoint. It makes the job much easier when you can see pic.

Posted By: DemonDust

Re: How to mini-tub an abody. The complete guide! - 04/21/07 10:05 PM

All that and only 1 can of beer?????

Awesome job on tubbing and the powerpoint.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: How to mini-tub an abody. The complete guide! - 04/21/07 10:28 PM

Very good.. man wish I could of see that before I did my two cars !!!..
Posted By: MPerry

Re: How to mini-tub an abody. The complete guide! - 04/21/07 10:42 PM

Thats cool and honestly I don't see why it has to be limited to just A Bodies!
That could pretty much be applied to any car. ~Mike~
Posted By: J_BODY

Re: How to mini-tub an abody. The complete guide! - 04/21/07 11:30 PM

My dad just got done with that ordeal on his Duster. No more leaf springs on our cars

..I'll shoot him this link and see how helpfull it would have been for him.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: How to mini-tub an abody. The complete guide! - 04/22/07 01:38 AM

Thanks for taking the time to help others. My son has been starting to drop hints about doing his 72 duster. This will make the project much easier. Thanks again.
Posted By: Pat7272

Re: How to mini-tub an abody. The complete guide! - 04/22/07 04:31 AM

Hey Scott thanks again man! This thing is great and I know come summer time its going to probably save me some headaches when I mini-tub mine. 'Preciate it man!

Pat
Posted By: dizuster

Re: How to mini-tub an abody. The complete guide! - 04/22/07 12:18 PM

Only one beer can that happened to show up in the pics. . .not only one beer can for the total project!!!

Thanks for the replies, I hope that this does help any of you thinking about doing it!

I wish I would have taken just a few more pictures, then you guys wouldn't have to decipher my crappy sketches, and handwritting?

Guess I didn't get any of those artistic gene's passed down from my grandfather huh? (who by the way was the stylist for the '63 Dodge (rear half) '64 plymouth (whole car) !)
Posted By: Pat7272

Re: How to mini-tub an abody. The complete guide! - 04/23/07 01:23 AM

TTT This needs to get saved in the archive
© 2024 Moparts Forums