Moparts

T/S Duster Build

Posted By: JCRVETTE

T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 03:16 PM

It was mentioned on here that my shop was building a 25.1E Duster, and several asked to see pics. I thought I would post some pics so people could follow the build. Is that OK, and if so what section is the right place to post them in? Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/30/10 03:20 PM

Posted By: wheelsup68dart

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 03:23 PM

Posted By: Quicktree

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 03:53 PM

post away Paul I forgot to get back with you on the steel. still waiting on my son to make up his mind

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 03:54 PM

I can tell you it's absolutely outstanding work.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 04:10 PM

Quote:

post away Paul I forgot to get back with you on the steel. still waiting on my son to make up his mind

Thats OK. I honestly was beginning to worry about you. For some reason you poped in my mind the other day, and that usually means I should check on somone. "outstanding" may be to strong a term. But thanks. Pics coming in a few.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 04:42 PM

OK, here are the pics I promised awhile ago. Sorry I'm a slacker. LOL. A little back ground on the project. This car came in for a new C/M cage on his chassis/rails. While he was at the shop he looked around and asked "how much to have that done to the Duster"? He was pointing a Jerry Haas ex-prostock car we had there for some updates and paint. That's how it all started. The work has actually progressed quite far now, but I will post pics from the beginning so we can all follow along. Thanks for the interest and allowing me to share my passion for what I do with you all. Enjoy.Paul @ JCR Chassisworks Weirsdale, Fl. 352-516-6183
Dealer for:TRZ, Glasstek, Harwood, Champion Wheels, Aerospace Brakes and components, MSD, and many others.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 05:00 PM

some more history on the car. this car came straight off the used car lot of a friend. we started off with just a pretty stock 440 that ran low 8s it the 1/8th. this was back in the early 80s. raced it like that for a few years with minor upgrades at a time. finally got it into the low 7s then had it backhalfed and went into the low 6s. I raced it like that for a few years and the guy sold it and we went with a new undercover dragster.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 05:01 PM

post some pics of the chassis up close. it's hard to tell anything in those pics.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 09:55 PM

A few more

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 10:28 PM

nice Paul, how long before you complete it? any word on the motor?

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 10:34 PM

Not sure on completion. Done quite abit since you were here last, but Tommy keeps adding to the build, and I have lots of small jobs that need to come and go. Not real sure on the motor, he had something going with indy as you know, I know he had give them some sort of deposit. He told me the other day to get with Pete at best machine on the motor plate, so it looks like he's back with them.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 10:38 PM

holy cow you got one long computer screen need to learn to stack the pics. he's in good hands with best machine. glad to see him get away from indy. would like to know the story though

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 10:41 PM

school me on this stack the pics.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 10:43 PM

don't have any idea just know it would be easier to look at

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 10:47 PM

Thats funny right there. I get it now LOL. you mean stack like as in a book, and not in a line
Posted By: slantzilla

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 10:48 PM

That is one sweet Duster!

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/30/10 10:50 PM

Quote:

you should see it in person
Posted By: '72CudaRacer

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/31/10 12:24 AM

Hey, you're way ahead of me. I can't figure out how to put more than one picture on a post at a time, and then only if it less than so many KB thingys or something like that.
Nice work on the Duster also.
Brian

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/31/10 01:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

You gonna get to drive it Tony?

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/31/10 03:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You gonna get to drive it Tony?

no it doesn't belong to me but it will be quite a ride when done.
Posted By: go green

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/31/10 03:54 AM

Quote:

Hey, you're way ahead of me. I can't figure out how to put more than one picture on a post at a time, and then only if it less than so many KB thingys or something like that.
Nice work on the Duster also.
Brian

Copy and paste the picture info, then hit enter .

Leave a line between picture information.

It will stack to the left instead of causing a thread disaster ,

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/31/10 01:09 PM

Thanks go green. I'll try that. Nice Cuda. As far as I know the Duster is going sublime. But, you know how that goes. Colors are subject to change several times before cars are actually painted.

Post deleted by Defbob - 01/31/10 01:44 PM

Posted By: Bigcube

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/31/10 04:33 PM

Nice work!

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/31/10 04:36 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks go green. I'll try that. Nice Cuda. As far as I know the Duster is going sublime. But, you know how that goes. Colors are subject to change several times before cars are actually painted.

Sassy Grass Green looks great on a Duster.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/31/10 06:29 PM

maybe I'm getting the two colors mixed up. What is the difference?

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/31/10 06:47 PM

sublime is a lighter color than sassy grass. sassy grass is more of an emarald green to me

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/31/10 10:06 PM

Then sublime is the color I'm thinking of. Also, a note about the chassis/car construction. We have built just about everything in house with the exception of some brackets and tabs. Even some of those were made here, but resemble commercially available stuff. There was no kit, every tube came off the rack and was bent here, and the chassis is our design, based off some of the best features of Mcamis, Bickel, and RJ. Also the chassis is in mock-up mode, and alot of the tube and misc. haven't been done yet as I like to be sure it's all going to come together before I go to extremes. Thanks for the reply's and kind words.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 01/31/10 11:18 PM

Quote:

sublime is a lighter color than sassy grass. sassy grass is more of an emarald green to me

Sassy grass looks more like money.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/06/10 08:47 PM

Here are a few more pics. Glasstek front end and doors came.

We cut out the stock hinge pillar and built new hinges, built a rocker/ground effect. We will finish rocker when the 1/4's are finished.

fire system activated battery cut off

mounted the race pak dash

built the chute frame

built trans mount

Thanks for the interest.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/06/10 09:29 PM

Once again.....

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/07/10 12:36 PM

pedals mocked up, fabbed M/C mount and brake linkage, bent up brake lines.

Post deleted by Defbob - 02/07/10 12:40 PM

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/07/10 12:41 PM

looking good

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/07/10 12:46 PM

Thanks, Dave. Looks like I need to upgrade my photobucket account. Their standard low res pics look like crap. LOL.
Posted By: Scamp451

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/07/10 01:12 PM

This must be a passion because there is significant progress, and you are good at it. Very nice work.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/07/10 01:18 PM

Very nice work,indeed!!!
Posted By: dartman366

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/07/10 01:19 PM

Keep up the good work,this is the kind of thing that keep's my interest going.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/07/10 01:30 PM

Thanks guys. Some of the pics are still from a few weeks ago. I'm not as fast as it looks. LOL. One of you has already seem alot of this. Hhmmmm.Wonder who it is? Got the rear end finished, waiting on the axles and stuff. Started stretching the front end yesterday. It gets 4" added between the door and wheel and 2.5 ahead of wheel.It's now at 112WB. We cut the cowl off about 2.5 from the w/shield also. I'll get some pics up of that stuff ASAP.
Posted By: blown572dart

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/07/10 01:51 PM

Looks real nice. I like the carbon

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/07/10 01:56 PM

Quote:

Looks real nice. I like the carbon

Yeah, carbon is sweet. The whole interior is carbon except for the firewall and driver side floor. I love your blown Dart. Somehow I missed it at PRI. Would have loved to see it in person and meet you.

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/07/10 10:25 PM

I just had to set the front end up there to see what it was going to look like. The suspense was killing me. The scoop is for another car in the shop. The Duster is getting one of the new P/S style scoops. Do you think the wood blocks are SFI? LOL
Posted By: go green

Re: T/S Duster Build - 02/08/10 03:16 AM

Can some mod please fix this thread or start over . Its 10 feet long.

Car looks good
© 2024 Moparts Forums